Avoid a tire changer (Am I out of my mind ?)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a NoMar for the last 10 years or so. Between my son and friends I bet we change at least a dozen tires a year. Worth my while. Just to be able to put on fresh rubber for a trip and then pull them off after 3k lets me get more value for my rubber. Some tires are a real PIA -example Bridgestone BT23's will never be changed again by me.

George

I use tire warmers designed for use on road racers. They can get a tire too hot to handle; makes a big difference.
Well, Thanks for the tip about the tire warmers Pterodactyl and costing me more money!

While living in ND and having an unheated garage I've always struggled with cold stiff heavy adventure, dirt or Bridgesone tires with my No-Mar Tire changer. I've tried everything like a heat gun, placing the tire in a black plastic bag in the sun, or bringing them in the house but nothing gets them as uniformly warm and pliable as the tire warmers you suggested. This week I've been changing a lot of tires getting my 16 motorcycle school bikes ready for the training season and the tire warmers are a big help. It worked so well I can't wait to install my new Continental TKC70s on the Tenere and the new Dunlop Road Smart 3s on the FJR before SEO in the next week or two to see how much it helps. Adventure tires are the worst I've ran into but I hear Goldwing tires are a bugger also.

Last edited by a moderator: