• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bill Mayer Saddle GROUP BUY

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!

Was out of town for a funeral for my SO'S cousin who was KIA in Iraq on 4/7/08. So I was off the Fourm for a few days and it looks like this thing has really grown from when I was last in touch with Rocky. I am really happy that everybody is so happy with thier new seats and is giving such great reviews. I am stoked that Rocky has had such a great response from the forum for his first group buy/discount and I hope that he will do this again as he truly has a great product to offer and his customer service simply cannot be beat. Thanks for kind words about setting this up, it has been a real pleasure and a great way to get to know some of you folks just a bit better (hope to meet some of you guys out on the road sometime)

Old Michael- I will be more then happy to take that $120 off your hands if you can't find a good use for it!

Gregory

WOW!
Was out of town for a funeral for my SO'S cousin who was KIA in Iraq on 4/7/08. So I was off the Fourm for a few days and it looks like this thing has really grown from when I was last in touch with Rocky. I am really happy that everybody is so happy with thier new seats and is giving such great reviews. I am stoked that Rocky has had such a great response from the forum for his first group buy/discount and I hope that he will do this again as he truly has a great product to offer and his customer service simply cannot be beat. Thanks for kind words about setting this up, it has been a real pleasure and a great way to get to know some of you folks just a bit better (hope to meet some of you guys out on the road sometime)

Old Michael- I will be more then happy to take that $120 off your hands if you can't find a good use for it!

Gregory
Ummm, have you seen what he's been doing with his hands? :unsure:

Is it too late to get in on the group buy???

Just talked to Rocky at BMS, and so far we have 3 takers (myself included, shipping seats today) I need to get numbers so we can keep this going. I did ask about a fallback price, but the conversation kind of took a turn and I didn't get back to it, sorry all (Thanks WC, this is definitely a learning experience!) I would like to get emails or posts to the thread when you commit so we know where were at. I am calling Rocky Thursday with any updates I can give him, and will post what I find out. There have been a lot of great thing said about this saddle from owners, and I hope that we hit our nut. Like I said this is a first for Rocky, and I hope that he has reason to do it again if we give a good showing.
Greg.

https://www.billmayersaddles.com/october25homepage.html

OK,

Called Rocky at BMS today and he is willing to give a 20% discount for 20 seats and up. This will be the first time he has done this since taking over the company after his dad passed. Starting Monday, the 24th of March, we have two weeks to send in our orders with BMS. Download the order form from the website at the above link.

You do need to send in your stock seats pans, and they need a photo of you on the bike in your normal riding position. All the information they need is in the order form. If you have any questions the phone number is 1-800-242-7625. they claim a 3-4 day turnaround time and for you lucky Californians who are in the area, Rocky offers a ride in and get 'er done same day service.

Remember, we need 20 seats!

Thanks to everybody who orders, I hope that we get a high number of takers on this once in a lifetime deal from Rocky.

Tell them when you call that you are part of the FJR Group buy.

Also, Thanks to all who showed enough interest on the original post to get this thing off the ground. Thanks also go out to Hit the road Jack and Kaitsdad for posting photos and TwoWheeledNut for his endorsment.

Gregory

original post link https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=101613

Just talked to Rocky at BMS, and so far we have 3 takers (myself included, shipping seats today) I need to get numbers so we can keep this going. I did ask about a fallback price, but the conversation kind of took a turn and I didn't get back to it, sorry all (Thanks WC, this is definitely a learning experience!) I would like to get emails or posts to the thread when you commit so we know where were at. I am calling Rocky Thursday with any updates I can give him, and will post what I find out. There have been a lot of great thing said about this saddle from owners, and I hope that we hit our nut. Like I said this is a first for Rocky, and I hope that he has reason to do it again if we give a good showing.
Greg.

OK,

Called Rocky at BMS today and he is willing to give a 20% discount for 20 seats and up. This will be the first time he has done this since taking over the company after his dad passed. Starting Monday, the 24th of March, we have two weeks to send in our orders with BMS. Download the order form from the website at the above link.

You do need to send in your stock seats pans, and they need a photo of you on the bike in your normal riding position. All the information they need is in the order form. If you have any questions the phone number is 1-800-242-7625. they claim a 3-4 day turnaround time and for you lucky Californians who are in the area, Rocky offers a ride in and get 'er done same day service.

Thanks to everybody who orders, I hope that we get a high number of takers on this once in a lifetime deal from Rocky.

