Black wheels

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a choice?
dntknw.gif

Ik kind of like the black rims on my midnight black 2013!

Just to add something special I applied reflective wheelstriping today. Had this on my previous FJR (with grey rims).

The black striping blends right in, until the moment light needs to be reflected...

wheelstriping_4.jpg

wheelstriping_5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the wheel stripe! Installed reflective blue on my '09...added just enough color so I can put up with black wheels.

--G

I just like my wheels to be round and balanced...I guess I'm not too picky.
+1. I've got the solution for dirty wheels. Not one person has EVER noticed either the color nor the shine of my back wheel. They're too busy staring at that insane car tire it wears.

Now what cha got to say?

Gary

darksider #44

I forgot how quickly black wheels get dirty. I put 300 miles on 013 and back wheel is filthy. If I had my druthers, I will take unpainted aluminum. Am I alone on this?Jim
Here's what I do to help clean them up - WD-40. Cleans and shines in one application. Spray on old rag and wipe.

I forgot how quickly black wheels get dirty. I put 300 miles on 013 and back wheel is filthy. If I had my druthers, I will take unpainted aluminum. Am I alone on this?Jim
Here's what I do to help clean them up - WD-40. Cleans and shines in one application. Spray on old rag and wipe.
Sounds like a lot of work.
rolleyes.gif

A better solution might be to just keep the wheels spinning. Nobody notices how dirty the wheels are when you are riding it. ;)

My two cents. I'm in the minority, as I like the black wheels. I have silver painted wheels on my car, and it's the first thing to show dirt/grime. My bike's wheels haven't looked dirty, but do get a matte look to them. I clean my bike's wheels with soap/water spray and a microfiber cloth. When I'm done the cloth looks black, not brown, gray, or any other color...just black. I truly appreciate them being black and not having to wipe them down every other day. Like they say" you go black, and you'll never go back!". Wait...that was refering to women...no,no,no, that was coffee....yeah, coffee!

My 07 wheels were powder coated gloss black and they look mo betta than the matt finish kinda silver. If you want the black wheels to look good keep a good wax on them. After each ride wipe them down with a damp cloth and do not ride on dirt roads. I avoid dirt roads, rain and critics. My wheels look good to me and that's all that matters!!

Ik kind of like the black rims on my midnight black 2013!
Just to add something special I applied reflective wheelstriping today. Had this on my previous FJR (with grey rims).

The black striping blends right in, until the moment light needs to be reflected...

wheelstriping_4.jpg

wheelstriping_5.jpg
I note you are in the Netherlands. Is that a factory color option or did you have the bike painted black?