• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bill Mayer Saddle GROUP BUY

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was to be done Thursday but since I have dual heat they want to be sure of the switch placement and the ridein that day was a 05..sooooo whoever has a 06 up bike and is going in for a seat next week will provide the bike for them to test fit and check for switch clearance...I thank you in advance!

cary

Spoke with Rocky yesterday, and we agreed that this was a great experience all around. As far as I can tell everybody came out happy. I want to again thank Rocky for the support of the FJR community and the group for showing such strong and enthusiastic support for BMS products. The ride in reports and photos were outstanding and the testamonials from previous buyers was great. Three cheers :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: for Rocky and Susan and the gang at BMS for providing customer service that is definatly above and beyond anything I have experienced in a very long time. Never once did I feel that I was just some dude in another state calling in.
This was a first for me and was made to be a very enjoyable experience by everybody that I dealt with. So, once again, I just want to thank everybody for participating,

Happy, safe and COMFORTABLE riding eveybody

See ya in Oregon at the Hell's Canyon Rally or in Tombstone for SW-FOG,

Gregory.

Congrats to all the new seat owners, and t you Gregory for organizing a very successful GB.

One thing worth noting here is that I participated in the Russell GB earlier this winter. In that one there was a fair number of Mail-in orders where guys got their seats back and were dismayed at how much higher they sat, or that they had trouble reaching the ground on their new seats. I think most have sent them back for rework and eventually will be satisfied.

But, I've not heard a single complaint from anyone who participated here. That's saying something.

Perhaps the Mayer seats have less of an increase in saddle height, or maybe there is less of a change in being able to reach the ground since the "wings" are less pronounced. Either way, this may be worth tabulating for the future, for those that are short stature considering a custom seat.

Spoke with Rocky yesterday, and we agreed that this was a great experience all around. As far as I can tell everybody came out happy. I want to again thank Rocky for the support of the FJR community and the group for showing
SNIP

Happy, safe and COMFORTABLE riding eveybody

See ya in Oregon at the Hell's Canyon Rally or in Tombstone for SW-FOG,

Gregory.

Congrats to all the new seat owners, and t you Gregory for organizing a very successful GB.

One thing worth noting here is that I participated in the Russell GB earlier this winter. In that one there was a fair number of Mail-in orders where guys got their seats back and were dismayed at how much higher they sat, or that they had trouble reaching the ground on their new seats. I think most have sent them back for rework and eventually will be satisfied.

But, I've not heard a single complaint from anyone who participated here. That's saying something.

Perhaps the Mayer seats have less of an increase in saddle height, or maybe there is less of a change in being able to reach the ground since the "wings" are less pronounced. Either way, this may be worth tabulating for the future, for those that are short stature considering a custom seat.
I haven't had my "ride-in" yet, but am scheduled for 05/02/08. The first question I asked was can you lower the ride height? I will incicate my desire to "narrow the front if possible when I get there. I think, from all indications, they will do it if anyone can. I am greatly looking forward to the experience of meeting the BMS team and of the final results!!

LC

I haven't had my "ride-in" yet, but am scheduled for 05/02/08. The first question I asked was can you lower the ride height? I will incicate my desire to "narrow the front if possible when I get there. I think, from all indications, they will do it if anyone can. I am greatly looking forward to the experience of meeting the BMS team and of the final results!!
LC
"An-ticipay-ay-shun.....its making me wait...."

being somewhat vertically challenged myself ( I ain't overweight, I'm just under tall) I was worried about this very same thing. I made no mention of seat height on my order form and much to my surprise and delight, the seat is not only custom fit, softer with more support, I actually feel about a 1/4 inch or so CLOSER to the ground. best of all worlds!

I can't say enough about Rocky and his crew. The product they put out is in my view (and several others here) simply the best, with a fantastic turnaround time, (and ride in service for those lucky enough to be close by) customer service that cannot be matched by very many.

Please let us know how your BMS works out for you.

Gregory

Last edited by a moderator:
I mentioned the same thing about ride height on my order. I have a 32" inseam, and touching the ground is not a challenge, but I never really liked the width of the stocker in front. I have beefy thighs, (now that's a look, huh?), so I wanted it a bit narrower in the front. We'll see how it turns out.

<SNIP> I actually feel about a 1/4 inch or so CLOSER to the ground. best of all worlds!
I can't say enough about Rocky and his crew. The product they put out is in my view (and several others here) simply the best, with a fantastic turnaround time, (and ride in service for those lucky enough to be close by) customer service that cannot be matched by very many.
+1...

I think my seat is actually a touch TALLER than the stocker... but my footing is BETTER and feels lower because of the cutouts in the front. I think you will be happy with it.

and +1 on the crew being top-notch!

Duff, you may very well be correct. I know that I am closer to flat footing it with my new seat and my comfort level is way up.

I am riding in next Friday 4-25 to be fitted. Thanks for setting this up and I can't wait. I have a 2500 mile ride a week later and should have plenty to say about my new seat. Thanks again guys!

I am riding in next Friday 4-25 to be fitted. Thanks for setting this up and I can't wait. I have a 2500 mile ride a week later and should have plenty to say about my new seat. Thanks again guys!
I will be riding in also!

