Corbin thumbs up

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me a big fan of Corbin. IMO the best "off-the-shelf" seat out there. Well made, awesome pans (much better than the OEM seat pans we see now-a-days). Yes, unfortunately this comes at the expense of weight though. My biggest gripe is that they are heavy. A well made product.

One of my first farkles on the FJR was a Corbin ...then up to Rick Mayer's for a custom. Rick's done a few seats for me and with coaching he does a nice job. However, he gives me the stink-eye when I tell him. "I want it firm -Like a Corbin". LOL and he doesn't get it that firm :-(

A well done custom[/] will always beat an off-the-shelf saddle.

Remember folks ...Corbin will do custom for you. I have a buddy who is a Corbin whore and he's got some very interesting stuff made for him from those folks. They're big. but they'll give you the 1-1 treatment ...you just need to make the effort on your end.

I'm also very happy with the Corbin seat I put on my 07. I originally bought the standard modular seat. With a 34" inseam, the lower seat height folded my legs up a bit more than I wanted, so I ordered a second one with 1" of extra foam added. I'm very pleased. The standard rider seat will soon be for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much did the Corbin lower your seating position?
Jill
Close to an inch I would guess.

It's noticeably lower and I wasn’t sure if I would like that, but I do. You have to remove the seat adjustment bracket altogether, so there is no seat height adjustment once the Corbin is installed. I used the lower position on the standard seat anyway; I actually prefer the even lower position of the Corbin.

Sorry, still haven’t had a chance to get pictures.

Did you order the "standard" Corbin build, or did you have them narrow the front a bit (for an even shorter reach/stance)?

Did you order the "standard" Corbin build, or did you have them narrow the front a bit (for an even shorter reach/stance)?
Standard
Hey jordylad, Couple of questions if ya dont mind.

Did ya get leather or vinyl?? and why?

Any of the mods ( stitching etc etc)??

Thanks for any info. I am planning on buying one soon. Dont have the funds yet for the custom.

Kenny

How much did the Corbin lower your seating position?
Jill
Close to an inch I would guess.

It's noticeably lower and I wasn’t sure if I would like that, but I do. You have to remove the seat adjustment bracket altogether, so there is no seat height adjustment once the Corbin is installed. I used the lower position on the standard seat anyway; I actually prefer the even lower position of the Corbin.

Sorry, still haven’t had a chance to get pictures.

OK, im not buying this. The reason I bought the corbin was because Im a shorty. 5'7" 30" inseam. I am tippy toed in the stock saddle. I read that the corbin seat actually is measured 1.5 inches lower then stock so I figured perfect. Well it is lower but its also wider, which brings you right back up again. I had ordered the leather, standard seat and didnt tell Corbin I was looking to get lower on the bike. I called them after I recieved the saddle and they told me to send it back and they would shave it down to get me lower. Negligable difference if any. If I sit with my crotch as far forward as possible I'm still on tip toe, there is no noticable difference at all. I still like the seat better then stock and it looks great on the bike but if your looking for a fix to get you flat footed this is not going to do it.

I'm guessing that JORDYLAD isnt "height inpaired" and just perseves that hes lower because he is in relationship to the windshield, but legs to the ground, no way.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, im not buying this. The reason I bought the corbin was because Im a shorty. 5'7" 30" inseam. I am tippy toed in the stock saddle. I read that the corbin seat actually is measured 1.5 inches lower then stock so I figured perfect. Well it is lower but its also wider, which brings you right back up again.
Thanks for that useful piece of advice Rondo. I have a Bill Mayer seat but he said it would have to be stock height, for LD comfort. The bike is lowered 7/8" but my inseam is a mere 26". On the flat roads of Los Angeles, I do OK but these Colorado mountains are testing my patience. Every time I have to park the bike, it's on some kind of hill or other. The bike has stayed upright so far but....... I've had a few puckering moments. It would seem that I would not gain anything by buying a Corbin seat.

Jill

Hey jordylad, Couple of questions if ya dont mind.
Did ya get leather or vinyl?? and why?

Any of the mods ( stitching etc etc)??

Thanks for any info. I am planning on buying one soon. Dont have the funds yet for the custom.

Kenny
No worries mate, happy to assist if I can.

Leather because I read in this forum that leather "moulds" to your butt better than vinyl. I had leather before and was very happy with it. I think it looks better and most likely breathes better too (with my sweaty butt on it, sorry for the TMI).

Stiching, yes I got the same stitching that appears on the Corbin website on the FJR. IMHO it looks great, very classy.

Pictures coming tomorrow, if I remember.

OK, im not buying this. The reason I bought the corbin was because Im a shorty. 5'7" 30" inseam. I am tippy toed in the stock saddle. I read that the corbin seat actually is measured 1.5 inches lower then stock so I figured perfect. Well it is lower but its also wider, which brings you right back up again.
Thanks for that useful piece of advice Rondo. I have a Bill Mayer seat but he said it would have to be stock height, for LD comfort. The bike is lowered 7/8" but my inseam is a mere 26". On the flat roads of Los Angeles, I do OK but these Colorado mountains are testing my patience. Every time I have to park the bike, it's on some kind of hill or other. The bike has stayed upright so far but....... I've had a few puckering moments. It would seem that I would not gain anything by buying a Corbin seat.

Jill
No problem Jill. Just hate to see you empty your wallet then be disapointed. You must be one tough cookie holding up that bike. I'm a big dude, only 5'7" but 220, lots of gym time and with 4 inches in the inseam on ya I know how heavy that bike can be. Kudos to you! :clapping: