CFR 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be sure to tell your lobster man that they are going for $4.50 in parts on Nova Scotia. I scored a feed last week for $4.00/lb. :p

Canadian FJR
NICE! Brian MacLean told me he paid ~$8 the other day :blink:

I have a few angles to explore ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=CAXX0151 Uh MEM, I happened to be looking at weather forecasting for the Wheatie/airboss Rolling Kali Kluster Feck that I am attending, so I thought I would also look at Fredericton, NB weather.

I realize that I'm riding to the Canadian Maritime Provinces a month from now, but Dios Mio: 55F high and 45F low, with showers! This Zonie lives in the middle of the Sonoran desert, rain is a scarcity. Old Michael just might be right about New Brunswick!!!

https://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=CAXX0151 Uh MEM, I happened to be looking at weather forecasting for the Wheatie/airboss Rolling Kali Kluster Feck that I am attending, so I thought I would also look at Fredericton, NB weather.

I realize that I'm riding to the Canadian Maritime Provinces a month from now, but Dios Mio: 55F high and 45F low, with showers! This Zonie lives in the middle of the Sonoran desert, rain is a scarcity. Old Michael just might be right about New Brunswick!!!
Why do you think it's called the Great White North silly boy???

Not to worry, the glacier should have receded by June.

Bill F., I am really happy that you brought up the topic of glaciers. For the last three years straight, Jeff C. - FJRGuy has been promising my Son Seth and I that we would see polar bears if we rode North from Arizona to Canada. And for three years running we still have not seen a single fecking polar bear. We have seen beaver, moose, loons (besides Bustanut!), geese, wolves, otters and eagles; but still not polar bears like JC has promised us each and every year. There better damn well be polar bears at CFR 2011! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Bill F., I am really happy that you brought up the topic of glaciers. For the last three years straight, Jeff C. - FJRGuy has been promising my Son Seth and I that we would see polar bears if we rode North from Arizona to Canada. And for three years running we still have not seen a single fecking polar bear. We have seen beaver, moose, loons (besides Bustanut!), geese, wolves, otters and eagles; but still not polar bears like JC has promised us each and every year. There better damn well be polar bears at CFR 2011! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
If you are old enough to remember the 60's (or in some cases, were there but had consumed substances that caused memory loss), we used to have 'Mericans showing up at Niagara Falls in July with sets of skis strapped to their roof racks (this is a true story). Jes sayin, there's been some global warming since then... but I do recall there being a bare somethin' at the last CFR!!!

If you are old enough to remember the 60's (or in some cases, were there but had consumed substances that caused memory loss), we used to have 'Mericans showing up at Niagara Falls in July with sets of skis strapped to their roof racks (this is a true story). Jes sayin, there's been some global warming since then... but I do recall there being a bare somethin' at the last CFR!!!
Alright RayYzerman19; OK, I concede the point. Yes, there was one "bare" at Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, Canada for CFR 2010 last year. And here's the "bare Jackass"!

DSC07663.jpg

Papa, mon amour, worry pas about the weather ! It'll be sunny and a glorious 25 degrees ( <9/5 x 25> + 32 = 77 F) the week of June 20th. :D

And I'll take THIS opportunity to remind you that you fookin' smoked peyote and did rain dances for CFR 2009 - so much so that I had to threaten you with an ass-kickin' if I saw another drop of rain that month !!

Woo Hoo! 1 more month to go! Gotta dig up my left over Loonies & Toonies from last year. :lol:

https://www.ridermagazine.com I just came back from the mailbox, twas 101F degrees outside today so I was wearing my red Speedo and flip-flops, with the July copy of Rider. On page 72 starts this great article: Ferries and Fantastic Roads in the Maritimes, Counterclockwise Around Some of Canada's Finest Scenery! I CAN'T WAIT!

8 pages of amazing pictures and informative prose. The detailed map on page 80 showed our entire Apres CFR Ride to Nova Scotia, including Prince Edward Island too.

Article was half filled with a report on Newfoundland, I wish I also had time to see NF. Rider says same thing that Old Michael says: Newfies are the nicest Canadians!

https://www.ridermagazine.com I just came back from the mailbox, twas 101F degrees outside today so I was wearing my red Speedo and flip-flops, with the July copy of Rider. On page 72 starts this great article: Ferries and Fantastic Roads in the Maritimes, Counterclockwise Around Some of Canada's Finest Scenery! I CAN'T WAIT!

8 pages of amazing pictures and informative prose. The detailed map on page 80 showed our entire Apres CFR Ride to Nova Scotia, including Prince Edward Island too.

Article was half filled with a report on Newfoundland, I wish I also had time to see NF. Rider says same thing that Old Michael says: Newfies are the nicest Canadians!
Groovy, baby! I must try to get my hands on a Rider tomorrow - see if we're going to hit any of those ferries.

Nicest Canadians are Newfs? Does this mean I have to relocate ? ;)

ps - have you ever heard me mention...."NO SPEEDOS!" ? :D

I don't know the laws of toy land up there in New Brunswick but any chance that we can get a chiminea for a little fire during the evenings? Nothing like telling a few lies around the fire. Never hurts to ask.

Moosehead likely still has a little bit of wood left. :rolleyes:

Canadian FJR