April 14th, 2012 - NorCal meets SoCal RTE at Big Sur River Inn, Big Sur, CA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of SoCal people coming. Anyone from NorCal? I will be heading out with a few friends from San Jose. Anyone else?
Myself, Erin, CC, and Bill will be meeting off of 101 @ the Coyote Creek exit at 9 a.m. and head down to Surf City Coffee in Moss Landing around 10 a.m. before heading for Big Sure. You're more than welcome to join us. :)
I could meet you in either place. Let me check with the guys today. If I see you either places...cool. I have a silver 2011 FJR. I will be the good looking guy on it!
Tyler, Can I meet you in Moss Landing? I will be there with a friend Blake at 10. Let's hope for sun!
You bet! And there will be no rain, only sunshine... because I said so!! B)

Interesting afternoon in northern CA today. After raining hard all morning, we have periods of bright sun, followed by intense thunderstorms with hail, then the sun comes out. The front has passed, and the clear weather is not far away.

I'm at the Cambria Palms, sunny & windy. Having a glass of single malt. Got drenched coming down 101, but nice now. :)

... And there will be no rain, only sunshine...

..., gonna be sunny tomorrow !! NO worries.....

You chicks are all so optimistic.

biggrin.gif

Well, tonight's the home opener for the Sacramento River Cats (AAA, Oakland A's organization). The game looks pretty iffy, though right this minute the sun's shining. They're still saying another t-storm will come in about 9 p.m., so it might be a long game. But tomorrow and Sunday are supposed (?) to be nice and getting better, so the plan to jet out early is still on. Shooting for a take off by 7 a.m., and hope that's not pushing my luck.

It'll be good to see everybody, and maybe the only big get-together I'll make it to this summer with that Alps trip coming up. It's ok, though. Don't feel too sorry for me. And see you at lunch.

My 3 mile mud road is a stretch at the moment.

Took the 4WD tractor and made it through, although one section is really fooked up.

If it does NOT rain tonight.. I'll have a 6" corridor on the left to make it out.

If not, I'll have to decide if it's worthwhile to hook the trailer, slog through, etc..

Me thinks, given the sky, I can mud bog mighty CrZy8 outta here!

Randy, if I'm not on time, head north, young man!

(but I'm 85% I can be there)

;)

The Mrs. and I are blasting off at 0800, eta Los Banos Starbucks (across from Airport) 0930.

Don, You'll make it out just fine as you can't possibly have any more rain tonight, the rest of it just fell on our place. :rolleyes: Rain gauge is just shy of 3" since Wed morn.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Saturday morning! Woke up at 5:30 AM. No Rain :clapping:

It's now 7:01AM. Got the riding gear laid out and am waiting for my better half to awaken.

We should be on the road around 9:30AM after Supertanker gets here.

We are going on a ride.

See all o' yall later.

It's Saturday morning! Woke up at 5:30 AM. No Rain :clapping:

It's now 7:01AM. Got the riding gear laid out and am waiting for my better half to awaken.

We should be on the road around 9:30AM after Supertanker gets here.

We are going on a ride.

See all o' yall later.
its a good day ...... I'm booted and suited... coffee is my friend......lol

Lots of peeps met up in Big Sur...... good food and people!!

I'm home safe and sound :ph34r: :rolleyes:

And naked?? Carver sent me a message sayin you was all drunk an left that way.
That pic of u in your little indian thong outfit ...... damn!!! TMI dude lololol

me?!... drunk?!.... never, on crack..... maybe :blink: :eek: :p

Awsome day! Got on the road at 0830 and stopped by Khunajawdge's and left there at 0930, stopped in Cambria looking for other riders then headed up hywy1. Caught up with 3 other riders and continued up to Big Sur had a great lunch, met a bunch of new friends and a few old ones and headed back. 250 total miles. wifes first ride on the FJR. the seat back worked well, I was no longer being squeezed to death like on my old K100RS. Overall, GREAT DAY!!

Last edited by a moderator: