Anyone here have the Yamaha FJR Comfort Seats??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wicked Webby

Right is Harder than Wrong.
Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone have the Yamaha OEM FJR Gel Comfort seats, and do you like them? I have been considering these... The cheapest, new, I have been able to find these online has been for $282.

Thoughts from any of you that have them.?.? I am not interested in the Corbin (have done that..too hard for me) And/or a custom seat(too pricey for what I am looking for).

I like the look of these Yamaha Gel ones and was looking for impressions from people that have them.

I am not looking to send my stock saddle out for "modifications" either.

Anyone here have um?

WW

Yes, I have one. About 5000 mile on it now, and I find it much improved over the stock seat, Enough that I don't feel the need for a custom seat any longer. Got it from U Motors before the prices went up, less than $300 shipped. Caution your Butt may vary.

Anyone here have um?
WW
Yup, I got um. It wasn't quite what I had hoped for. I plan to get a custom seat built soon.

Saturday I put the stock seat back on just for a final compare and the Yamy Touring is better. Just not a LOT better. I plan to keep it for rippin' around on and get the stock one re-built for traveling.

Anyone here have um?
WW
Yup, I got um. It wasn't quite what I had hoped for. I plan to get a custom seat built soon.

Saturday I put the stock seat back on just for a final compare and the Yamy Touring is better. Just not a LOT better. I plan to keep it for rippin' around on and get the stock one re-built for traveling.

what he said :D

I actually thought about a lawsuit for Yamaha's use of the word "comfort" in naming this seat.

It is hard as a brick under the thin gel disguise.

It is a little flatter and wider than stock.

Your results may vary.

If you want a deal on one, PM me!

I've put more miles on mine now, than I did on the originals. The touring saddle is definitely more firm. It does not allow your carcass to settle down in it, as the factory seat does. Your butt and fun-parts stay on top of the saddle. The intial feeling is that the new seat is hard. But on a 200 mile run, you will definitely appreciate the gel seat over the original. As in all narrow seats, however, the psi works against your comfort, compared to the Russell. I've used all 3! Phil

I put one on my '07 and sold the stock one. A bit premature... the Gel seat turns int o a frying pan in hot weather. It is comfortable under 70 degrees but get past that and the folks following you will think that they are smelling BBQ ahead.

I'm getting a sheep skin cover this week.

I've had mine on for about 2,000 miles now - it's a big improvement over stock - and I'm happy with it. I did 5 hours this last Sunday with now issues. Seems to get a little better with a few miles on it.

i found the seat to be a frying pan i carry a white towel and cover seat whe i stop, also harder than corbin i have on FZ1 but only a little better than stock seat 08 fj

I've been tossing around this very idea. I have the Russel seat for touring, but for around town/daily commute I think I might prefer the stock seat or the "comfort" seat.

Great thread, lots of great input! Thanks all!

Hello,
Anyone have the Yamaha OEM FJR Gel Comfort seats, and do you like them? I have been considering these... The cheapest, new, I have been able to find these online has been for $282.

Thoughts from any of you that have them.?.? I am not interested in the Corbin (have done that..too hard for me) And/or a custom seat(too pricey for what I am looking for).

I like the look of these Yamaha Gel ones and was looking for impressions from people that have them.

I am not looking to send my stock saddle out for "modifications" either.

Anyone here have um?

WW

you could save alot of money and just buy a pair of bicycle gel shorts....a good pair makes all the difference on any seat and they are cool under any riding gear...it may be worth trying, you have little to lose.

Ankhman

I've had mine for about a year. A few long trips. Better than stock, but I'm still ready for a break after 150 - 200 miles. I have to say that, at that point, my legs are are begging to be stretched as well, so it all evens out. Not a bad purchase. Haven't noticed the heat problem as others have mentioned.

WW I tried a Sargents and it was rough on me after a couple of hours. Guess I expected more for 360 but I am skinny reared and even a car hurts after a few hours. I lightly customised my stock seat by adding some very dense foam under the front half below the original foam. This seem to be a little better and you don't slide forward when slowing or stopping like before on the standard seat. The staples are easy to pull and the top cover slide back easily.

I got one about a year ago. I like it better than the stock seat. I have not noticed the heat complaint other have mentioned.

I like it because:

it is firmer

it is flatter so I can move around just a little after a longer ride. The stock seat molds me into position too much.

It is firm. I had a corbin/yamaha on my 05 and I liked it because it had a larger sitting area.

Glad I got it and I liked the value.

Latest posts