Audiovox Rostra Cruise Control on 2009 AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevins

Reaction score
With winter here in MN, I thought I would add a CC to my 2009 AE. I did a slight mod to my throttle bodies so I had a little more room than what most are doing. You can see the new throttle stop that you would normally drill and put a screw in it.

IMG_0161.jpg

I used a 6MM brake line and bent it around as needed. I then push the cable outer housing into the brake line. I also added a cable adjustment.

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

I attached the other end under the OEM cables. If you look close, you will see the outer housing of the cable poking out below the brake line.

IMG_0208.jpg

Here is what it looks like. It tucks under the vac sensor nicely.

IMG_0211.jpg

Here is a close-up with the cable installed

IMG_0202.jpg

I wanted a little more room on the controller (audiovox rostra) so I made a new shorter end. Here is the original and mine

IMG_0199.jpg

Kevin, nice clean work! It must be nice to have the machining equipment and skills to do the work. Nice pic's. very clean, crisp detail!

FWFE

I guess winter is ending soon so I better get the cc installed. I did a slight mod to a second winshield adjust switch and mounted it in the YCCS housing.

IMG_0271.jpg