Creeping up on an FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took me a very long time, but as of last week, I've finally got the wife's approval to get an FJR. :) Just have to get rid of my FZ-6 and track down an attractive deal. I think the many miles we've done two-up on the Fizzer finally convinced her that the comfort/room of the FJR is worth the upgrade. Not to mention the higher potential of overnighters to cool spots (the Fizzer simply can't carry as much when two-up...I like tenting it).
Congrats on that victory! One step closer to owning a feejer and now the really fun part begins for you. Unfortunately my wife isnt a rider right now... she rode when she was younger but doesnt seem to have the desire to ride now... pillion or otherwise. On the plus side that gets me some quiet time... Oh well.

Mine will come around, it is simply a matter of patience and since I cant ride right now anyway I have that in abundance... though seeing some of the sweet deals on 08s and 09s I've seen recently and letting them slip by is a little nerve wracking.

It took me a very long time, but as of last week, I've finally got the wife's approval to get an FJR. :) Just have to get rid of my FZ-6 and track down an attractive deal. I think the many miles we've done two-up on the Fizzer finally convinced her that the comfort/room of the FJR is worth the upgrade. Not to mention the higher potential of overnighters to cool spots (the Fizzer simply can't carry as much when two-up...I like tenting it).
Congrats on that victory! One step closer to owning a feejer and now the really fun part begins for you. Unfortunately my wife isnt a rider right now... she rode when she was younger but doesnt seem to have the desire to ride now... pillion or otherwise. On the plus side that gets me some quiet time... Oh well.

Mine will come around, it is simply a matter of patience and since I cant ride right now anyway I have that in abundance... though seeing some of the sweet deals on 08s and 09s I've seen recently and letting them slip by is a little nerve wracking.
Yea, my wife really enjoys it, but she gets pretty sore on the Fizzer after awhile...the FJR (equipped with a top case) really appeals to her, lol. She's off on biz trips all the time, so I get plenty of lonewolfing time as well. It helped that I backed off of wanting a new truck and decided to keep our '07 Rabbit, lol.

I want to jump right in and grab a FJR now, but while I have the approval of the committee, I still have to get my Fizzer back together and sold. It's a pile of parts right now as I've been doing swingarm maintenance and the like for the winter, lol. All in due time I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly recommend trading in your VTX for an FJR. I know it worked out well for me.
+1
Well, there are certainly a lot of thoughts on what you should do. I would call around to see what the best offer is on a 2010 FJR. From what I have read, there appears to be some good improvements coming. After the first of the year would be a good time to shop. Dealers are not selling a lot of new bikes in Jan/Feb. Keep the other bike till spring. You will be able to sell it for a better price. I have never traded in a bike at a dealership as they never offer what you can get on your own. If they offer a high price it is because they are inflating the price of the new bike.

...and I'm not a big fan of the "liquid silver" color. I think I like the 08 A color scheme the best followed by the 09 A. The 08 AE color is really nice but my car is the same color! It's looking like finding a new 08 A in the spring might be a bit of a challenge though.

...and I'm not a big fan of the "liquid silver" color. I think I like the 08 A color scheme the best followed by the 09 A. The 08 AE color is really nice but my car is the same color! It's looking like finding a new 08 A in the spring might be a bit of a challenge though.
You could try this place www.andrewscycles.com they are in Salem Ohio, I got my 06 from them after the 07's came out...it was still in the crate