Closest to stock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my AE for six months and 3,000 miles. I think that I have the bike really dialed in now as a result of the following farkles:

Changing the tire presure

Removed dead bugs

Applied Wax

Reset The time on Clock for daylight savings time.

Removed the Bag Liners

I have reset the trip-meter more than once

PM me for pics and detailed instructions on any of these inexpensive farkles.

All kidding aside, I have been enjoying the bike so much stock that I probably won't make any changes until after the first year with the only exception of adding a compass (anybody suggest a good one?).

Eventually I look forward to a smuggler, a nifty gps w/ stereo bluetooth mp3 and phone capabilities (I use a treo now) and I also am very much looking forward to painting the bike black. I will either wait 3-4 years or 1 lowside to do this.

I bought my 2006 in Sept. with:

1. Autocom

2. Throttlemeister

3. Cortech Tank Bag

I've added 3 items so far:

1. BMW grips

2. R&G Crash Protectors

3. FJR Alex saddlebag reflectors

OC_Ed said:
I bought my previously owned 2006 with these items added by the previous owner:
1. Autocom

2. Throttlemeister

3. Cortech Tank Bag

I've added 3 items so far:

1. BMW grips

2. R&G Crash Protectors

3. FJR Alex saddlebag reflectors

I wonder if the owners of some of the far out farkled bikes realize they might have close to the cost of their bike in extras.

SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Mary

Just don't ask me how uch I've spent on my Harley.....

Very little bling... only one chrome shift rod... everything else for comfort or power...

sometimes it helps to me mathematically challenged......

Mary

Hmmm, don't have much but still more than I thought I had ...

Rick Mayer seat

Givi V46 and universal mount

Second Look tank bra

NEP throttle lock

Heli risers

Powerlet outlet

Datel voltmeter

Also service manual, tank bag, and battery tender, but I don't really consider these items to be farkles

Funtional farkles installed plus 1 free Barbarian Mod +7

Sargent seat with backrest

BMW Grips

Vista Cruise

Fender extender

Koubalinks

R1 shift arm

That's all folks!

How about this guy: clsonfjr:

"I'm on my second FJR, and I haven't spent $0.10 for farkles on either one. A very wise man once told me that customizations to vehicles are a poor investment; at best, you lose everything you spent when you sell the vehicle, at worst, the customizations make the vehicle too personal and you lose money on the entire vehicle. The insurance company confirmed this during the negotiations after the nice man in the pickup made a mess out of my first FJR.

I have some minor complaints about the bike, but it comes so much closer than any other bike I've owned to being exactly what I want, that I can't justify the comparatively high cost to make it marginally better."

He has to be close to the top of the list!

My '04 was completely stock when it went to the parts bin in the sky at 32000 km. My '05 is also stock (at approx. 13000 km); I even use Yamalube when I change the oil.

Just like Kilroy, I've bought the service manual and a tank bag.

Malve, I spit my tea all over my screen when I read your post :lol: ; my version is:

Changing the tire pressure - I still use the manufacturer's recommendation, but I have changed tires (and brands) several times (no favorite) - same pressure each time.

Removed dead bugs - I do this after every ride, but they didn't come stock so this can't be a farkle :rolleyes:

Applied Wax - a week after I waxed my '04 I used the road to scrape it all off again - never again :blink:

Reset The time on Clock for daylight savings time. - I bought both bikes in the summer, and I don't ride much when it isn't daylight savings time, so I never changed it.

Removed the Bag Liners - I didn't get any, on either bike. Finally, something to go and bitch to my dealer about!

I have reset the trip-meter more than once - I've done this as well, but every time I remember to check it I have to guess if it should read "1200" or "2200". Note to Yamaha: one more significant digit would be helpful to those of us who don't know when to get off the bike. On the other hand, I use my fuel purchases log to keep track of where I've been, how far it was, and what it cost.

yikes - i might have the most farkles and the fewest miles on my 05.

sargent seat

cee bailey +2 +4 shield

sliders

super braace

radiator screen guard

dfi (digital fule injector)

throttle lock

fenda extenda

FZ1 mirrors

Puppy grips

blue flame exhausts

And I (embarrisngly) have but a mere 4k miles on this great machine :blink:

Here is to more gratifingy miles in 07! :yahoo: Jay

Well, clsonfjr might be thee Mr Farkless.

jaybird - have but a mere 4k miles on this great machine
You have a busy life and ride on the side. At least your riding.

Didn't do much to my 04.

- Ram mount (Garmin GPS) Battery lead for the GPS

- Battery lead for my battery tender

- Battery lead for my home made heated vest

- Autocom system under the seat

I bought bar risers on e-bay but never installed them... Just there for when I get old(er) and need them :rolleyes:

OK, I have an 05 with 23,000 miles on it. What modifications have I done to it?

1. Moko Sliders (not really a modification, I consider it protection)

2. Throtle Lock

Other than that it's stock and I love it that way.

One change, Grip Puppies added to my '06. Two eventual changes: Sargent saddle...if they ever bother to bring one out. BS 020s will go on when the less than stellar stock rubber wears out. Had 020s on both my 03 FJR and '04 ST1300 and was very happy with them, unlike the rubber that came on my '06.

Other than that the only "change" I NEED to see is a constantly larger set of odo #s. Given that I haven't been able to ride thanks to a screwed up neck surgery done by a quack, but now apparently corrected by a competant surgeon. Only 4 more weeks of wearing this horse collar and then.............. DFO :yahoo:

Hmm...pretty stock for me still. Although I suspect this is mostly due to the fact that I received the bike late September and have been some extensive traveling for work the last two months.

I did manage the Barbarian MOD which was tremendous. I've yet to brave the throttle spring MOD but I'm sure come spring I'll convice Renegade to help me on that one with some persuasion from 6 of my friends. :)

Purchased a Corbin seat which is not enroute back to Corbin and a Shop Manual from Yammy. Other than that...still bone stock and even so, what an increadible bike.

Hopefully will be doing before spring:

Cruise Control

GPS Mounted (mount type still tbd)

Toying with a PHID Install

Even out of the crate though this bike is awesome. One could be very happy either way.

Not one...really not one! I have had the 06' since new (two days) and have never added a thing. Although I do have three items on order! :p

Regards,

B