BROKE A FASTENER

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b12bandit

Reaction score
GREETINGS FROM SUNNY ENGLAND,

Whilst checking the battery on my 03 FJR, I removed the inner fairing panel (as instructed in the handbook). The fastener below the speedometer appears to be a simple plastic push-in button type thing.

Despite removing it with the utmost care, it broke and now it won't squeeze back into the hole from whence it came.

I've seen a suggestion on another FJR website that some of the interior trim fasteners from Mazda cars are exactly the same and will fit.

Any ideas? Your thoughts and comments would be much appreciated.

PETE WOOD (NEW GUY)

SHEFFORD, BEDFORDSHIRE

ENGLAND.

They call it a "rivet" in the parts manual and looks to be $0.57 at my US dealer here (#53 on COWLING 1 blow-ups.......and they seem to have it in backwards in the sketch)

I think it's part number is 90269-07006-00.

That said, it's not a critical piece, but probably bugs 'ya as it would me. I know of at least one owner that doesn't put it in because he's in the nose so much farkling.

I've also seen somebody suggest finding one at a car dealer, but not having one with you as a comparison might make finding the right dimension a bit tougher. I think it's the only one of this flavor on the whole bike. It's not quite the same one as on the other panels or under the nose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing autobody and autoglass we used them all the time.

In the cawl on the windshield is a place many cars have them.

Might do a walk by and grab one if ya feeling luck :D Just kidding.

My local auto parts store had a selection of similar-sized fasteners. Wasn't cheap-as-dirt but but had to be cheaper than my dealer's price.