Best Ride Tunes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adopted brother of mine and a biological brother play in a band around these parts called "The Fossils" and they play what is called "authentic hippie rock." They do quite a few dead covers and do them well. My favorite is "Eyes Of The World." In their last set they usually do a Dead medley in true Dead style, melding tunes together, morphing in and out and back and forth. Always a fine time.
Working on my prehistoric thread response rate...

"Eyes of the world" followed by the "Weather Report Suite" track on Wake of the Flood album may be the best 30 minutes ever laid in vinyl. Bob Weir really out dun hisself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have about 14 hours on my mp3 player.

Here are a few of my favorites on the bike.

Nickelback, Animal

Nickelback, S.E.X.

Buckcherry, Crazy Bitch

Nickelback, Something in your mouth.

Christina Aguilera, Candyman.

Christina Aguilera, Ain't No Other Man.

Something like this. It was good enough to inspire some of my forebears to grab their claymores and charge through a breech in a castle wall, and it makes it damn hard for me to keep from cranking my right wrist all the way down. Probably helps if you're a little bit Scottish.

Led Zeppelin- Physical Graffiti

Pink Floyd-Dark Side Of The Moon, The Wall, Wish You Were Here, UmmaGumma

Traffic- The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys

In the twisties, Tool.

Long straight boring shit - some sort of techno trance, when that get's old, clasic 80's new wave shit. For those of you in SoCal, the 80 version of KROQ. All satellite radio though. Hard to pick particular songs.