Beowulf Exhaust Install and sound love the new cans

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bad price. They look nice and as much as can be told from a recording they sound nice too. I'm with dcarver - I'd love to hear them in person.

Not a bad price. They look nice and as much as can be told from a recording they sound nice too. I'm with dcarver - I'd love to hear them in person.

I wish i was close to tx then i could let you hear them. the recording i did on youtube was just with a canon digital camera, so it didnt get the true growl i wish i had some proffesional equipment so you could really hear the true deep growl of the pipes. And thnx for the post

just clicked purchase on their web site.now we will see how long it takes to come over the pond to usa.wake up ya canucks....lol

just clicked purchase on their web site.now we will see how long it takes to come over the pond to usa.wake up ya canucks....lol
Congratulatin dj. I hope you enjoy them as much as i am enjoying mine. Please take some pics once you get them on so we can see how they look

Yes they do sound wonderful under a load wish there was a way to record it that way
Just a thought, have someone stand behind you with the digital camera on "record" and then drive away really fast.... That should get it under load.

Just ordered and installed Beowulf cans love the sound those remus are nice too take a look and let me know what you think the pictures are at the very bottom of the page and the link where you can hear how they sound is below

I am looking to replace the right side stock can on my 2007, are you willing to part with your old one?

here ya go

P1010014.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010011.jpg

Just wanted to put my .02USD in this thread... I recently purchased a set of the oval stainless Beowulf cans. They sound great and are a steal at their current price.

Just wanted to put my .02USD in this thread... I recently purchased a set of the oval stainless Beowulf cans. They sound great and are a steal at their current price.

Im glad you liked them. I am still enjoying mine especially the price and on top of that the lifetime warranty!!!! Post up some pics so we can see your masterpiece.

Wow....great looking and sounding pipes! I may be next!

Question: On the Gen II bikes the extension pipe for the exhaust on the left side has a small metal piece welded on to act as a bumper for the center stand. Does the Beowulf pipe accomodate that? If not, does the center stand hit it?

Also, is the baffle difficult to take out?

Thanks in advance, Joe

Wow....great looking and sounding pipes! I may be next!
Question: On the Gen II bikes the extension pipe for the exhaust on the left side has a small metal piece welded on to act as a bumper for the center stand. Does the Beowulf pipe accomodate that? If not, does the center stand hit it?

Also, is the baffle difficult to take out?

Thanks in advance, Joe

The center stand does not touch the pipe at all and the baffles has one screw that you loosen and take out less than a minute is all it takes

Thanks in advance, Joe

Yes, there's a centerstand stop on the Beowulf cans. And they do sound great with the baffles in, haven't tried them without yet.

I had a V-Strom 1000 with Leo Vince cans w/o baffles and that girl was L-O-U-D !!!

Do you feel the Beowulfs on the FJR give it a nice growl without excessive noise? Or would you consider the combo to be pretty loud? For me, after going from the pretty dang loud V-Strom/Leo Vince combo to the FJR with stock cans - the quietness is nice but I do miss the deep tone now and then.