Cold beer and the GAP!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnySokkoFlyingFjr

Reaction score
Sittin' at Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge...Stecoah, NC....thowing darts, watching NASCAR......gettin' a buzz.

Rode the most fantastic roads today(thanks Jeff Ashe for the heads up!)Prime rib for supper......COLD beer....great bed!.....Good Weather!....It don't get any better than this!!!

Route 28 from Franklin, NC, North...ROCKS. No LEO's...no traffic....no chicken strips!

Pictures and video to follow :rolleyes:

LIFE IS GOOD :yahoo:

Rt 28 is one of my favorite roads in the Southeast!! Sounds like a good trip!

JW

Been a little hectic around here........finally got a few minutes to post :dribble: Here's some pics of our Deals Gap Trip in early Sept.

Beer Stop, about 80 miles out from the "Dragon". Dry Counties in them parts! :blink:

dealsgap2007001.jpg

Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge, our home base for the trip. Definately would stay here again. Very nice accomodations, great food, and hospitality!

dealsgap2007004.jpg

Bedroom small.....but very comfortable beds!!!!, and KILLER A/C

dealsgap2007002.jpg

Cheoah Dam on the way to the "Dragon"

dealsgap2007046.jpg

No wonder the LEO's were out in full force....this squid was practicing on "picnic table" corner :angry:

dealsgap2007041.jpg

Bob(Venture), Me, and Dave(RT) at the Cheoah overlook.

cropped.jpg

Fontana Dam/lake.......60' below normal

dealsgap2007021.jpg

dealsgap2007009.jpg

Not much need for these this summer!

dealsgap2007012.jpg

I guess this meant "motorcycle friendly" at the Friendly Fields General Store.

dealsgap2007025.jpg

Our neighbor from Atlanta area came in on this canyon carver

dealsgap2007034.jpg

Obligatory shot of the Crossroads of Time

dealsgap2007035.jpg

Taken on the pass between Stecoah Gap and Robbinsville

dealsgap2007028.jpg

Looking down on Cheoah Dam from the "Dragon"

dealsgap2007036.jpg

4 days, 1,700 miles, great weather, outstanding roads(thanks Jeff Ashe for the heads up on 28 out of Franklin)good times. I already told the misses....next year I'll have to do 6-7 days. Too many roads, too little time!

John

Glad you enjoyed the ride. Would love to show you some super-secret roads sometime when we both are in the area.

I do miss riding those roads in the old Willys jeep, when most were dirt fire roads.