Bad Day at the Gas Pumps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1009 views, 40 posts, 2 pages. On filling the tank. And some people think we have nothing to bitch about.

Amen! No bithches, fix the ergo's and ride. this thread is done unless someone can post residual heat of headers and cats while refueling. We have an IR gun somewhere in the system. Will find it and update later.

Rad, the tiara fits nicely. Congrats!! you da man!! :yahoo:

The exhaust system cools incredibly fast. I have a infra-red gun here at work, will post results soonest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congradulations on not having a combination FJR and impromto wiener BBQ. I will never use an automatic shut off on a MC. I have had them fail on cars. I do sit on the bike and try to get all air out of the tank. You ride a MC for Christ sakes you take chances don't you! TJ :rolleyes:

Wanted to revive this thread for one last peice of info. Dug out the Infra red laser gun to check header and cat temperatures to see if they reach gasoline auto ignition temp.(475 f)

CAVEAT: This gun is not recently calibrated and is only used to check for hot spots through walls after a fire.

1st temp with bike idling after stop Headers 409 f Cats 409 f

2nd temp with after 1 minute shutdown " " 370 f " " 370 f

3rd temp with 2 minute shutdown " " 223 f " " 209 f

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts