Audiovox CC Clearance at Autozone

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just kidding around. $50 is still a great deal. I would have jumped on it if I hadn't been able to find one.
You mean you WEREN'T gonna do it for $45!!!

[SIZE=21pt]BASTAGE!![/SIZE]

This looks like a perfect dogpile opportunity. :bleh: :haha:

I bought the last one in stock at the Erlanger KY store today. As I was calling around, one clerk told me he could special order all I want at the sale price. Takes a day or two to get in.

BITCHIN"!!!!!!! I've been wanting one of these for my beater work car for a LONG time! I just wouldn't spend $125 for one from J.C. Whitney. I just called A/Z and ordered two over the phone for less than $60 for BOTH! They tell me they'll be in Monday. Now I can put one on the beater and one on the FJR. I love you guys! :airkiss: :airkiss:

My thanks to Constant Mesh for the heads-up on the good deal on the Audiovox Cruise Control. I scored one for $27.

An even greater thanks to H. Marc Lewis and AMAIN for the install info.

https://www.fjr1300.info/howto/audiovox.html

The unit appears to be of good quality construction.

Now if I just had my ordered 06 to do the install!

Skyway - count me in - and THANKS!

PM sent with my info...

now for the waiting game.. hmm. wonder how many times a feller can read the instructions between now and May?

Checked my local Autozone. None in stock. I asked one of the clerks, and he did a cursory check on the computer to no avail. Nothing came up so he said he couldn't order it. :angry:

Checked Audiovox's website, and they said Pep Boy's and Checker Auto should have it also. Pep Boy's was the same as Autozone - not in stock and no longer carry it.

Checker Auto did have three in stock!!!

At $104.99 each. :(

Looks like Skyway is my man.

I managed to accumulate three of them from three different area stores. The last one for $15!!!!!! The manager said it had been shipped in as overstock from another store. They were remodeling and it was in a pile of assorted merchandise that they would just as soon shove out the door rather than restock on the shelves. True story! Now THAT'S the SHIT!!!!

I managed to accumulate three of them from three different area stores. The last one for $15!!!!!!
What three stores did you find them at? I'm striking out in my area (doesn't help that it's after 9 here and I'm just discovering this). I'm on a mission tomorrow.

I don't know much about this product. Sounds like everyone is happy with it?? Anyone got any pics of it?

I managed to accumulate three of them from three different area stores. The last one for $15!!!!!!
What three stores did you find them at? I'm striking out in my area (doesn't help that it's after 9 here and I'm just discovering this). I'm on a mission tomorrow.

I don't know much about this product. Sounds like everyone is happy with it?? Anyone got any pics of it?
All three stores were Auto Zones in the greater Cincinnati area.

I should say, any pics of it installed.
Here's some of my install. The link above has better detail. In fact it's what I used when I installed mine.

The routing is pretty easy. See the servo in the tool tray. The servo cable and the wires (in corrugated channel) follow up the right frame to the middle of the engine.

FJRCCRouting.JPG

My website has more details, but still, from the Tech link, you get all you need.

FJRABSCC1.JPG

I put my control pad on the right. I'll probably repeat that on my '06. There may not be room on the left side of the AE for more buttons.

MVC-177S.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Got lucky today... stopped by an AutoZone store in mid-Michigan and gave the clerk the part number. He looked at it and asked what it was. I told him and he pointed to the clearance table. Someone had ordered one and never picked it up. Price: $27.50 minus 10% because it was on the clearance table!

Got lucky today... stopped by an AutoZone store in mid-Michigan and gave the clerk the part number. He looked at it and asked what it was. I told him and he pointed to the clearance table. Someone had ordered one and never picked it up. Price: $27.50 minus 10% because it was on the clearance table!
WTF?!?!? I must live in the twilight zone.

After reading my above post about my experience with clueless Aotuzone workers, DangerousDave was kind enough to PM me the Autozone part #. Its 461608 btw, and you will most likey need that.

So I called my local Autozone store and gave them the part #. Yes, they can order it for $94.99. WTF?!?! I explained others were getting for the discounted price but he was clueless. Again.

So I called the only other Autozone store in my area, one that's 25 miles away. Gave him the part #. Do you have it in stock? "No". Can you order it? "Yes". How much says I............."$99.99" says he.

Arrrrrrggghhhhh! Explained that many others were getting a discounted price of $27.99, but to no avail. He was clueless.

Frustrated I was, so I went to the Autozone website and sent them a little email about their inconsistent pricing and Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot, over.

We shall see what they say, if anything.

I am not holding my breath.

I was told that the reason that some stores are discounting and others were not, is that the stores that actually stock the item are the ones who are able to discount it. We are talking Auto Zone employees here though, but it sounds reasonable to me.

Hey T120TT,

Could you give me the telephone number of the Autozone in KY that will order the cc. I'll try to call them and see if they will ship. I'd like to have some spares for future bikes. Love the cc on the boring Interstate. TIA Ian. Iowa

@FJRocket

That looks sharp, I like how it fits under the right side.

Thanks for the pics.

I was told that the reason that some stores are discounting and others were not, is that the stores that actually stock the item are the ones who are able to discount it. We are talking Auto Zone employees here though, but it sounds reasonable to me.
My local store didn't stock it, but ordered them for me. Sorry...blows that theory away.

:)

Thank you FJRocket for the pics of your install!

Could you offer more specs on your vacume res bottle and control bracket?