Change of plans (Part 2)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear that Mike.

The bike is just short of fixed. I've decided that instead of searching for someone to refinish the front wheel, I'm just going to buy a new one.

Since I've done repairs myself, I've got plenty of money to do those last couple of items right... & hassle-free. I also have a new set of tires sitting in the other room ready to go on when the wheel is right.

I've been out on it on the interstate, set the vista cruise & took my hands off of the bars just long enough to see that it's tracking straight. Apparently, I didn't throw it out of whack. Oh yeah baby!

Last edited by a moderator:
The bike is just short of fixed. I've decided that instead of searching for someone to refinish the front wheel, I'm just going to buy a new one.
Since I've done repairs myself, I've got plenty of money to do those last couple of items right... & hassle-free. I also have a new set of tires sitting in the other room ready to go on when the wheel is right.

I've been out on it on the interstate, set the vista cruise & took my hands off of the bars just long enough to see that it's tracking straight. Apparently, I didn't throw it out of whack. Oh yeah baby!
Now that's really good news!!! We're looking forward to seeing you again at this years EOM!

jim

Hi Heidi, I do not know if you remember me. I am Juan, we met at the EOM in Townsend Tn. I was the one taking pictures from the roof.

Due to a last minute company acquisition I could not join you at Boone. I was really upset. In any event I read what happened to you, and I am glad to hear that you are doing fine and your bike is getting back in working order. I remember the last day of the meeting in 05, Dana's hands were bitten by the Dragon's at tail gap. I have talked to him a couple of times and he was doing alright riding his new 06 FJR.

I have been really busy at work with very little riding time. I might not qualify for this board and the future meetings, since I have change my steed, and now ride an 07 K1200GT, but I still remember the good time that I had with all of you, during the Townsend meeting.

I might even stop by to say hello during the eom september meeting.

Take good care of yourself and ride safe.

Juan

Glad to hear that Mike.

Hey Juan, of course I remember you. I was looking for you at last year's EOM in Boone. We needed someone to get on the roof of the hotel to take some pictures. Hahaha! Actually, those pics that you took at the Talley Ho... I never did see them.

You are definitely welcome to crash Lewisburg... doesn't matter what you ride. C'mon... just be sure to make a reservation before August somethin-or-other. I need to look for the date.

There is a thread tacked to the top of the EOM section with all the info that you'd need,

Heidi

. I might not qualify for this board and the future meetings, since I have change my steed, and now ride an 07 K1200GT,
Juan,

Bring the BMW. We won't make fun of you, I swear. Just can't say the same about passing you :rolleyes:

Heidi, glade to see your ok and look forward to seeing you at this years EOM.

Coffee is on me :yahoo: Skipped looking at this forum for eons.