• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bill Mayer Saddle GROUP BUY

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregory

Great things are afoot
Reaction score
Just talked to Rocky at BMS, and so far we have 3 takers (myself included, shipping seats today) I need to get numbers so we can keep this going. I did ask about a fallback price, but the conversation kind of took a turn and I didn't get back to it, sorry all (Thanks WC, this is definitely a learning experience!) I would like to get emails or posts to the thread when you commit so we know where were at. I am calling Rocky Thursday with any updates I can give him, and will post what I find out. There have been a lot of great thing said about this saddle from owners, and I hope that we hit our nut. Like I said this is a first for Rocky, and I hope that he has reason to do it again if we give a good showing.

Greg.

https://www.billmayersaddles.com/october25homepage.html

OK,

Called Rocky at BMS today and he is willing to give a 20% discount for 20 seats and up. This will be the first time he has done this since taking over the company after his dad passed. Starting Monday, the 24th of March, we have two weeks to send in our orders with BMS. Download the order form from the website at the above link.

You do need to send in your stock seats pans, and they need a photo of you on the bike in your normal riding position. All the information they need is in the order form. If you have any questions the phone number is 1-800-242-7625. they claim a 3-4 day turnaround time and for you lucky Californians who are in the area, Rocky offers a ride in and get 'er done same day service.

Remember, we need 20 seats!

Thanks to everybody who orders, I hope that we get a high number of takers on this once in a lifetime deal from Rocky.

Tell them when you call that you are part of the FJR Group buy.

Also, Thanks to all who showed enough interest on the original post to get this thing off the ground. Thanks also go out to Hit the road Jack and Kaitsdad for posting photos and TwoWheeledNut for his endorsment.

Gregory

original post link https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=101613

Last edited by a moderator:
Office hours...7 am to 2 pm...

SPORT BIKES - call for pricing????

https://www.billmayersaddles.com/october25homepage.html
OK,

Called Rocky at BMS today and he is willing to give a 20% discount for 20 seats and up. This will be the first time he has done this since taking over the company after his dad passed. Starting Monday, the 24th of March, we have two weeks to send in our orders with BMS. Download the order form from the website at the above link.

You do need to send in your stock seats pans, and they need a photo of you on the bike in your normal riding position. All the information they need is in the order form. If you have any questions the phone number is 1-800-242-7625. they claim a 3-4 day turnaround time and for you lucky Californians who are in the area, Rocky offers a ride in and get 'er done same day service.

Remember, we need 20 seats!

Thanks to everybody who orders, I hope that we get a high number of takers on this once in a lifetime deal from Rocky.

Tell them when you call that you are part of the FJR Group buy.

Also, Thanks to all who showed enough interest on the original post to get this thing off the ground. Thanks also go out to Hit the road Jack and Kaitsdad for posting photos and TwoWheeledNut for his endorsment.

Gregory

original post link https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=101613
The BMS site has a caution against the vinyl basketweave since it allows the foam to get wet so I think I would go smooth vinyl.

The alternative is the leather. The BMS site says that leather would out last vinyl if cared for properly. What care is that? I am one to not care for things very well so: Leather costs $200 more and I would have to be conditioning it with saddle soap and conditioner? I doubt that I would do that. Do others with BMS seats have anything to say to convince me one way or the other on vinyl vs. leather?

Also, it sounds as if I send my seat, pictures, order form and money in. Then I wait to see if we got in 20 orders. If not, I have to send more money? Or cancel my order and be out $70 in shipping? Or, will we know we have 20 orders before I mail in my seat?

I had a leather russell seat and if I had to do again I would go with vinyl. with leather you need to condition it. make sure you don't get caught in the rain and or buy a rain cover, pain in the ass. Anyway that is my two cents. And you said cheaper and easier to care for.

Johndaub, I am not sure ont the particulars of hitting the 20 seat mark and paying. I will call Rocky to see what he says. I will call him every few days to see how things are going and keep the thread informed. I just want to add that I thought that the Russell offer was good till 08. I called and it is not. Russel informed me that they will not be doing a group buy till probably next November, so as far as upgrading your seat, this might be it for a while. This is a first for BMS and I don't think that it will be repeated.

Greg.

Of course... I wait a year to get one and as mine is being shipped back there is a group buy

GGGRRRRR

I'm a definate maybe.

I tried a DIY modification with unsatisfactory results. I'll have to call BMS to find out if there's an extra charge to undo what I've done.

The Rocky Mayer seat was was one of the first, and only farkles on my bike. I got the basketweave vinyl since it never rains in sunny CA and I rarely wash my bike. So far, the covering hasn't given me any problem, even when riding in serious rain.

The quality of the work is first class. Rocky supervises the seat build in person. I did a ride in, and enjoyed half a day at his place in Ojai. On the way home, I was disappointed with the seat but exactly as I was told, it took a while to break in and is now an all-day touring seat.

To any buyer who is on the fence about this deal, I suggest you go for it.

Jill

Gregory, it would be a good idea if you could post the current number of seat orders that Rocky has obtained thus far, and periodically update that figure as it changes.

What happens if only a dozen or so seat orders are taken? Did you negotiate a "fallback price" (percentage off retail) if only 10-15 seats are ordered?

I'm in, if the discount is granted, for a Solo in vinyl, with the pillion recovered as well. I guess I would rather see whether or not 20 will be hit, before sending in an actual order. Is that being a PITA?

I'm in, if the discount is granted, for a Solo in vinyl, with the pillion recovered as well. I guess I would rather see whether or not 20 will be hit, before sending in an actual order. Is that being a PITA?
I'm in, if the discount is granted, for a Dual in vinyl. I never have a pillion with me but the extra cost over recovering the pillion seat to doing it totally is actually very small. I will do this for the sake of any future pillions which may ride this bike. I plan to take pictures next weekend for the order form.

Please post if you are in so that we can get a better count on this Group Buy so that we know for sure.

Is there any plans for people to make a committment which can be cancelled if we do not reach 20?

I think this is a great deal fantastic price the only thing thats stopping me is I can't do a ridein and just don't see how "anyone" can build a seat for you without you being there.

Maybe I'm just being anal :dribble: but marking a seat and pictures compared to being there. But anything has to be a improvement on the stock junk :angry2:

Cary

Just talked to Rocky at BMS, and so far we have 3 takers (myself included, shipping seats today) I need to get numbers so we can keep this going. I did ask about a fallback price, but the conversation kind of took a turn and I didn't get back to it, sorry all (Thanks WC, this is definitely a learning experience!) I would like to get emails or posts to the thread when you commit so we know where were at. I am calling Rocky Thursday with any updates I can give him, and will post what I find out. There have been a lot of great thing said about this saddle from owners, and I hope that we hit our nut. Like I said this is a first for Rocky, and I hope that he has reason to do it again if we give a good showing.

Greg.

i just called them 5 minutes ago, And there seems to be a little confusion between Rocky and his employee's. She will call me back later with the discount.

before discount, It's $399 for the solo, And $469 for both

I think we need a CONFIRMATION list started also, So we know who is in.

I am in. :)

1. Adam

EDIT!!!

She (Susan) only has 5 people signed up!!!!

Get on it people!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.