We need to coordinate things! :)

Adam

Mine is on the brown truck, coming home, with delivery set for Monday.... <_<

Hey Folks!

I did a ride-in from Barstow yesterday and got my seat done; all I can say is; do it, you won't be disappointed! :yahoo:

When I got there They already had the seat stripped off of a R1200GSA and another FJR and that guy knew who I was! :huh: turns out that it was Old Michael from the forum; he introduced himself and we stood around and B.S.'d while our seats were getting done. A little later Rocky showed up and introduced himself to everyone and asked how things were going, and about everyone's bikes, showed us some pictures from his trips and generally made sure everyone was happy with the experience of getting a new saddle. He pointed out that mine was getting one of the new evolution cores because, I'm, (ahem), larger than average(fat) and explained the difference in the shape and the density of the foam, etc. Rocky is a great guy and really seems to love what he does; as does everyone in the shop!

When it came time for my test ride of the uncovered seat, I guess I was gone for longer than usual; but I was having a really good time on hwy. 33.(they told me go for 10 minutes, i was gone about 30, I think) Hit The Road Jack showed up right before I took off on my test ride. When I got back the three of us told lies, err, I mean stories and waited for the new saddles to get covered. About 11:30; Susan came back with pizza for everyone (Rocky's treat; Thank You) so we had a little lunch. Soon afterward Old Michael, and Hit The Road Jack took off up hwy 33. About 45 minutes later mine was ready for the ride home!

I snapped a quick picture with my phone and hit the road as I had to fight Friday afternoon traffic on the 14 to get home. The new saddle will have to break in a bit, but the stock seat does not even begin to compare! All in all; it was a very good experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

As soon as I am able to get the picture off my phone and to a hosting sight I will post them. Right now; I gotta go get that saddle broken in!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

When it came time for my test ride of the uncovered seat, I guess I was gone for longer than usual; but I was having a really good time on hwy. 33.(they told me go for 10 minutes, i was gone about 30, I think)
Johnny, glad to hear you had a good time on 33. Half an hour for a test ride... easy to do! I wasn't quite that long, just a couple miles past the tunnels. On a road like that it's hard to remember the task at hand - evaluating the seat. Hope you rode 33 the rest of the way on your way home!

Pictures would be great.

Once again, thanks Gregory for organizing this group buy, I'm still smiling about my seat.

Brodie

Adam
They told me there would be another FJR in that morning and I guess it will be you. I will be riding up with Emily my wife and we are thinking about booking a room and riding back on Saturday. I will be there at around 7ish. To get there on time we will need to be on the road around 4am to be safe. Will you be there in the morning?

Mine is on the brown truck, coming home, with delivery set for Monday.... <_<
Mine showed up last Thurs., took the bike for a quick spin around the block (50mi.), seemed pretty comfy but really hard to tell from just a short ride.

Finally got to go for a longer ride today, 280 pain free miles. :yahoo: The literature that comes with the seat says it takes 1000-1500 miles to break in so I'm assuming it will only get better.

Definately money well spent.

Thanks to Gregory for setting this up.

Adam
They told me there would be another FJR in that morning and I guess it will be you. I will be riding up with Emily my wife and we are thinking about booking a room and riding back on Saturday. I will be there at around 7ish. To get there on time we will need to be on the road around 4am to be safe. Will you be there in the morning?
Yes. I will be there in the AM.

I am not sure of the accommodations up that way, But i will be staying somewhere close to ojai so i can get an early start.

I am leaving Missouri Wednesday AM, And riding it hard out there. I will be somewhat blasted when i arrive! :unsure:

Adam
Yes. I will be there in the AM.

I am not sure of the accommodations up that way, But i will be staying somewhere close to ojai so i can get an early start.

I am leaving Missouri Wednesday AM, And riding it hard out there. I will be somewhat blasted when i arrive! :unsure:
Well just make sure you have time for a few beers at lunch.... That is going to be a long ride. I am going to book a room on priceline.com because most of the rooms you will find out this way are pretty expensive.

I stayed at Best Western in Oxnard. $65. Seemed pretty decent. Everything in Ojai just seemed too much.

First, I'd like to thank gregory for doing the work involved in setting up this group buy. As I look at my invoice,

I see that his efforts saved me just under $120! Multiply that by the number of participants

(when I was there on 4/18 Rocky said that he'd be giving the discount to about 60 folks thanks to the FJR group buy),

and that's one helluva job brother. Thanks again.

Rocky also was eager to note that he'd NEVER before offered ANY sort of

discount on his product. Howzat for you!?

Got the leather. Here's some more pics.

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

It feels VERY firm, and VERY different compared to the stock seat. After the ride home

from Ojai, my butt still hurt a bit, but not like it

used to after a 400+ mile day. Hard to describe, but I'll need to give it some more

miles and hours before I pass judgement.

The stitching and overall quality appears to be exceptional.

And again, the folks at the shop were great. I'll add some comments on

that here shortly.

My leather, heated seat was completed 4-18. The original build date was 4-7, but they delayed finishing it until 4-18 because they weren't sure they could install the switch in the seat itself. Since mine was a mail-in, they waited until 4-18 because there were several drive-ins that day, and they could check how the switch would fit. Susan told me that everything was perfect, and it was shipped out Friday...cannot wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.