Billings motorcyclist topping 130 mph avoids arrest in high-speed chase

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am often asked, why I don't join the group rides of local motorcycle clubs out here. My answer is invariably - "I don't do stupid!" and I have seen enough stupid on these group rides.

Ride with those you know and trust, joining group cluster-fucks with people you don't know or trust - and one of them usually turns out to be an idiot like this rider taunting LE here. I hope they catch him, and administer a sound beating read him his Miranda rights.

Last edited by a moderator:
What one officer cant do today, many & a radio will accomplish tomorrow. To run once is one thing but to provoke is another. Common sense is just not very common anymore!
Yup. Per John Prine, "It don't make much sense that common sense don't make no sense no more".

I lost my license once about 40 years ago for doing 85 in a 55 on an XS 650. The trooper didn't need any more help than what was provided by the bike's rear view mirrors , which vibrated so badly didn't see him chasing me. I heard no siren and saw no blue lights. When I pulled into the bike shop I noticed the other mechanics were laughing at me and pointing. The officer pulled in right behind me.

But there is no excuse for riding recklessly.

I reserve a lot of respect for our LE, but they're often the ones flying past me doing 40 over the speed limit. Having said that, hope that catch the bugger before he hurts himself or others.

Really Fred? 125mph doesn't seem fast to you? How about 130, or 140? Lemme see...if you're going the speed limit, which may be 70 or 75 around there, and that motorcycle hits you square in the rear, and your grandkids are in the back seat, I want to hear you repeat, "Well, it's ok, he was only going 125."

I'm hoping him and a bridge piling become very close friends, before he hurts some innocent person driving home from work.

Really Fred? 125mph doesn't seem fast to you? How about 130, or 140? Lemme see...if you're going the speed limit, which may be 70 or 75 around there, and that motorcycle hits you square in the rear, and your grandkids are in the back seat, I want to hear you repeat, "Well, it's ok, he was only going 125."
I'm hoping him and a bridge piling become very close friends, before he hurts some innocent person driving home from work.

Dude! Yer killing me smalls!

If I didn't know you personally I would think you were one Class A Muthafuka after that post.

125mph? Pffft!

Generally, the great thing about being an asshat on a motorcycle is you only take yourself (and possibly your poor passenger) out of the gene pool.

And the your mythical grandkids could get taken out stopped at a red light by somebody going the speed limit and simply not stopping. So there! As you are fully aware there is a lot more to being an asshat in control of a motor vehicle than simply speed.

It's Montana for crying out loud!

I say this only with the utmost of affection: Go take a chill pill jackass!

Really Fred? 125mph doesn't seem fast to you? How about 130, or 140?
Didn't say it wasn't fast, and is obviously ticket worthy. The article was making out like the speed was unbelievably egregious, like nobody ever does that in the wide open spaces of Montana.

Lemme see...if you're going the speed limit, which may be 70 or 75 around there, and that motorcycle hits you square in the rear, and your grandkids are in the back seat, I want to hear you repeat, "Well, it's ok, he was only going 125."
In your example above, the closing speed would be 40 mph. In Montana on some interstate highways the speed limit is higher than 75 mph. Closing speed for those grandkids with a buffalo on the side of the road would be > 75 mph. Which is more dangerous?

I get that the guy is a miscreant, and we wouldn't want any innocent bystanders to be hurt. My point was only that the speeding part, which was being emphasized in the press, doesn't seem like such a big crime.

Um Fred...125-75 = 50, not 40.

Granted, some clown, out all by himself doing 125 isn't CRAZY, but, these guys don't usually try to run out in the middle of nowhere. They're too stupid to find their way more than a couple miles from population, so the chances of lots of people being around is high.

It's not so much that he's going 50 over, it's that people driving along, chancing lanes and making their daily drive are not expecting a guy coming up behind them at 50 over. That's fucking fast for a freeway.

Oh, and Skooter... :****: Haha...Kisses!

First of all, you guys have a bridge named "Dick Johnson Bridge?" Seriously?

If I didn't know you personally I would think you were one Class A Muthafuka after that post.
I'm confused, are you saying because you know him, you no longer think it?
biggrin.png

We will have to conduct a little GPS recon at NAFO and review the top speed recorded by participants GPS units that have said feature to identify the miscreants.

We will have to conduct a little GPS recon at NAFO and review the top speed recorded by participants GPS units that have said feature to identify the miscreants.
The winner will be anyone who flew.....
Honestly, I can tell you right now that I don't ride that fast. It's an error produced by the GPS reception moving from one satellite to another.
innocent.gif

JSNS

He's probably just a stupid kid doing stupid kid stuff....I, of course, have never done something stupid like drives/ride excessively over the speed limit...(I don't think Hooterville counts)

Jeessss, should we wish death on him for being stupid... Nobody was hurt, right?