Center Stand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

Reaction score
OK, let the mockery begin. I know it's coming but I'm willing to take it to get an answer. The question: "What is the trick to getting my '03 up on the center stand?" To make the mockery even worse, I had to get my wife out there today for pete's sake.

Mark :ph34r:

Try searching on center stand trick site:fjrforum.com and in less than 30 seconds you'll find a bout 150 threads on this often discussed subject.

The trick to getting the FJR on the centerstand is weigh placement. You aren't really puliing the bike up so much as putting your weight on the stand and forcing the stand down. Make sure that the bike is upright and both the feet of the centerstand are touching the ground, grab the handhold on the left side just in front of the sidebag, and step up onto the centerstand arm that sticks out to the side.

Damnit I have to do this!!!!

Grow a set mang! It's always taken a set of nuts to put a bike up on the centerstand.

Hey, ya know ya wanted to hear that.

only couple more days till my partner in crime is on everyday, :) :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping:

:jester:

Actually I never knew you could do a google search that way. Still can't get it up (on the center stand) but now I can peruse thousands of answers and feel a little better about myself knowing that I am not the only one who has ever had this problem.

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. Busta, after trying and trying to get the dang bike up, I think I have grown a third one.

- left hand on left grip, turn bars to full left lock

- tilt bike to upright

- right hand on grip area

- right foot on center push area, push center stand until both feet of center stand are on the ground

- SIMULTANEOUSLY do the following

------ put almost all your weight on your right foot - this is the most important part

------ pull backward with your left hand

------ pull backward with your right hand (but you won't exert much force) so mostly you are balancing the bike with your right hand

- practice a few times with the wife or buddy backing you up. With practice it will become easy

I think the FJR comes up very easily, much more easily than my ZZR which weighs 100 lbs. less

2" x 6" - 18" long.

One end cut at 45 degrees.

Roll back wheel on board.

Pops up like a sailor's dick on leave. :rolleyes:

Try this, and you'll never need (possibly) help again.

- left hand on left grip, turn bars to full left lock
Not wanting to argue the point....but I would have thought turning the bars to full left lock would make the process even more difficult. IMHO, the wheels should be "lined" up north/south......makes "pulling" the bike back onto the centre stand easier. However...each to their own. :(

- left hand on left grip, turn bars to full left lock- tilt bike to upright

- right hand on grip area

- right foot on center push area, push center stand until both feet of center stand are on the ground

- SIMULTANEOUSLY do the following

------ put almost all your weight on your right foot - this is the most important part

------ pull backward with your left hand

------ pull backward with your right hand (but you won't exert much force) so mostly you are balancing the bike with your right hand

- practice a few times with the wife or buddy backing you up. With practice it will become easy

I think the FJR comes up very easily, much more easily than my ZZR which weighs 100 lbs. less
Another trick is to wear boots or shoes with strong, stiff soles. I found that I can stand beside the bike, and put ALL my weight on the centerstand tab with my right foot. It will stay balanced until you pull it up on the stand.

Put the bike in reverse, give it some throttle, and put downward pressure on the center stand as you are sitting on the bike.

In all seriousness, in can be difficult to get up on the centerstand if you have a non-level surface. I got a debilitating impingement one time after trying to muscle the bike onto the center stand at a gas station. Laid me low for 2 days. Don't try to force it or you'll hurt yourself.

I'm sure you will find this info somewhere in your forum searching, but since this is clearly a used bike, just be sure no previous owners have made any suspension modifications to lower your bike. That would make it much harder to get it on the stand.

OK, let the mockery begin. I know it's coming but I'm willing to take it to get an answer. The question: "What is the trick to getting my '03 up on the center stand?" To make the mockery even worse, I had to get my wife out there today for pete's sake.
Mark :ph34r:
Nothin' wrong with havin' a good wife to help get it up! :p

Is it almost Friday? :rolleyes: