Motorcyclist with illegal drugs and weapons caught after 151 mph chase

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know how hard it is to keep the dew rag on or see with your chaps trying to wrap around your ears at that speed?

Good thing the cop was able to get in front of him. Harleys have terrible brakes and he probably needed help to stop.

WOW, Ford tops the list. I expected it to be the charger.
Dave
It was number 3, the Chevrolet Caprice 6.0L RWD at 155mph that topped the list. The CHP used to run those sneaky little Mustang Interceptors that were devilishly hard to spot and were rumored to top out around 150 but I never saw verification. There were a couple of them that regularly showed up between Paso Robles and King City that really caused the cruising speeds to drop back down closer to the limit instead of 75 to 80 that a lot of the Mercedes and BMW's used.

Its hard to out run them unless you know the road. Not worth it anyway. Felony now .Jail time eluding.

I've been moving 20+ on a pack of cars and find a cop in the middle just waiting for someone to pass hard to spot.

Harley sales down.
help.gif
Diehards will continue.

Pffft Zilla on his bicycle can easily do 150.... meters an hour..

....after a few beers after shift is over..

A naturally aspirated Ford Explorer with the 300bhp V6 is capable of 133mph.

The Chevy Impala Police version will run about 145

EcoBoost Ford Explorer is good for 135, but gets there very fast.

Ford Taurus AWD EcoBoost runs about 154

The Chevy Caprice is a solid 155mph car, but is rare because it's built in Australia and most LE car contracts designate an American made car.

The new AWD Dodge Charger is good for about 153. That car is fuckin' fast. A POS, but fast. If the brakes don't melt.

Wouldn't surprise me if they actually hit 151. I stopped chasing a bike a few years ago, when I caught him at 140, and he down shifted. He easily broke 150, riding a stolen BMW with a rattle can paint job. My Impala was tapped out and it wasn't worth dying over. The bike was recognizable, and we got him the next week anyway.

As far as those old Mustangs, back in the 90's, they were pieces of shit. I had a 94 5.0 LX model. At about 110, it was so light in the front that it scared the crap out of me. That was about all it had anyway. They had way more show than go. The 2000 era Camaros were stupid fast, and the later Mustang Mach-1 cars were good for about 130.

We have a couple chargers left, but have shifted to almost all EcoBoost Explorers. They're plenty fast, have tons of room, and handle very well.

Most departments will not allow spike strips to be used on 2 and 3 wheel vehicles. Mine allows it, only for Deadly Force situations. I've never even heard of one being used on a bike; although, I have both seen a bike being pitted, and pitted one myself. Once a rider starts pointing a gun, all bets are off, and a front bumper to a rear wheel ends shit quick. They're never going super fast, because most people are right handed, so can't run the throttle and a pistol at the same time.

I have an old friend whose son was in law enforcement. Yes, there are LEO cars that will top 150 mph. Good thing none of us FJR pilots ever speed.......
rolleyes.gif

Where did it say the bike did 150? The LEO did, to pass the bike, but nothing was said about the bike's speed except the initial 90, and then 119. All this "what kind of bike was it" since it did 150 is using the wrong information for speculation. :)

A naturally aspirated Ford Explorer with the 300bhp V6 is capable of 133mph.
The Chevy Impala Police version will run about 145

EcoBoost Ford Explorer is good for 135, but gets there very fast.

Ford Taurus AWD EcoBoost runs about 154

The Chevy Caprice is a solid 155mph car, but is rare because it's built in Australia and most LE car contracts designate an American made car.

The new AWD Dodge Charger is good for about 153. That car is fuckin' fast. A POS, but fast. If the brakes don't melt.

Wouldn't surprise me if they actually hit 151. I stopped chasing a bike a few years ago, when I caught him at 140, and he down shifted. He easily broke 150, riding a stolen BMW with a rattle can paint job. My Impala was tapped out and it wasn't worth dying over. The bike was recognizable, and we got him the next week anyway.

As far as those old Mustangs, back in the 90's, they were pieces of shit. I had a 94 5.0 LX model. At about 110, it was so light in the front that it scared the crap out of me. That was about all it had anyway. They had way more show than go. The 2000 era Camaros were stupid fast, and the later Mustang Mach-1 cars were good for about 130.

We have a couple chargers left, but have shifted to almost all EcoBoost Explorers. They're plenty fast, have tons of room, and handle very well.

Most departments will not allow spike strips to be used on 2 and 3 wheel vehicles. Mine allows it, only for Deadly Force situations. I've never even heard of one being used on a bike; although, I have both seen a bike being pitted, and pitted one myself. Once a rider starts pointing a gun, all bets are off, and a front bumper to a rear wheel ends shit quick. They're never going super fast, because most people are right handed, so can't run the throttle and a pistol at the same time.

I didn't know what "pitting a motorcycle" meant so I googled it. Apparently, it is putting a motorcycle in a "pit" and causing them to crash. I found this YouTube video. The "pitting" is at the very end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XsqAYw4-oc&vl=en

Pit=P.I.T=Pursuit Intervention Technique:

It does not generally result in putting a vehicle in a pit/ditch, although it happens. That specific video you showed is absolutely a use of deadly force. However, that guy was running red lights at 90-105 mph. He should have expected that to happen. Touching a bike in the rear always turns out way worse than doing the same to a car.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have that same engine in my 2014 F150 with a 6 speed automatic. 365 hp and 420 lb.-ft. of torque! It has the towing (and cargo) capacity rating of the largest V8 (6.2L) but gets ~18-19 real life mpg instead of ~12-13. The magic of turbocharging.

Fred W posted: <snip> The magic of turbocharging.
Ahem, (wink, wink), yeah ... fuel economy. THAT'S the magic of turbocharging. Uh huh. Sure.