April 14th, 2012 - NorCal meets SoCal RTE at Big Sur River Inn, Big Sur, CA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great day. Nice ride up with dcarver, good lunch and great meeting those I did. Great spirited ride back with Fairlaner and Duff. :p Enjoy dinner everyone, Sunday forecast is spectacular for your rides home.

I am ASSuming most peeps are in Cambria mooching MCML's scotch and then, stumbling back to the room and, uhh, 'retiring for the evening'. I bet none of these wimps make it past midnight and into the new day, jes sayin' and 'nuff said! (So sayeth BeemerDon's!)

Assuming you want to read...

here is my RR...

Edit - So many thanks to Sir Sam aka Mr. PuppyChow. He arranged this whole gig,got challenged with a 17 peep 'reservation' security and somehow rose above all the El Torro Poo-Poo.

Kudos to Mr. PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking turnout y'all had there DC. Would have loved to made the trip down and bring some [more] rain for youse!! ;)

Thanks for the RR and pics, good luck at the nuke!

--G

Great report, thanks Carver! Did Sam make his own RTE? Never saw him in any pics or was he off with the also missing in the pictures Tyler :unsure:

PS. 3/4 inch crushed mine rock would do wonders for your road.

here is my RR...

Thanks for the RR Don! Great pics! Love this picture of our first 2 UP FJR RTE! :yahoo:

16-001.jpg

We missed you at dinner! At 10:30 they were still by the fire laughing it up! Good time had by all!

Till next time Richard and Laurie

Great RR Don. It was good seeing you at the RTE. Glad to hear people say they had a good time. Thinking of making this an annual thing in Big Sur, and get better at the RTE planning stuff..

See ya'll soon!

here is my RR...

Thanks for the RR Don! Great pics! Love this picture of our first 2 UP FJR RTE! :yahoo:

16-001.jpg

We missed you at dinner! At 10:30 they were still by the fire laughing it up! Good time had by all!

Till next time Richard and Laurie
Good seeing you again Richard, it had been over 2 years, and getting to meet your lovely bride Laurie!

See you both around soon!

Thanks for the ride report, Don. It was great seeing you too. I also wish we could have chatted more; but there were a lot of old friends to say hi to, and some new ones to meet.

See you all next time....

Well, I took 2 pictures.

Here was our ride up to the gathering at the River Inn on "the One". Chris and Joy on thier '03 and Jan and I on our '05.

CambriaShell.jpg

Here is a shot of the general cluster of the flock.

RiverInn.jpg

Met some new faces to put with the names. Wish I hadn't been somewhere else (in my mind ?) when Cathy and John (CAJW) had introduced themselves. Oh well, so much for "old timers" disease.

Spoke to Hycle about his new job teaching, and about the potential of "old timers" setting in :lol:

..and it was kewel talking with Redtail and Laurie while they celebrated their vacation on their FJR while in Big Sur.

Met many other faces, including some that have already been posterized and nailed to a wall. :eek:

Cheers until the next Gathering of the Clans. :clapping:

Ride hard, ride fast, and don't let the bed bugs bite. :huh:

Great seeing everyone. Home safely via the scenic route (Pismo Beach, Lompoc, Casitas Pass, Ojai, etc.)

DC, I appreciate your watching my back (well, maybe except for the photo) but nobody was mooching scotch 'cause, as you already know ( a ) it's there for everyone to enjoy and ( b ) the crowd prefers Southern Comfort, bourbon, beer and, apparently, Grand Marnier ..... and several folks brought lots to drink and share. In any event, I will keep on trying to convert folks to single malts and maybe next time I come home empty handed! Unfortunately, I did not see Geeno's post about single malt until it was too late. He is already a convert.

I did take some photos and they are here:

Photos of Some of the Hearty Souls Who Braved The Weather

Great report, thanks Carver! Did Sam make his own RTE? Never saw him in any pics or was he off with the also missing in the pictures Tyler :unsure:

PS. 3/4 inch crushed mine rock would do wonders for your road.
Sam, as well as I, did indeed make the lunch. You can see a little slice of me in one or two of the photos around the Spyder... y'know, the ones where Johnny80s is licking my ball sack. :rolleyes: :dribble:

Don, too short a visit but lovely to see your smiling face! Cambria was lovely, Nitt Witt Ridge was fascinating, dinner was yummy, and the conversation around the fire pit... well, it's kind of impossible to sum it all up other than... you should've been there! ;) :lol: Erin, CC, Bill and I decided to head back up Hwy 1 which was a bit of a slog due to those idiot drivers... :angry2: But the weather was stunning and the views are always spectacular. :D

Thanks, Sam, for stepping up and putting this all together so we could all get together and see some of our favorite peeps and, as others have said, meet some new ones! B)

Great RR Don. It was good seeing you at the RTE. Glad to hear people say they had a good time. Thinking of making this an annual thing in Big Sur, and get better at the RTE planning stuff..

See ya'll soon!
You did fine at planning bro... the people at the reservations desk were a bit of a dick.... and then there was

that one gustopo waitress cutie lolol

thanks for doing it dude!!

It was a great weekend, thank you all so much for letting me crash the party! :biggrinsmiley:

It was nice to see some of you again and meet some new folks too! It was a privilege to see the FJR folks in action around the fire pit, haven't laughed that hard in ages! I could now see for myself how all the stories Tyler tells are true! :lol:

I did take a few pic but will tack them onto Tyler's RR, that way I know you guys will HAVE to look at them ha ha ha.

Had a great time, but have not had time to download pics from the camera.

There was a case of bike rash, and it wasn't mine. Just sayin' and nuff said.

Oh yeah, there were only four who made it past midnight by the fire pit. I was a witness.