Cup Holders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copron

Reaction score
Ok.....call me a wuss but I like to have my coffee or water on those long trips in the summer. Had a cup holder made by Shwinn on the cruiser and it spoiled me. So what do you fellows recommend or is it a subject best left alone.

This is the FJR Forum...we KNOW drama and are not likely to leave ANY subject alone! :yahoo:

There are those who have cup holders and many of us have water containers mounted on our bikes. To each his own. BUT, that will not stop many of us from commenting.

I did a search using Google: cup holders site:fjrforum.com

I hope you can find the information you seek. Happy reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is how I do mine... it probably is not the best for a long trip, but it works well for me.

It is attached by Velcro Straps, from the Handlebars, beside the Triple Tree Nut, and on the Cup.

032210_.jpg

Then put 2 flexible straws together so there in hardly any reach while riding.

Most of the Iron Butt guys and some that are not have drinking rigs set up on the bike. I use a Camelbak that serves me great...Especially since it has reflective material to the back.

Just so you know, BotachTactical is having a Camelbak Clearance, so you can get a 100oz insulated Camelbak for $19-$25 bucks. I picked up an $85 100oz mule for $25 bucks...The page is here Click Me

Most of the Iron Butt guys and some that are not have drinking rigs set up on the bike. I use a Camelbak that serves me great...Especially since it has reflective material to the back.
Just so you know, BotachTactical is having a Camelbak Clearance, so you can get a 100oz insulated Camelbak for $19-$25 bucks. I picked up an $85 100oz mule for $25 bucks...The page is here Click Me
Thanks for the tip 'Zilla, I just ordered a mule.

I got mine last week. It's frigging awesome. Too big for the bike I think, but perfect for hunting and hiking. I use a 70oz version on the bike. It's perfect.

I got mine last week. It's frigging awesome. Too big for the bike I think, but perfect for hunting and hiking. I use a 70oz version on the bike. It's perfect.
I'm thinking it may work well enough on the KLR to hold some tools and emergency kit, as well as water. On trails it may work well enough. I'm hoping I can use it on trips through the desert in summer too, because I can't seem to keep enough water in me to stay hydrated. I have a Skyway hydration unit but the wife wants to ride more this year so that won't work well for me. I have a small 1 liter camelback which is OK but doesn't help with storage of "incidentals". I'm hoping the mule will give me options for various kinds of rides unless it really is that big.

I'm thinking it may work well enough on the KLR to hold some tools and emergency kit, as well as water. On trails it may work well enough. I'm hoping I can use it on trips through the desert in summer too, because I can't seem to keep enough water in me to stay hydrated. I have a Skyway hydration unit but the wife wants to ride more this year so that won't work well for me. I have a small 1 liter camelback which is OK but doesn't help with storage of "incidentals". I'm hoping the mule will give me options for various kinds of rides unless it really is that big.

No...It's not that big. That is another thing I thought it would be perfect for, but I don't have that kind of bike yet. Looked at some GS Adventures with my brother yesterday, but I'm kind of really jonesing for a KLR. It has two good size pockets that will hold an MRE and some tools, TP, and a firearm etc...

I use a 2.5 liter bladder only .I stand it up at the back of my tank bag.I run the hose out of the zipper , loop the hose around in one loop around the outside of my tankbag,and clip the bite nozzle to my map pouch. Set the cruise and have a drink.

I did a search using Google: cup holders site:fjrforum.comI hope you can find the information you seek. Happy reading!
That search turns up this nifty-looking RAM cupholder:

Img_0290.jpg

But no info on where to find one. I did another Google search and found Cycle Gadgets sells it, and I'm going to snag one from them. I want something to hold the standard fast food cups, so that rules out the camelbak and other stuff.

Ya know, I have a neat one myself. When I get to the homestead, I'll try to remember to post up a picture.

Very inexpensive and can be removed without trying to hard. It's a suction mount with an adjustable strap to hold different types of drinks. Made of stainless steel support stand and bottom. Thin enough to carry in saddle and just plop it on the tank when need some fluids...kinda like I did yesterday when that cold snap caught me up north in Palestine...

So do you guys drink from a cup in a cup holder while riding? I have a full face helmet so I really don't see how practical that is for me anyway. But just curious...

I like to know too. I do have a modular helmet but if I raised the front up at speed I might rip my head off.

So do you guys drink from a cup in a cup holder while riding? I have a full face helmet so I really don't see how practical that is for me anyway. But just curious...
Hey, I once saw a Goldwing go by with the driver munching chips from a bag in his lap... :blink: