Cedar Key meet March 24

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are in Holiday, and yes it's best to just go up 19, there is no other direct route. It's boring up 19, but once you turn west the road starts curving - a *little*.
To add a little to this: road condition on 24 from Otter Creek to Cedar Key is OK (not stellar). Whole lot of nothing & I've never seen a LEO on that stretch (granted I've only made the run 3 times). Not encouraging anyone to exceed posted maximum speeds, but if you should happen to stray past the limit... Can't recall what the posted limit is: 60? Anyone know? I've cruised it at 70 & gotten passed plenty o times, including by a bunch of BMW ST guys (running about 100) doing their meet there one weekend. That irresponsible beemer crowd.

Weather should be perfect: forecast of 82 & no chance of showers. I'm leaving the rain suit & hard cases behind.

Updated total looks like a dozen if not more :)

Just got back from my run to Cedar Key and back. That was a bad place for a get together. Too crowded and no parking. I saw FJR's scattered around Cedar Key and after my third loop and still no parking I called it quits and headed home. It would have been nice to meet some of you. :(

There was plenty of parking before noon.

Glad to meet and ride with you guys, it was more fun than driving there in a car LOL!

Just got back from my run to Cedar Key and back. That was a bad place for a get together. Too crowded and no parking. I saw FJR's scattered around Cedar Key and after my third loop and still no parking I called it quits and headed home. It would have been nice to meet some of you. :(
Saw you go by and tried to wave you down. Sorry I couldn't get your attention. That was the first time there for many us, and will probably be my last. Nice meal, good company, not much ride time. We broke up at 3:00 after an hour and a half delay. Nice bull session though under the shade of an abandoned gas station. You're right about parking and crowds.

Borrec,

I saw on the SFO page that yaou were planning on going. Are you still on and if so, would you be interested in going with me and my regular riding buddy? We are in Tallahassee, planning on leaving Wednesday and going via New Orleans.

Flapsup

Weather = Great Company = Great The Ride over and back = Great Parking = not so great but manageable. All in all a good day of riding and meet and greet activities. I’d do it again. Hope eveyone made it back safe.

I’ll upload what pictures I have soon.

Nice to meet you all,

Matt & Robyn

Weather = Great Company = Great The Ride over and back = Great Parking = not so great but manageable. All in all a good day of riding and meet and greet activities. I’d do it again. Hope eveyone made it back safe.
I’ll upload what pictures I have soon.

Nice to meet you all,

Matt & Robyn

Thanks Matt & Robyn. Below are a few of the shots I snapped. Ride report coming soon.

cedarkeyfjrmeet003.jpg

cedarkeyfjrmeet015.jpg

cedarkeyfjrmeet011.jpg