Black Hills Gathering - An Ode to Spearfish and BigJohnSD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tech talk after dinner...
DSC_8938-XL.jpg

Skip / zzzzip checking to see if he's being followed...
DSC_8939-XL.jpg

Chad / burns1 shooting the bull with Chris and Jerry...
DSC_8940-XL.jpg

Howdy neighbor! Rich / NorCal FJR, his gorgeous wife, Nikki, and SacMike...
DSC_8935-XL.jpg

Bellies full, we all headed back to the hotel for some parking lot chit chat on our last night together...
DSC_8941-XL.jpg

DSC_8942-XL.jpg

DSC_8944-XL.jpg

The next morning folks skeedaddled all directions for home starting early as home and responsibilities beckoned everyone back... it was such a great weekend seeing known accomplices, making new friends, riding wonderful roads, and seeing some more of this amazing country we live in... again, big thanks to BigJohnSD for putting it all together... to his wife, Jeanne, for putting up with all of it... to Brian and Kevin for cooking up all of that food so perfectly... and to everyone who came out to make it such a fantastic set of memories for the books... :wub:
DSC_8931-XL.jpg

FIN

Tyler, thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for the most awesome documentation of this event.

Thanks to all that came and participated, special thanks to Brian (Festar) Maddy and Kevin (Abercrombie FJR) Bernier and to FJRay for helping with the BBQ!

May try to do something like this in Red Lodge MT next June, will check it out later this month. Spearfish again in 2017 is a possibility!

Tyler, thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for the most awesome documentation of this event.
Thanks to all that came and participated, special thanks to Brian (Festar) Maddy and Kevin (Abercrombie FJR) Bernier and to FJRay for helping with the BBQ!

May try to do something like this in Red Lodge MT next June, will check it out later this month. Spearfish again in 2017 is a possibility!
John, just don't loose the number of the guy that you got the steaks from. MMMMmmmmm

Thanks for the pics, Tyler. And you're right, I married above my grade...

If I had a vote that counted for more than owl shit, I would vote Spearfish again. Lots of different roads to explore and beautiful scenery no matter where you look.

+1 Tyler, awesome pics and superb commentary.

After my trip to MT last month, can't wait to get back. I'm marking my calendar now BigJohn.

What a wonderful gathering. Beautiful scenery - one day i shall like to ride that area. I like my steak medium well.

As I watched those beautiful flowers in the meadow, for just an instant, I could smell them and then it was gone. What great stuff, Tyler. Really - well done.

Glad to oblige, m'friend... it was a fantastic gathering and I look forward to the next one! B)

Outta likes...Thanks Tyler!
Thank you, Wheatie... look forward to seeing you next month and getting your mug in a few pics! :D

Thanks for the pics, Tyler. And you're right, I married above my grade...
Lyndel did pretty good too... ;)

Tyler, you are a hit with everyone, and no surprise.
Pot, kettle, black... ;)

What a wonderful gathering. Beautiful scenery - one day i shall like to ride that area. I like my steak medium well.
As I watched those beautiful flowers in the meadow, for just an instant, I could smell them and then it was gone. What great stuff, Tyler. Really - well done.
Thanks, HP... put it on your list for next year! B)

Outstanding RR as always, Tyler. You raise the bar so high with your awesome color, both verbiage and Kodakiage.

Being there just last week really hit home on a lot of your pics, especially DT and Needles. At the needle tunnel, we had to wait while a camper squeezed through, I got pics of that craziness and will get a RR up soon.

Wish I could of made BigJohns roundup and ride. I think Bikerskier took my reservation, been so long I forgot, but I'm sure he had a wonderful time.... it looked like a great, great and very memorable roundup!
smile.png
And, Tyler, thanks for following my Rockies adventure on FB! ....Your insight and comments were very much appreciated!
smile.png

PS: Where was all the Kanadian representation in yur pics? i.e. da 'Fitter? (I did see one shot of him 'sorta' where you said "and now our belly's are full!").

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding RR as always, Tyler. You raise the bar so high with your awesome color, both verbiage and Kodakiage.
Being there just last week really hit home on a lot of your pics, especially DT and Needles. At the needle tunnel, we had to wait while a camper squeezed through, I got pics of that craziness and will get a RR up soon.

Wish I could of made BigJohns roundup and ride. I think Bikerskier took my reservation, been so long I forgot, but I'm sure he had a wonderful time.... it looked like a great, great and very memorable roundup!
smile.png
And, Tyler, thanks for following my Rockies adventure on FB! ....Your insight and comments were very much appreciated!
smile.png

PS: Where was all the Kanadian representation in yur pics? i.e. da 'Fitter? (I did see one shot of him 'sorta' where you said "and now our belly's are full!").
It was fun following along on FB and seeing all the places that you were going that I had been... kinda like deja vu! :lol: I'm looking forward to the full report... I can't imagine a camper coming through some of those tunnels... they were really narrow!!
uhoh.gif

As for 'Fitter, about the only time I saw him was at the bbq... different groups going different directions during the day and separate parking lots at night so sometimes we just missed each other! ;)