Also, Thanks to all who showed enough interest on the original post to get this thing off the ground. Thanks also go out to Hit the road Jack and Kaitsdad for posting photos and TwoWheeledNut for his endorsment.

Gregory

I would say yes... But it still wont hurt to call and ask!

Sidenote: Are you going to the laughlin River Run? If so, I'll see ya there! :)

My build date was 4/14 and I live 3000 miles from Rocky. I was shocked to get my seat today, 4/21, so they must have turned it around in one day. I picked up a new stock seat while waiting so was able to compare it with my Bill Mayer seat. Both the rider and passenger seats are noticeably wider so they should provide much more support than the narrow stockers. Tomorrow I will test out the new seat! I got the plain vinyl since I am not into any maintenance. Do not ask for pictures since I never could figure out how to post them here.

Thanks for organizing this group buy! :yahoo:

I received my seat on Tuesday and went for a 500 mile jaunt yesterday with the nice weather. Stopped in WI for dinner and drinks with my brother and a nice ride with him and then headed home. Normally for me a 60 mile ride to work brings on the butt pain. With the new seat this is no longer the case. No soreness at all except for my upper back which always get bad. Great looking, supportive seat. I was on my tip toes with the stock seat and there doesn't appear to be any change in height. Overall great experience and I would highly reccomend this seat to anyone.

Greg.

OK,

Gregory

I would say yes... But it still wont hurt to call and ask!

Sidenote: Are you going to the laughlin River Run? If so, I'll see ya there! :)

Called Tuesday and made my appointment for a ride-in at the group buy price.

And yes, we will be at the Laughlin Run all day Saturday.

Russ

I have the alarm set for 3:30am tomorrow morning so we can wake up and rde in with the wife without going through LA traffic riding 2-up. We are taking some Netflix movies and the computer to catch up on some movies while we are waiting to have our seats made. Afterwards we are going to drive up the coast until we get tired and find a place to stay on the ocean. Maybe we will keep heading north and stay in San Francisco and then come back Sunday afternoon. Life is good. I will give you my ass update with some photos of the install while it is being done tomorrow. I will have my camera and my laptop so we can do this in real time...

2006, Sounds like a great way to break in your new seats. Ride safe and thanks for the real time updates!

Greg

I arrived in Golden Valley last night and met up with a friend, And then headed into Laughlin.

I can say this... My ass is SCREAMING for a new seat! I changed my Ride-In to monday morning!

@KingmanCouple,

I will be on the blue 2005 that will be bagless and has AUX lighting

Say hello if you see me!

Adam

We both decided we would pay Bill Mayer a visit and have one of his world famous seats put on the bike. To get there by 7am we had to pack and hit the road by 4am to be safe. Here is the wife packing that morning making sure I don't forget anything. Notice the cat on the bed wondering what is going on.

She likes to pack the bike too? Pretty cool....

We just arrived and they told us to pull up took off the seats and started working.

Here is a shot of their location and what you see when you pull in. After we arrived we were greated with coffee, donuts and bagels with cream cheese. I'm getting the feeling the customer comes first.

After you have some coffee in you they have you fill out the paperwork making sure you get the seat the way you want it. Are you height challenged, are you fat. where does it hurt what is it you want... Ect...

Here are some of the employees that are working on the seats under Bill's supervision.

Here they are fitting me for the seat prior to my test ride up Highway 33 to see if there are any major issues or things that need to be worked on prior to them covering the seat in leather. I opted to go with heated seats for both front and rear so this will be done last.

Here is a shot of Rocky working my seat and giving it his personal attention. I was very impressed with him and his family as well as the work they have done so far.

I returned from my test ride on the seat only to come back to pizza and freshly cut watermelon. This is Rocky's wife Laura. She was a sweat heart and wanted to make sure everyone's needs were met. On a side note they take in stray dogs and nurse them back to health. While we were there, their dog Pety was having trouble breathing so Rocky rushed him off to the vet for tests.

Here is a shot of Rocky talking to another customer about his options.

I get the feeling I am not the first big guy's bike they have worked on. Here they are pulling the leather over the seat and putting the finishing touches on the seat. All of their leather is actually glued to the foam so it does not move around.

I know I am jumping out of order but I wanted you to see the new large Motofizz bag I just got for the rear seat. I was able to fix the Yamaha top case, the large Motofizz bag and my large ass on the seat. Rocky moved my seat back an inch or so to give me more room.

