Central Florida Ride?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fljab

Reaction score
We need to try and get a ride together, anyone interested? I'll try and throw some routes together, but I was thinking maybe down through Mormon land off SR520 south then back up on A1A Vero Beach or similar. Post suggestions on date and times...

We need to try and get a ride together, anyone interested? I'll try and throw some routes together, but I was thinking maybe down through Mormon land off SR520 south then back up on A1A Vero Beach or similar. Post suggestions on date and times...
Maybe... a little off topic.... Jim have you drilled your tank? I have got my mounting down- but I need to get up the nerve

to drill into my main and add a bulkhead. Maybe we should do a tech day and put the bulkheads in the same time? I saw

a great idea for a quick disconnect on the forum here a while back. I am slow to take the bike out of running mode to

finish off the aux tank. I will be following this thread.

Maybe... a little off topic.... Jim have you drilled your tank? I have got my mounting down- but I need to get up the nerve

to drill into my main and add a bulkhead. Maybe we should do a tech day and put the bulkheads in the same time? I saw

a great idea for a quick disconnect on the forum here a while back. I am slow to take the bike out of running mode to

No, I have not; I've been "skeered" plus I haven't really sorted out my aux tank mounting arrangement. I'm waiting on someone to get back to me on their setup that I really like butt am stumped on how to duplicate, so don't see the need to drill the tank just yet. I don't have any of the QD's yet either; Where did you get your hardware? Yes, lets do a tech day for sure; I can ride down if that's easier but I have all the stuff here as far as tools...

I'm ready! How about Saturday, Jan 22nd? Any route is fine by me.
Sat Jan 22 sounds good to me...

Last edited by a moderator:

No, I have not; I've been "skeered" plus I haven't really sorted out my aux tank mounting arrangement. I'm waiting on someone to get back to me on their setup that I really like butt am stumped on how to duplicate, so don't see the need to drill the tank just yet. I don't have any of the QD's yet either; Where did you get your hardware? Yes, lets do a tech day for sure; I can ride down if that's easier but I have all the stuff here as far as tools...

I'm ready! How about Saturday, Jan 22nd? Any route is fine by me.
Sat Jan 22 sounds good to me...
Hey...let me know when you guys do the tech day. Not much on the agenda for my ride right now, but would love to get together and talk shop.

Hey...let me know when you guys do the tech day. Not much on the agenda for my ride right now, but would love to get together and talk shop.
The TD has been thrown out before with no followup; hopefully this time will get it put together!

The TD has been thrown out before with no followup; hopefully this time will get it put together!

I've been trying to do the easy farkling on my own, I didn't want to show up with so many ongoing projects :p

Radiator guard- glove box magnetic catch install- windscreen salvage... all done

Highway pegs on the way- sliders, still sarching- Aux Tank, still piddling (Chicken to drill)

Aux lights- much later Com- Later ( -$)

Set a date- But we should line up ALL parts first

Where are you getting the hwy pegs. pm me is necessary

I've been trying to do the easy farkling on my own, I didn't want to show up with so many ongoing projects :p

Radiator guard- glove box magnetic catch install- windscreen salvage... all done

Highway pegs on the way- sliders, still sarching- Aux Tank, still piddling (Chicken to drill)

Aux lights- much later Com- Later ( -$)

We're not gonna get everything done in a day except light stuff IMO; seems to me to be more of a time to get together and do what we can and pass around ideas on how to do things. I know my installs are way slow, but they're done right when I get done. Sometimes I have to walk away from it and come back later when I'm sorting out the best way to accomplish what I need.

Great idea guys. Let's ride rather than play on the computer. Jan 22 sounds good to me. I'll follow this post and see where it leads. Really liking this bike after the Strom. Can we all say smooth????

Ok...we got Crash Cash. Anymore Florida riders out there. I sent a heads up to RZ350, hopefully he will join us.
Great! This will be the last ride until BW as I have a bunch of upgrades ordered or ready to go so I have to get this thing torn down and the work started!

Where to meet?

Ok...we got Crash Cash. Anymore Florida riders out there. I sent a heads up to RZ350, hopefully he will join us.
The 22nd is looking good for a ride. Count me in! Anywhere, anytime is fine.

As far as a Tech Day - my FJR is just the way I want it now (the Knoxville ride proved that to me), but I will be glad to help you folks any way I can. Like DaveB - I'm always ready to talk shop. Also, we could plan a little extra time at the stops on the 22nd to talk farkles, if anyone needs some quick advice.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

I would love to ride .... but I could only do it on Sunday. I am working the next 8 Saturdays but no more for the rest of the year so a little sacrifice now and I can play the rest of the year.

Great! This will be the last ride until BW as I have a bunch of upgrades ordered or ready to go so I have to get this thing torn down and the work started!

Where to meet?
I have not done much out in your neck of the woods. We can head your way, then go north or south...does not really matter to me.

Lets see.. Jim, DaveB and Rz.... all together on this ride..... I'm in !!! (Pending boss' approval) ;)

Anyone riding 2-up?
I wish I was riding 2up. My wife has only been on the bike a couple of times and she has said that it was not as comfortable as prior bikes. After some constant nagging, she finally told me that she was not comfortable leaning against the trunk. She's worried that it will come off the bike, which is surprising considering she knows I always overbuild things.

Looking forward to hooking up with the rest of you guys though. If you want to bring the other half along to meet us, go for it. If you ride 2up, we will remind you not to push your fuel this time. :)