Audiovox CC Clearance at Autozone

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Constant Mesh

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I bought an Audiovox CCS-100 cruise control at Autozone today for $27.99. This is a major price reduction. I think Autozone is dropping this product and they're unloading their remaining inventory at this very attractive price. The clerk actually knocked another 10% off the price for me -- covered the sales tax.

If you have an interest in buying this unit, I'd recommend you purchase it ASAP.

I believe these units are being discontinued by audiovox, as other retailers have been closing these out as well.

Yep -

There was a thread going on the LDRidersList.org digest for a few days. If you're going to get one, be prepared to spend some time on the phone. Here's my experience:

I called 5 AutoZone stores -

1 did not show any in stock.

3 showed one in stock - but could not find it on the shelf. (Hmmm.. shrinkage?)

And the last one I called showed 2 in stock - and the very helpful manager was able to put her hands of both of them. I now have a kit. :D

Now all I need is a bike. Waiting sucks. :angry: :angry:

This deal has apparently been going on for some time-the same thing was posted in Sept IIRC. I was unable to locate any at the time, and paid close to a hunnert smackaroonis for it. $28 is a steal, if you can get your hands on one.

Damn - something just occurred to me.
WTF are we going to do when one that we have breaks?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

-BD
Since they're guaranteed for 12 thousand miles YOURS should last near about 'til the year 2525. Then you can buy a new one at Zager & Evans. :haha:

There are plenty available on the shelf in my area, except nobody is offering the $28.00 deal. :rolleyes:

There are absolutely NONE in my central Indiana area, and I was told by store managers that they are discontinuing TO CARRY THEM, not that Audiovox is going to stop making them. I think it's an Autozone thing, not a Audiovox thing.

I posted a link in the newbie area for the best price on the net that I have found. About $90 shipped. Found out that Amazon.com sells them for about the same amount. I think I'm going to get one and stockpile it.

Still think Yamaha is NUTS for not having a cruise control for a sport TOURING bike.

Hey CM! You are DA man! B)

I've been wanting to put a cruise control on my bike since I got my Bandit 1200 3 years ago. Of course, the desire carried over to my FJR. I never actually bought it because at over $100 I just didn't think it was worth the money.

I just found, and bought, one at Autozone in Norwood, OH (northern Cincinnati) out the door for $29!

FJRocket: I was told by the AZ on Main Street in Dayton that they could still order it. I was going to drive there but I found the place in Norwood instead. Their part # is 461608.

Anyway. Now I've got my winter project.

Last edited by a moderator:
REWARD: FJROCKET WANTS A $29 Audiovox Cruise Control.

Someone buy TWO when they get them, and I would happily pay $50 for one!!!!!!!!!

(You'd think that since I am in Indiana, that we would get the same deals as Ohio. But NOoOoOooo.....)

RadioHowie wants one too...anyone willing to put together a Group Buy?

But seriously, Autozone in Lakeland, Fl, doesn't know dick about the discount and doesn't have any anyway.

I'll definitely go in $50 for one.

Ok, I scored one for myself and ordered 5 others today, to be delivered in a couple of days they told me.

$50.00 a piece, plus my cost whatever UPS ground shipping is to your door, TBD once I get your address, no PO boxes. Since I have an account with them and I won't have to stand in line at the post office. There is quite a distance for me to drive to get them, thus $50.00.

I'll hold 2, 1 ea. for FJRocket and Radiohowie until I hear otherwise.

Skyway - ever the capatalist. ;)

Ok, I scored one for myself and ordered 5 others today, to be delivered in a couple of days they told me. 
$50.00 a piece, plus my cost whatever UPS ground shipping is to your door, TBD once I get your address, no PO boxes.  Since I have an account with them and I won't have to stand in line at the post office.  There is quite a distance for me to drive to get them, thus $50.00.

I'll hold 2, 1 ea. for FJRocket and Radiohowie until I hear otherwise.

Skyway - ever the capatalist. ;)
Skyway...I'm in like Flynn.

Check your PMs.

Sorry Pappy...Skyway offered first. I'll gladly give up the extra $5 to the first guy in the Capitalism Line. :)

I was just kidding around. $50 is still a great deal. I would have jumped on it if I hadn't been able to find one.