Auto cancel Turn Signals

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, the Wee Strom has the flash to pass button. Works like a charm, too. The Euro FJR's have the FTP - so why not us, too?
What would it take to put FTP on our bikes?
A major PITA - You would be better off with a noise maker - Beep - Beep when they are blinking so you dont forget to shut them off. Ride it for a while the way it is - you will get used to it. :rolleyes:

My stock '06AE has self canceling turn signals...

that is I cancel them my-self.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was a little odd that my 07 FJR didn't have self canceling turn signals especially after owning a 2003 Road Star Warrior that did. I can't figure out how Yamaha decides which models to put them on.

What would it take to put FTP on our bikes?
A major PITA - You would be better off with a noise maker - Beep - Beep when they are blinking so you dont forget to shut them off. Ride it for a while the way it is - you will get used to it. :rolleyes:
I didn't inquire about "Self Cancelling", I inquired about "Flash To Pass".

These are two seperat issues if I'm not mistaken. Of course I have been wrong many times.

Let me know if I am again.

:headbonk: :headbonk: :headbonk:

Still miss the self canceling signals with 3K and 6 months on the bike. Will pursue an aftermarket cancelling device.

I'm more amazed at the controversy this brought up and that some people think that self cancelling is a BAD thing.

My KZ has self cancelling turn signals and it has a manual/automatic switch - not to mention that I can always just hold the switch in the appropriate position if I want them to stay on when they're set to 'auto'. There's no reason why we can't have self-cancelling signals - and I'm certain that enough people mentioned it in the various 'what I'd like to see on my FJR' threads that Yamaha would know we wanted them.

Perhaps, like speed sensitive heated grips that were an option in the US until 2008 they could have sold a kit?

Flash to pass is on the Euro versions of the FJR - but, as has been noted no one here in distracted-driving-land knows what they mean so Yamaha doesn't provide them.

That a Suzuki scooter had 'em implies that Suzuki simply did limited personalisation of the model for the US.

Want the traffic to part before you? Get a headlight modulator.

Went to put my headlight modulator on today, and it was acting "strange". Turns out both of my low beam headlights were out! I had no idea. I usually run on high beam unless I am behind another bike. Ran to NAPA and got new ones, and it's working fine now.

Whenever I encounter a bike with the flasher stuck on? I just pull out my .380 carry toy and blast out the offending lights...

But I'm older and have been street biking for 40 years.

Anybody else notice this thread is from 2007?

Kinda fun to read back through.

This thread is ROUGH...Has anybody mounted a set of brighter led indicator lights on the '06 so you can see them in the daytime?(Something that looks factory,or at least cool?))
For another project idea I bought and dissasembled a 08 display cluster. The LEDs for the turn signals are Surface Mount (SMT) LEDs, and the matching resistors are as well. It would be not that easy to match to the resistor and the voltage and the location. SMT re-work takes a skilled hand. Also with brighter LEDs you need a heat sink. From what I remember there is space to moutn one but you'd have to glue it, Drilling throught he board would risk going through a trace and nuking a $100 board).

If you want to give me a few bones I'd be willing to try it while I'm trying to get my monitors into my guages.

Also, what's the deal with cracking open the cluster? is there any safeguard and what records the distance on the bike?