Central Florida Ride?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey folks,

I'm getting ready to sell my extra Helibar top clamp handlebar riser (Link), so if anyone is interested that's attending this ride, just let me know and I will bring it. It's for a Gen 2, and I have all parts and instructions. It looks like group buys are going for about $290 so I will let this one go for $250 and you will also save shipping.

Just thought I would offer it up before it goes in the Classified section or on auction.
Well, dangit! Why didn't you have that a yr ago when I needed it!!! LOL..............

I knew this beautiful weather we're having this week was too good to last! Front moving through tomorrow with Saturday being 48 lo to 64 hi; still not bad as some of our brethren (and sistren!) to the north!

Sounds like the Friday rain is supposed to clear out that nite, so Sat might be fine, if not a bit brisk to start out with. At least it will give me a chance to take my heated seat pad out on the maiden voyage :)

Yeah, the rain we're having (right now, at 4am!) is a cold front moving through, but hopefully not much of one. I've been watching it approach all week. It'll be nice if it stops before lunch and won't keep me from having Fish Friday at Cracker Barrel.

Man, there was a lot of bikes on the East-West last night, I *think* I even saw a FJR going eastbound after about 7pm, but not sure. I know I saw a Kan-o-tuna, a Hayabusa, a couple of R1/R6s, and some others I didn't recognize. No Harleys, though.

Man, there was a lot of bikes on the East-West last night, I *think* I even saw a FJR going eastbound after about 7pm, <snip>
Wasn't me! I did get the bike out in the afternoon and did a ride from my house up to Edgewater/442, then I95 South back to 5A then home. Looking forward to Saturday!

For those of us heading east from Orlando tomorrow morning, I was thinking that it would be better to meet at the Kangaroo Express gas station which is just down from the Five & Dinner (corner of 50 and Woodbury). Let me know if you are still a go for tomorrow so I can get a head count. Looking forward to it.

I'm still a go - unless it's 45F and still raining. Then I might have to reconsider. :(

Gas station is fine for meeting place.

I'm still a go - unless it's 45F and still raining. Then I might have to reconsider. :(

Gas station is fine for meeting place.
I don't think it'll be raining according to Tom Terry; the temp, well, it might be a bit coolish but don't think 45, probabaly more like 50ish for you guys when you meet...

So we're meeting at 8am at the Kangaroo Express instead of 5 & Diner? OK. Still hoping I can wake up on time... (crosses fingers)

So we're meeting at 8am at the Kangaroo Express instead of 5 & Diner? OK. Still hoping I can wake up on time... (crosses fingers)
Want me to swing pass your house with the RZ first? If the chainsaw sound doesn't wake you up, the exhaust plume will smoke you out! :)

Want me to swing pass your house with the RZ first? If the chainsaw sound doesn't wake you up, the exhaust plume will smoke you out! :)
Now that would be a sweet wakeup tune (rrrrRRRINGGdingdinginging) but I've slept through gunfire (honest) - I'll crash out at 8 tonight and set all 3 of my clocks. Usually I just stay up all night, but I want to be more alert and functional than that.

Man, it is STILL raining at nearly 5pm... sigh... but it looks like it's the last of it. It did cut out for an hour and I was able to sneak out for lunch.

Well, the road is drying off and I see a big ball in the sky (moon in clear sky) - things are looking up.

For those of us heading east from Orlando tomorrow morning, I was thinking that it would be better to meet at the Kangaroo Express gas station which is just down from the Five & Dinner (corner of 50 and Woodbury). Let me know if you are still a go for tomorrow so I can get a head count. Looking forward to it.
Hey...I'm in for the Saturday ride. Where are we meeting and at what time? I'm in Oviedo.
Good to hear it. Meet time is 8am. See DB's post for place. See you there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked the weather. A cool start to the day, but warmer than what I have been riding in lately...so game on for me! Hope to see everyone tomorrow.

Is there room for one more?

I haven't been on the forum much lately so missed out on the ride info. If so, I will meet the rest of the Orlando group at the Kangaroo Express.

p.s. I'm heading out. See you at Kangaroo at 8:00

Last edited by a moderator: