Atlanta Motorcycle Show FJR Luncheon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really really really really sucks that I couldn't come up today. I actually got up at 3AM intending to make a day trip out of it, but couldn't stay awake, was NOT willing to start a 5-hour drive like that. The weather forecast pretty much convinced me to stay here, too.

I wanted to meet my forum family and see if you guys even approach the intellect, wit, wisdom, and hooligan-ness that you display on the boards. My real-life family had other obligations for me, though, so it will have to wait for another day.

Hey, gang, sorry to miss the lunch -- I hadn't noticed that there was going to be a gathering. It was great seeing both the A and AE models of the FJR at the show.

Anyone else see that lad crash in the ball of steel? Pretty scary, but according to a nurse on the scene, he should be O.K.

--

John Miller

You may have seen me at the show; I was wearing a black jacket.

We had a great time at lunch! :yahoo:

We went back in the show for about an hour to buy stuff. The crowd was about 1/2 the size it was before lunch. Roads were clear all the way home.

Anyone else see that lad crash in the ball of steel? Pretty scary, but according to a nurse on the scene, he should be O.K.
Good to hear Scab made it :grin: :haha: :haha:

You da mang scabby! :clapping:

:jester:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was headed that way when it happened. I did see them carry him off in a gurney. I never heard what happened. Did you see it?

Wifey and I really enjoyed the lunch with ya'll. It was a real pleasure to meet everyone.

I'm glad everyone made it home safely.

Looking forward to going riding with ya'll when the weather improves.

I wanted to meet my forum family and see if you guys even approach the intellect, wit, wisdom, and hooligan-ness that you display on the boards.
In real life? Hell, no. Here, we have employed writers. Well, before the strike we had writers.

Good to hear Scab made it :grin: :haha: :haha:

You da mang scabby! :clapping:

:jester:
Wasn't me. If it had been me, I would have been refered to as "the lad with balls of steel." However, I am da mang. (At least at my house.)

Wifey and I really enjoyed the lunch with ya'll. It was a real pleasure to meet everyone.
I'm glad everyone made it home safely.

Looking forward to going riding with ya'll when the weather improves.
I enjoyed the lunch, too.

HSTA is going to have their Cold Butt Ride next weekend. Have electrics? Let's travel!

With such a great group of people, we oughta do a spring ride, too.

How about TWO to Highway 64 down to the Ocoee and then Tennessee 30 to Tellico Plains. There is a great lunch to be had at the Tellico Plains Cafe across from the BP. We could then do a run along the Cherohala or head back south along Tennessee 68 and then on to GA 60 if time becomes an issue.

A start time of about 10 at TWO could allow this nice tour as a long day ride. Just food for thought. Speak up if interested!!!

Mike / gasportrider

How about TWO to Highway 64 down to the Ocoee and then Tennessee 30 to Tellico Plains. There is a great lunch to be had at the Tellico Plains Cafe across from the BP. We could then do a run along the Cherohala or head back south along Tennessee 68 and then on to GA 60 if time becomes an issue. A start time of about 10 at TWO could allow this nice tour as a long day ride. Just food for thought. Speak up if interested!!!

Mike,

Sounds good, I am in, let me know in advance...

Nelson

How about TWO to Highway 64 down to the Ocoee and then Tennessee 30 to Tellico Plains. There is a great lunch to be had at the Tellico Plains Cafe across from the BP. We could then do a run along the Cherohala or head back south along Tennessee 68 and then on to GA 60 if time becomes an issue. A start time of about 10 at TWO could allow this nice tour as a long day ride. Just food for thought. Speak up if interested!!!

Mike,

Sounds good, I am in, let me know in advance...

Nelson
I did not make the lunch but would love to meet for the spring ride if open to others.

Tony