Anyone replace frt rotors on a gen2 lately?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I put over 100,000 miles on two sets of front rotors.
Is that 50,000 miles per set of rotors? Or 100,000 on each of 2 different bikes where the rotors didn't wear out?

I'm at 52,000 on my first set of rotors and they are below specs. But you'll be happy to hear that I'm putting Gen I rotors on my bike and based on your and Ionbeams experience, they are superior to Gen II rotors. :p

What can brown do for me? Drop these off, that's what!

1120506077_photobucket_73639_.jpg

Now I've got to get some new rotor bolts(probably not a good idea to use the same ones) and some new pads. The CL pads have some life left, but I'm not taking any chance on them burning up brand new rotors! I've decided to try OEM Yammy pads since they seem to be quite rotor friendly and last. I measured the new rotors and they're 5mm thick; I don't think this will be a problem as the stock Gen 2's are only 4.5.

I re-use rotor bolts as long as they hex part is not beginning to get rounded. Use blue loctite on them.

Ok, good to know. I figured they were a one use item. That'll save about $24 right there!

I was going to go ahead and burn whats left of the stock rotors and CL pads up, but I don't know if I can wait to try out the new ones! They may get installed this weekend...if it drops below 90 in the garage!!