April 14th, 2012 - NorCal meets SoCal RTE at Big Sur River Inn, Big Sur, CA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be going up with Fairlaner on Saturday and camping that night with Don (if he shows up) and Geno. I will not be camping Friday since I will be at Richard's house.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Don - Meet us at Betteravia road and 101 between 9 and 9.30am at the Chevron station. That is if you show up. Richard says you are not gonna show up.

Don - Meet us at Betteravia road and 101 between 9 and 9.30am at the Chevron station. That is if you show up. Richard says you are not gonna show up.
Oh he'll show up. He always shows up. He just always bugs out early with some bullshit excuse...... :blink:

Oh he'll show up. He always shows up. He just always bugs out early with some bullshit excuse...... :blink:
Skooty Honey, I'll stick to Los Dos Vatos Locos like a stinky and shitty diaper! I just wish those two Wankers did not ride so fecking slow, they don't know how to haul ass like you ride GreggieM!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now i know he is having a laugh......Don as you are gonna be in Ventura ( I believe) you should meet at us The Chevron on Victoria at 7am....

It is 162 miles from Betteravia to big Sure so 3 hours with John is kinda pushing it.....( I have seen him in the twists).

Or we could just catch u on the road, i did post or route on an earlier post.

R

Now i know he is having a laugh......Don as you are gonna be in Ventura ( I believe) you should meet at us The Chevron on Victoria at 7am....

It is 162 miles from Betteravia to big Sure so 3 hours with John is kinda pushing it.....( I have seen him in the twists).

R
Hello Richard, I actually am spending tomorrow night in Santa Barbara at State Street and Las Positas Road: Motel 6. But no matter, I printed out your route and will just follow it and I would assume that you and TurtleGears will catch up with me somewhere on the San Marcos Pass Road - California State Route 154.

Saturday northbound.

Not sure if 1 or 2 up..

Weather depending on the 2 up....
Hey Don,

If you're so inclined, and your time frame supports, I'm planning on being at the Cambria Shell station at 8:45, and then up road to SSSP at 9:00 for whoever may or may not be there...not sure who is or isn't camping but will stop there to meet whoever is there. Saturday's weather is looking good, a bit cold, but no rain :yahoo:

Randy
Randy, tentative yes!

Will PM you cellie.

Rained last night from midnight to maybe 4a.m. and then was nice all day! Our local host says that's the most common pattern this time of year. I tend to believe her as it's looking like it might again tonight. Then it's supposed to clear out tomorrow and :yahoo: !

here's another taste...

IMG_2340.jpg

Is Hwy 33 snowed in? Wondering if I should head for that on my way to Del Mar, or take Foxen Canyon into Santa Rosa. Also, it seems like there is construction on 101 past Santa Rosa till 405..

R
Hello Richard, I actually am spending tomorrow night in Santa Barbara at State Street and Las Positas Road: Motel 6. But no matter, I printed out your route and will just follow it and I would assume that you and TurtleGears will catch up with me somewhere on the San Marcos Pass Road - California State Route 154.
I kinda like Turtle Gears. I am going to drop Cut and Paste Post Whore for that one. :rolleyes:

Don we are taking San Marcos and then heading up Foxen canyon to Betteravia....

R
Got it, 'R'! Lived in SLO County most of my life, just past Los Olivos I hang a right onto Foxen Canyon Road; then through Sisquoc and Garey. Great wineries out there!

Is Hwy 33 snowed in? Wondering if I should head for that on my way to Del Mar, or take Foxen Canyon into Santa Rosa. Also, it seems like there is construction on 101 past Santa Rosa till 405..
Uh Sam, Santa Rosa is up in Sonoma County; you really need to cut back on the Ganga, even Old Michael and Papa Chuy know our limits when it comes to our "Mota".

Now, if you meant Santa Ynez then you're correct, at South end of Foxen Canyon Road you'll enter Los Olivos; turn left onto Hwy. 154 here, takes you to Santa Barbara!

PuppyChowcopy.jpg

Good luck and ride safe Don. It is pukin' rain here this morning in Sacramento. I can think of several things I'd rather do than undertake a long trip in this weather. Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the minions int he sun tomorrow.

Uh Sam, Santa Rosa is up in Sonoma County; you really need to cut back on the Ganga, even Old Michael and Papa Chuy know our limits when it comes to our "Mota".

Now, if you meant Santa Ynez then you're correct, at South end of Foxen Canyon Road you'll enter Los Olivos; turn left onto Hwy. 154 here, takes you to Santa Barbara!

PuppyChowcopy.jpg
Yerr right! Don't drink and post or whatever..I meant Santa Barbara not Santa Rosa...
laugh.gif

Good thing I didn't attempt to finish off the taxes last night...
ph34r.gif

Lots of SoCal people coming. Anyone from NorCal? I will be heading out with a few friends from San Jose. Anyone else?
Myself, Erin, CC, and Bill will be meeting off of 101 @ the Coyote Creek exit at 9 a.m. and head down to Surf City Coffee in Moss Landing around 10 a.m. before heading for Big Sure. You're more than welcome to join us. :)
I could meet you in either place. Let me check with the guys today. If I see you either places...cool. I have a silver 2011 FJR. I will be the good looking guy on it!
Tyler, Can I meet you in Moss Landing? I will be there with a friend Blake at 10. Let's hope for sun!