Billings motorcyclist topping 130 mph avoids arrest in high-speed chase

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think most riders at some point will "open her up and see what she can do"... So, after owning several bikes (and cars) I admit to breaking the law many times at speeds near and even over what the rider in this thread did.

I did feel I was responsible about it, choosing an empty stretch of a straight highway with no side roads. With today's cars and sportbikes 125 isn't that big of a number really, so I know what Fred meant here.

According to my GPS....I did 132 mph on my FJR once. This with the cases on, the screen halfway up and my wife on back. But really after this, had no desire to do it again. Fast is fun when you're young, but after you've done it a few times, not that big of a deal any more.......

Last edited by a moderator:
ShowMeMo posted: He's probably just a stupid kid doing stupid kid stuff....I, of course, have never done something stupid like drives/ride excessively over the speed limit...(I don't think Hooterville counts) Jeessss, should we wish death on him for being stupid... Nobody was hurt, right?
I also was a stupid kid, and I enjoyed Hooterville so much I will return this fall. BUT, flipping off a cop -- and not one, but two cops -- is a stupid level I have never reached.

If you want to "open her up to see what she can do", well, that activity takes place on an empty highway with plenty of sight distance, few intersections, and no police officers.

Fast is fun when you're young, but after you've done it a few times, not that big of a deal any more.......
Nothing to do with being young, but the done it a few times can be true. Took my wife's grandfather for a ride after he'd been pestering me about it. We headed down the highway on our scouting run. On the way back he got to see triple digits briefly. He didn't shut up about it for two weeks. Big ass grin for days he had.