burned fjr 2005

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fjrburnbike001.jpg
I received this bike from a very good friend. I am now riding this bike. The second pic is as she is today. Thanks Larry!

fjr1300003.jpg

It took almost a year and lots of parts from ebay, about $3000 worth, to bring her back to life. She is't 100% yet, but will be.

Wow...totally impressive!~

I still have to figure out how to take the panels off!

You do very good work... looks new!

Mary

Thats beautiful. I have nothing but respect for that kind of ability and tenacity. I certainly never would attempt it. The bag locks can be had from Yamaha and I believe that at this website or at FJRTEC.com there is a demonstration with photos showing how to match them to your ignition key. Some searching should turn it up. I would take a look around but I have to get to work. Really great job.
Wow

Where is Kelseyville anyway? Kelseyville is on the edge of Clearlake in Lake County about 2 hrs north of San Fransisco. Take 101 north and hang a right on hyway 175 and your there.

I think I would of even walked away from that one.

And i'm a tight bastard.

:clapping: I can't imagine how much fun it must've been to just get the melted plastic off. Well done.Outstanding. :clapping:

did you say it was in a garage fire?
Yes , my best friends house burned down and both his bikes were burned as you can see. The only person at home was his son who escaped thru a window at the other side of the house. No one was hurt in the fire but he lost everything including both bikes.

For someone mechanically challenged such as myself, I can't believe you did all that. I'm truly amazed.
Did the engine require any mechanical work or just cosmetic stuff?

Glenn
I compression tested the engine and resistance tested the stator wires. Everything checked out so I have not removed the engine from the frame yet. When I get the rest of the parts I need to make her complete I will do a full tear down and make her real pretty. Right now I am experimenting with suspension setting and fork oils to improve handling. I am a former Road and dirt track racer. So far so good. Here is a pic of bike in process.

emilyandfjr013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!! :dribble:

You should join the fire department as a arson crime scene re-constructionist!

Beautiful work! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I will never whine about how hard it is to work on the "plastic" parts ever again...

At least not if I think you might read it

Great work and more pics would be really neat...

LC

I bought a wrecked '87 Concours several years back which only had some fairing damage, and repaired/repainted back to good shape. My wife thought I was crazy for that. I can't even imagine what she'd say/do to me if I brought a bike like that burned FJR home. I'd most likely be sleeping in the garage for a while. Kudos to your wife on that, if you have one.