Bikes, Blues, and Barbecue

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in, have to ride up from the Fort that morning, but can haul ass on the slab, or take the more favorable 71 or 59 north. Will in all likely hood have the wife with me, so won't be flying too low. Does 9:00 AM work? give the suds time to settle from the night before?

I'll probably be up there Friday during the day to look at vendors, still looking for a seat solution. Probably stop by Georges for cold one during the day. Watch for old white hair guy with no tatoo's, FJR hat, and no Harley shit on....I should stand out...

I'm in, have to ride up from the Fort that morning, but can haul ass on the slab, or take the more favorable 71 or 59 north. Will in all likely hood have the wife with me, so won't be flying too low. Does 9:00 AM work? give the suds time to settle from the night before?
I'll probably be up there Friday during the day to look at vendors, still looking for a seat solution. Probably stop by Georges for cold one during the day. Watch for old white hair guy with no tatoo's, FJR hat, and no Harley shit on....I should stand out...
You might stand out from the Harley crowd.

However, you just described 85% of the FJR crowd. :p

You might stand out from the Harley crowd.

However, you just described 85% of the FJR crowd. :p
Im going to try and make it so I can meet some of you guys/gals. I had to move my trip to Ohio back a week due to the weather. Im leaving Friday the 19th and will head back the 24th or 25th. It will be a rush but I will give it a try. If I/we make it, black (the bike) with yellow lid/lids. Later, BC

I think we have found the meeting place but need to confirm the time. A suggestion of 9 AM was made and sounds good to me.

A route will be determined later. A leisure ride is good for me. A more complex or technical ride can be planned.

Will need to know those coming and the ride you are looking to ride.

More on this later.

As it appears now, I will be there on Thursday and Friday, with son Eric, whom some of you met at NAFO. We are not sure at this time about Saturday, as we will be commuting out of Fort Smith daily. The Thursday thing is because we will have a shorter line to stand-in, to get to ride the 2009 V-Max! If anyone is going to make it there early, please PM me a cell phone number, so we can have a brewski with you. Phil

[SIZE=12pt]Looks like I'll be there sometime Thursday afternoon. So I'll be lookin for you all at Georges place on those late afternoons/evenings. I'll call [/SIZE]

Anyone up to an informal ride on Friday?? We can meet at the same Denny's on HWY 540/US62....

Remember that Bill Eddy's Yamaha is on the corner of Weddington and HWY 540. Good place to go for those last minute tire changes. :rolleyes:

I really, really hate to say this cause you'll prolly throw me to the curb.

I'm going to have a couple friends with me. One on an HD and one on a BMW.

So we will get to experience both ends of the SNOOT spectrum at the same time for comparison.

Tomorrow is Friday so you'll have to hold off till then.

:****: :****: :****:

I really, really hate to say this cause you'll prolly throw me to the curb.
I'm going to have a couple friends with me. One on an HD and one on a BMW.

So we will get to experience both ends of the SNOOT spectrum at the same time for comparison.

Tomorrow is Friday so you'll have to hold off till then.

:****: :****: :****:
OK....I waited until Friday. First, will we need a chase vehicle for the Harley?? I can line that up for a small fee....just consider it INSURANCE. Second, do they have a service provider in NW AR for BMW...just in case. (You know we don't care) Leave it up to you to bring the riff-raft...... :lol: :lol:

See you guys next week.

Looks like I'll be able to hit this rally barring any chaos.

Is anyone riding up from the Dallas area I could tag along with? I'm flexible on dates/times.

=--hellcreep

Usually, we put the harleys in front so we can catch the parts, push start them, ect....as for question #2, Bentonville BMW is just to the north on 540.

Last edited by a moderator:
Myself, wife and approximately 10 others will be at this event this year.
I believe ARFJR might attend. I know he went last year.

Let's get together and ride Dixon Street as a group. I've seen a couple of FJR's in the past but no organized gathering.

Our group likes to hang out at George's Place.....Watch People and Have a Great Time!!!!........if you follow my drift.

Come and be with us.....it will be a good time.
Just so you know, Me and one of my beemer friends are going to show up. Be good to meet some of you guys.

Let's get together and ride Dixon Street as a group. I've seen a couple of FJR's in the past but no organized gathering.

Our group likes to hang out at George's Place.....Watch People and Have a Great Time!!!!........if you follow my drift.

Just so you know, Me and one of my beemer friends are going to show up. Be good to meet some of you guys.
Well I really wanted to meet everyone but my trip to Ohio has been pushed back again and I have to leave Friday the 26th. Mom's back in the hospital and need I say more, family first. I would still love to ride Arkansas again so if anyone's interested when the colors start to change get with me. You guys/gals have fun and be safe.

BC

Me thinks there's two threads going on this BBQ thang, but I'll be there on Friday. VTX probably tagging along, and maybe a H-D. (Don't worry about the H-D, we've come up with a magnet that we attach to the back end that it collects it's own parts now. Trying to sell the patent to H-D, but they don't want it as they can't sell more parts if you collect the ones that fall off. H-D does stand for Hundred Dollars).

Still not clear on Saturday yet, waiting on word from deer camp.

Phil, I have your cell from PM, will call you Thursday evening. If you're in the Fort that evening, we might have a beer at Papa's, best pizza in the state.

Will give you a call when me and my Beemer friend get in town Friday evening.