One of the nice things about taking my wife up to have a seat made was all of the great riding and places to stay. We decided to stay in Solvang last night. We woke up and were searved breakfast before we went looking for some back roads to ride. We wanted to go wine tasting but I did not think it was a good idea while riding a bike. Also the weather hit 100 degrees on the way home and it would have made a bad situation worse. The wife was very happy with the room.

We stopped on the way back to stretch our legs and thought we would test out the timer on our new camera.

These are the highest gas prices I have seen to date and thought I would share.

Overall, I am very happy with the whole experience of getting my seat done at Bill Mayer. I enjoyed the ride there. I enjoyed the staff and their hospitality. I really liked the seat and how much better it feels. I enjoyed the little mini vacation we were able to take and I enjoyed meeting new friends along the way.

Nice pix. Brings back memories of a wonderful day spend with Rocky and crew. Andy and I rode up the night before, so as not to have to tackle LA traffic early in the morning. Like you, we were warmly welcomed with coffee and snacks.

There was a little miscommunication, when the team asked Andy to sit on the FJR, and we wondered why? but it was soon clarified that this was MY bike, and I sat on it.

While the guys were building my seat, we relaxed in the beautiful January sunshine, petted the dogs and read from the comprehensive library of motorcycle magazines. Rocky brought tamales from a local place, for everyone for lunch

I can't honestly say that I was impressed with the seat on the way home. The roads in the area are way cool but my butt was still sore from riding there on the stock seat. Just as I was told, the new seat took around 1000 miles to get comfy.

As everyone else has said, this is one quality operation. Other companies could learn a lot about customer service here.

Jill

Thanks for the great write and photos of your build. Sounds like you and the wife had a great mini vacation.

The Mrs and I finally got to spend a few hours on the new saddle that came back from Bill Mayer a couple weeks ago. No news, same great product and service that everyone else has reported, just a big thanks to Gregory and the forum from both our behinds. THANKS

Just returned from BMS and completing Streetmasters class. No pictures and as said before customer service was great. Ergonomics of seat are yet to be completely evaluated. However, due to "narrowing" and/or lowering of seat I am able to flat foot the bike with both feet!!

As a final comment, I believe I was told that 44 people took advantage of the group buy, Rocky and BMS were pleased!

Good job Greg!

LC

At first, I didnt think the seat would "give" any. I rode in from Missouri, And my ass was hurting when they were sizing and fitting me with the seat.

I am pleased to say, That after 2500 miles with the new BMS, I am almost ready to tackle the Saddle Soar!

The longest stretches i rode were from Gilbert,AZ after meeting with Vectorvp1 (Art), to Roswell,NM 600 miles. Then Roswell to Springfield,MO. 760 miles.

Another 300 would have been easy enough, And i think i can do it!

Great job Rocky and BMS Crew!

Adam

I've received my seat back in the mail but not having a bike anymore kinda confuses things. My question is for those that got matched pillion seats. I got the basket weave vinyl with matching pillion but the pillion was not basket weave? Anybody else? Its not a big deal and I kinda like the look but I was expecting dual basket weave.

I can answer that one...

Rocky told me that they can only do the basketweave pillion if they build the seat, Just covering will be plain vinyl.

This was a big decision since i was tossing the ideas around, And ended up with solid vinyl front and rear. Looks GOOD, IMO

BillMayerSeatBuild4282008022.jpg

BillMayerSeatBuild4282008021.jpg

I've received my seat back in the mail but not having a bike anymore kinda confuses things. My question is for those that got matched pillion seats. I got the basket weave vinyl with matching pillion but the pillion was not basket weave? Anybody else? Its not a big deal and I kinda like the look but I was expecting dual basket weave.
That is exactly what I was thinking, and I called BMS right after getting my seat back. After hassling Suzy about not getting any of that free pizza that all the ride-in folks evidently got, I relayed my confusion on the pillion covering. She said she would check into it, and 5 minutes later, Rocky called. He told me the same thing that Galaxyblue mentioned, that they only do basketweave on the pillion if they are building the seat up. The reason for this is that, (and I am paraphrasing), if they are simply covering the stock pillion base, there are not any good break points in the base where they would be able to have the seam between the basketweave seat portion, and the vinyl sides. He stated that he had done one of these, at the customer's insistence, and in his opinion, it did not look good/right. I put the seats on my bike, and I have to agree with him.

I'm happy with my seat and the service. I guess I would suggest to Rocky that it be mentioned somewhere on the website/order form that stock pillion recoverings will be vinyl, not basketweave, but what the hell do I know? He obviously knows the business! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.