Armed Riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I'm doing the Long Distance thing and sleeping under a tree in the middle of nowhere, please don't wake me suddenly. A .380 resides in my pocket and a 9mm can be found very close by. Having a permit that allows me to carry in about 30 states currently is a big plus. The world is a dangerous place and the US can be even more dangerous. In most places danger is caused by politics and/or religion...in the US it's because some asshole is bored or just doesn't care.

The only draw i have is that some states are not Compact states! Illinois is one of the worst ones thats anti gun
The good new for me is that all other surrounding states are legal for me to carry.
I wish we were. Luckily, I carry my own weapon.......................................................... on the back seat :ph34r:

She stepped into the alley with a single shot .410The road goes on forever and the party never ends
Heh - that's a GREAT Robert Earl Keen song with a good cover by The Highwaymen.

She pulls back onto Main Street in her new Mercedes Benz

The road goes on forever and the party never ends

:) Just like a woman. :D

google is your friend.

I carry on my bike almost always.. I have been pulled over 3 times in three states that surround me (Speeding... ops) and each time the first thing I told the officer was I had a permit and a loaded weapon in my tank bag. This is in accordance with my states licensing rules.

WITHOUT EXCEPTION each and every LEO was professional, precise, polite, and not one seperated me from my weapon or asked to even see my permit,,,,, or weapon of course. They did watch me closely and ask me "exactly" where it was during which time I held perfectly still as I told them I would until directed otherwise.

My advice... Learn the laws and follow them regarding CCW.. This is not to be taken lightly. If you have rights to carry I do not see a LEO having a problem with it in my experience. But follow the rules exactly!!

YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:
In Texas, if pulled over, you are required to hand over your drivers license and CHL permit, notifying the officer if you are carrying or not.

On trips where I go places alone, or through areas where breaking down would conceivably cause issues, I pack. Makes me feel better, and my wife too (since she just stays at home and worries about me...). Most of the guys I ride with are CHL holders too.

Ha I don't need no stinkin' piece!!!!!All I need is my trusty hockey stick and a puck!

I always carry, in any state I'm in. I have it on me (on hip) or in my tank bag on every trip. Even though it is legal for me to carry now in any state, never once has it been visible to the public and never once has it been an issue when in other jurisdictions.

google is your friend.
I carry on my bike almost always.. I have been pulled over 3 times in three states that surround me (Speeding... ops) and each time the first thing I told the officer was I had a permit and a loaded weapon in my tank bag. This is in accordance with my states licensing rules.

WITHOUT EXCEPTION each and every LEO was professional, precise, polite, and not one seperated me from my weapon or asked to even see my permit,,,,, or weapon of course. They did watch me closely and ask me "exactly" where it was during which time I held perfectly still as I told them I would until directed otherwise.

My advice... Learn the laws and follow them regarding CCW.. This is not to be taken lightly. If you have rights to carry I do not see a LEO having a problem with it in my experience. But follow the rules exactly!!

YMMV
Yes, know your laws. For instance, carrying a loaded firearm in your tank bag would be illegal in WA. The CWP gives you the legal right to carry a firearm on your person. A tank bag, glove box, under the seat, etc does not count as "your person" and could get you arrested for carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle.

I am armed at all times that it is legal. Virginia is an open carry state, so at work I don't bother concealing. I just have a Virginia ccw and just make sure I know which states have reciprocity with Virginia. On the bike, I usually risk it, because it is not as simple as unloading and lockng the center console while on the road in a car. I don't make too much of an effort to have something on me while on the bike but be sure to while at meals, rest areas, motels, etc. I carry a Springfield Armory XD-9, Walther PPK and a Keltec P32 depending on what the situation calls for. I think it is the responsible thing to do and really fits in with ATGATT.

Fortunately for those of you in shall issue states, you're OK.

In the Peoples Republic of California Commifornia, we have more laws than Carter has liver pills. Lets just say, unless you have a CCW, you could be in trouble, unless transporting to go to a range or club etc.

I haven't read all 12 pages of this thread so if my question is answered somewhere else let me know.

Can someone give me an example of why you would need to carry? Just a situation that you think may come up? Because I just can't think of any. At least none I would put myself in on purpose.

Before you go on the offensive, I currently live in one of the worst parts of Cincinnati. I own several handguns and rifles including my beloved tack driving Bushmaster scoped flat top AR-15 clone with a 24" shaved fluted barrel and tubular hand guard, two Glocks, a 17 and a 22 with an extra 24 slide with an Aimpoint red dot sight, an AMT Hardballer longslide and others( plus many others I no longer own). I'm an NRA member. (the local sherrif came to my elementary school when I was in 4th grade to give us the Jr. safety course and I've been shooting ever since). I shoot regularly, have been trying to find the time for my CCP, but I just have not been able to justify the need for it.

When I ride, I like to think I'm riding AWAY from trouble, but as many of you guy's are carrying, maybe I missed something.