Cedar Key meet March 24

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otrfjr

Don't tell Mom
Reaction score
If you can make the meetup at Cedar Key on the 24th, please respond to this thread.

Edit: The proper name for the meetup spot is Frog's Landing & their website is here: https://www.frogslanding.net/. The only address I could find listed (for thems that wants to google/map it) is "Dock Street." It's a small place, so if you get lost, you'll either get found or get wet pretty quickly.

Thanks & best,

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in! Coming from Tallahassee. My brother wants to hook up with the Tampa/St Pete group when they depart for Cedar Key. If anybody knows where and when the departure point is, please advise!

Flapsup

Oh yeah: let's meet at Froggy's. For those of you who haven't been to Cedar Key, it's very, very easy to find: ride as far as you can without getting wet. You'll see a string of water-front businesses & Froggy's is there. If there's going to be a big group of us, do we want to put in a reservation for an outside table?

Those who are interested in doing stuff while at Cedar Key can rent canoes & kayaks at the CK "beach." I did this once. Kinda cool: can paddle out to Atsena Otie & there are dolphins aplenty.

Flapsup,

Great! See you there.

I'm in! Coming from Tallahassee. My brother wants to hook up with the Tampa/St Pete group when they depart for Cedar Key. If anybody knows where and when the departure point is, please advise!
Flapsup

otrfjr -

Got your PM. Figured I would just respond here.

Does not loook good for me but there is still a chance. Never say never. :D

What time at Froggy's?

What time at Froggy's?
Froggies? You guys going to Froggies? Oo. Oo. Please get me one of these!

2006-05-08_Lets_Ride.jpg

I'm going to bring my camera & try to do a brief write up for the ride report section to get other FL FJR riders that are lurking here to join us for the next one. Hopefully someone else (or a few) will take mental notes & do a write up to help prime the pump?

Best,

Will desperately try to make it. Will likely make it in after 1200. Don't leave without me.
PMing my cell phone number. I imagine folks will just want to hang out for a bit, check out each others' bikes, shoot the breeze, maybe have some food, etc. If you get a chance to call en route, give us your ETA & we'll hold off if we can. If we do a ride from Frog's Landing (nothing has been set in stone).

My wife and I are in. :yahoo: :clapping: I live in Hudson. Around SR 52 & US 19. It seams there will be alot from the South..It looks like the best way there, without going to far out of the way is up 19 :angry2: Unless everyone wants to go an Alt run. Feel free to P.M. me.....Lester Smith

Last edited by a moderator:
We are in Holiday, and yes it's best to just go up 19, there is no other direct route. It's boring up 19, but once you turn west the road starts curving - a *little*.

Is there a start time and place from the tampa area to go to cedar key? please advise. Thanks Everett
Everett,

My brother is in Tampa and is trying to find someone to hook up with for the ride up. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you his number, y'all can work it out.

Flapsup