Dealer Says PDP is No Longer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bkbennett

Reaction score
Went to my local dealer (Bob Shultz, St Charles, MO) this morning to look around, and to my astonishment, there sits a brand new '06 in Cobalt Blue within 10 ft of his front door.

I said, "Who backed out of this sale?" And the sales manager said, "Nobody. Yamaha stopped the PDP in May, and we ordered one to put on the floor for sale."

I apologize if this is news to no one, but I keep seeing threads about waiters. I thought you'd like to know if you don't already.

I spent a few minutes going over the bike and comparing it to my '05. I like most of what Yamaha has done. The windsreen, seat, mirrors and luggage rack are the obvious changes, for me.

Went to my local dealer (Bob Shultz, St Charles, MO) this morning to look around, and to my astonishment, there sits a brand new '06 in Cobalt Blue within 10 ft of his front door.
I said, "Who backed out of this sale?" And the sales manager said, "Nobody. Yamaha stopped the PDP in May, and we ordered one to put on the floor for sale."

I apologize if this is news to no one, but I keep seeing threads about waiters. I thought you'd like to know if you don't already.

I spent a few minutes going over the bike and comparing it to my '05. I like most of what Yamaha has done. The windsreen, seat, mirrors and luggage rack are the obvious changes, for me.
Chesterfield Powersports has an '06 AE and an '06 A on the floor. Oh, and a used '05 as well. Guess they're just not so popular in our area.

BTW, let's get together for a ride someday. :thumbsup:

And the sales manager said, "Nobody. Yamaha stopped the PDP in May, and we ordered one to put on the floor for sale."
I would suggest taking what the sales manager with a serious grain of salt unless you find it from a more authoritative source.......like Yamaha Corporate.

+1 iggy.

A model's may have open stock,

but AE's shouldn't be open stock deliveries until August.

The stealer may not want you to think someone backed out (and $500 is gone -- if the dealer put $500 and listed under someone elses name, may want to recover all monies.) who knows... :huh: :huh:

I don’t know anything about the status of the PDP. :( However, I do know where there is an AE sitting on the show-room floor. It wasn’t the result of back-peddling.

This happened last year too. I know of at least 3 FJR's in the Sacramento area in June/July of 05 (one is mine). I was at a dealer on Saturday that had two AE's in stock.

May not be a "back out". May be a dealer that falsified a PdP using a "ghost" buyer's name. Under the terms of the PdP the dealer has to show Yamaha that the bike was delivered to the PdP purchaser within 15 days of it arriving at the dealership. That means the clock on the OEM 1 year warranty is already ticking.

And don't scoff. Someone in the past month got burned by just such a "deal". Dealer/salesman sold them a "floor model" that ended up being identified as "used" by Yamaha and with only some fraction of the OEM warranty remaining. I suspect if you do a forum search for "fraud", "cheat" or some other choice words, you might be able to find the original thread.

Be a sceptic and ask the tough questions about these "deals".

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up an A model last week, had a dealer tell me how much trouble Yamaha threatend the dealers with...he now has three AE models that he didn't order. I think there is 5 AE and 3 A models sitting on the floor in the Minneapolis area. I was quoted $13,200 on an AE, $12,499 on an A.

PTP

Here is what I've heard:

There was an overrun of FJRs this year and Yamaha has allowed dealers to purchase as open stock if they so desire. I have heard that my local dealers have 1-3 on the floor as of a few days ago at each place (4 local 30 mile radius)

TONY......

Here is what I've heard:
There was an overrun of FJRs this year and Yamaha has allowed dealers to purchase as open stock if they so desire. I have heard that my local dealers have 1-3 on the floor as of a few days ago at each place (4 local 30 mile radius)

TONY......

I got the same story from my dealer a few months ago. She said they could order for the floor plan if they wished. She ordered an A and an E for stock.

I don't claim to know the facts, but I do know that the PDP was not closed 12/31 as planned. I ordered mine on 1/4, and got it in early May. This tells me that MamaYama did not get as many orders as they had hoped. So it seems reasonable that they just kept building extras.

As someone said, we know they did that last year because I had dealers telling me late last summer that they had been told by Yamaha that there were FJRs sitting in the warehouse available to any dealer who wanted one.

Dang boys. Rehash.

This has all been covered in great detail previously. Lotecredneck - Tony the dealer from Texarkana has given us all the skinny on extension of the initial PDP program, and how dealers where able to order both A and AE models for just for flooring. These were to arrive later in the summer after PDP models were delivered.

You want real info instead of going back and forth with rumor, innuendo, and conjecture? Go find some of Lotecredneck's old posts.

Dang boys. Rehash.
This has all been covered in great detail previously. Lotecredneck - Tony the dealer from Texarkana has given us all the skinny on extension of the initial PDP program, and how dealers where able to order both A and AE models for just for flooring. These were to arrive later in the summer after PDP models were delivered.

You want real info instead of going back and forth with rumor, innuendo, and conjecture? Go find some of Lotecredneck's old posts.
If it's been covered in "great detail", how come many of us have never seen it posted? I'm not saying it hasn't been posted, but I am saying the detail must not have been all that great.

And if you are so much against "Rehash", I suggest you re-think that comment. I'm on many car and motorcycle forums. If Rehash were to become banned by the forums, the forums would cease to exist after about six months. It's the nature of forums seeing as how so many people come and go on forums.

It does not seem like good news if there are extra FJRs sitting around at the end of the model year for a couple of years in a row. It would indicate that they are not selling as well as Yamaha had planned and that means they will probably cut the R&D budget for the next upgrade.

Dang boys. Rehash.

If it's been covered in "great detail", how come many of us have never seen it posted? I'm not saying it hasn't been posted, but I am saying the detail must not have been all that great.

And if you are so much against "Rehash", I suggest you re-think that comment. I'm on many car and motorcycle forums. If Rehash were to become banned by the forums, the forums would cease to exist after about six months. It's the nature of forums seeing as how so many people come and go on forums.

All Scooter is saying is that instead of spreading rumors, do a search and find facts instead of rumors. Just because you missed it or failed to pay attention to a certain thread doesn't mean it didn't get discussed openly and at length. Soem of us have been onboard these forums for over 4 years now and the heresay is incredible but very entertaining.

BTW, let's get together for a ride someday. :thumbsup:

There's a few of us in the StL area, but no rides yet. I try to go out with the HSTA guys but have only made one this year.

Hopefully I'll make the Aug 5 ride.

Perhaps because you were too lazy to get off your ass and read the info when it was right in front of your face?

I sure as hell wasn't hiding it from you. No conspiracy going on here.

And as for Rehash - do it all you like. But please, at least do it with same accurate information that had been posted previously.

Sheesh! F'in newbies.

Have a nice day!

All Scooter is saying is that instead of spreading rumors, do a search and find facts instead of rumors. Just because you missed it or failed to pay attention to a certain thread doesn't mean it didn't get discussed openly and at length. Soem of us have been onboard these forums for over 4 years now and the heresay is incredible but very entertaining.
Thanks for watchin my back, mate!

Thanks for watchin my back, mate!
buttkiss.gif
buttkiss.gif
buttkiss.gif
buttkiss.gif
buttkiss.gif
buttkiss.gif
buttkiss.gif

:****:

Because it's increasingly difficult if not impossible to read everything on the forum and still have a day job.

With about 37 seconds of searching with the search term +priority +delivery +program you could easily find references here, here, and here.

I'm sure there are more if you bother to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.