Bought a new BMW GTL today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.... I went to School with Owner Evan Bell. Orange High Panthers - Class of 1966!
HS Don! Did ur high school football team play with leather helmets back then? :p

JK kinda... and that's why I take your advice, your a Big-Beemer father figure!
KJ, that was the year just before me; But: Niehart, RadioHowie and Dr. Rich played with leather helmets! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Hey guys,

I have never sold a motorcycle to a private party before and I wanted to make sure I do this right. I have two more guys coming by tomorrow at noon and 3pm. Would you let the person ride the bike under my insurance for the test ride? Also do I need to go to the DMV or can I download the forms and have him sign him while he is here. I also want to make sure I transfer the title properly so the bike is in his name as soon as he leaves. Sorry for the last min scramble... I am sure I can also look it up on the DMV. :ph34r:

I just called a buddy of mine who owns a Vespa dealership and he walked me through it. As far as the test ride he told me I need to use my gut and get at least 1-2k in my hands before he rides off in the event of an accident. As far as the transfer since I have a clear title, I jsut need to sign, date and mail in to the DMV. He also stated many (lie) about the cost to save the buyer state taxes (of course I would never do that). Seems really easy and he said I was making a bid deal out of it and in reality its pretty easy.

I just called a buddy of mine who owns a Vespa dealership and he walked me through it. As far as the test ride he told me I need to use my gut and get at least 1-2k in my hands before he rides off in the event of an accident. As far as the transfer since I have a clear title, I jsut need to sign, date and mail in to the DMV. He also stated many (lie) about the cost to save the buyer state taxes (of course I would never do that). Seems really easy and he said I was making a bid deal out of it and in reality its pretty easy.
#1: Reconsider keeping your Feej. It's a nice compliment to the K1600 and handy for rainy rides (not to say the Bimmer is going to be your garage queen!)

#2: IF you must part ways with your FJR, she deserves one last great ride, like one that you will always remember her for. :clapping:

#2B: Here's a quick 'Bill of Sales' that DMV will accept (you should be able to view image on browser alone then select print, a hand written one is usually accepted as well. And yes, most make the transaction for less to save the buyer some sales tax which "he" will pay when he registers the bike in his name. Hint... I have "heard" that 2 copies be madeup of this, 1 legit and the other factitious for the buyers DMV. As noted, I have just "heard" this as being done this way!

billofsale1.JPG