December BBQ in the Central Coast

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khunajawdge

Toto El Mundo!
Reaction score
FJR RIDER'S BBQ; to remember Andrew Knight (OrangevaleFJR) - Saturday, December 15, 2007.

I have a 2 acre spread just outside of Los Osos on Los Osos Valley Road. It is Semi-rural. I have room for people to camp in tents, if it isn't wet, out on the acreage. I have entertained many groups here at the hacienda including the Concours Owner's Group (of which I was an area officer = SWAAD or South West Area “Associate” Director), before I purchased my FJR. I can BBQ a full steer on my 4x8' BBQ or roast a goat or a pig (done these a few times), but for a group of up to 20, I think Carnitas would be a good choice. Carnitas = (stringy pork shoulder meat or “Boston Butt”) is cooked in melted lard in a copper kettle over a wood fire. Carnitas can be served with pasole, or it can be made into Tostados, Burritos, & Tacos etc. with other trimmings. In the past, when I have cooked for THE COG, I charged $10.00/head for the food. I will purchase the necessary items and cook all day as my contribution. Iced Tea will be provided. If you want bring a favorite beverage or dish to pass (some food item?), then that would be great. You are encouraged to ride safe, AND NOT DRINK AND RIDE.

DSCF1535.jpg

Rest rooms at the Khunajawdge Hacienda consist of one toilet. I “must” recommend the rental of a Porta Potti (Harvey’s Honey Huts) to keep my septic tank from backing up. This would add another 10.00/person to the anny, or = $20.00/head. This IS Los Osos after all, which has its water/sewer problems well documented.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Osos,_California

Camping –

Now, here's the rub; I can't really make this "the BIG Campout". The reason is NO SHOWERS! I can't guarantee more than a "few" showers in our home for multiple guests. I "do" have a military bivuac type outdoor shower head, that I could set up under a blue tarp, but the well water will be COLD!

For those who want to Motel it - I suggest these venues; The Pleasant Inn = 805 772 8521 or the Sundown Motel = 805 772 7381, both of these are in Morro Bay, about 6 miles from my place in Los Osos. Both are between 2 and 3 stars, so Not expensive yet, both are clean!

So, if you want to attend the ride in and BBQ you can send payment to RSVP by 12/7 in the amount of $20 to paypal account ([email protected]).

Note: this is a paypal account and not an email address. No refunds.

A map and arrival info will be posted later in early December depending on interest in this topic.

A Khunajawdge & Barabus co-production.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw, shucks! You guys didn't have to throw me a birthday party! You guys are the best! :lol:

What time are eats? If a mid-day affair, I'd ride home afterwards... But it sounds too good to pass up!

/Begins plans.

FJR RIDER'S BBQ - Saturday, December 14, 2007.

A Khunajawdge & Barabus co-production.
Friday the 14th, or Saturday the 15th?
Sorry Hcycle.

It's Saturday (fixed it on the original post & thanks for noticing!), and it'll be a luncheon at 12:30 - 2:00PM.

Some of ya's "might" wanna ride up/down/over the night before? Let me know when you know & are ready to anny up?

Okay, I have camped with KJ and had a great time. We really started talking about this in the Spring after a great riding and camping trip with Barrie, KJ and myself at Lake Isabella. These guys that really knows how to camp, ride, and have fun. In all likelihood, Jean will be there with a car to take riders back to your hotel after a few adult beverages. I will be there, too.

Thanks for the invite KJ. Barry had mentioned this a while back with such enthusiasm that I was close to breaking my 'Will never camp again' motto. Sadly, I will have rejoined the masses who have to work for a living by then, and that is my work weekend :(

Hope you guys have fun.

Jill

Thanks for the invite KJ. Barry had mentioned this a while back with such enthusiasm that I was close to breaking my 'Will never camp again' motto. Sadly, I will have rejoined the masses who have to work for a living by then, and that is my work weekend :(
Hope you guys have fun.

Jill
Jill -

Hey, you are welcome to the Khunajawdge hacienda anytime! Sorry you can't make it this time! Camping is only one way to land here however(?). I'm looking at a "resonable" turnout on this one! Just got a deal on pork shoulder at a local market = Spencers.

I'm just trying to do what I "can do" for all you FJR riders! :yahoo:

Note; I "think" there is a killer whale at the San Diego Marine World named "Kandu", No?

Sherri and I are in. We'll ride down Friday night late, and be there all day Saturday, We'll probably stay in a hotel rather than camp. Paypal sent.

I'll bring a bunch of my home made salsa and ingredients for guacamole. Carnitas tacos on soft shell corn tortillas with guacamole...mmmm...goooood.

Sherri and I are in. We'll ride down Friday night late, and be there all day Saturday, We'll probably stay in a hotel rather than camp. Paypal sent.
I'll bring a bunch of my home made salsa and ingredients for guacamole. Carnitas tacos on soft shell corn tortillas with guacamole...mmmm...goooood.
Carnitas? Home-made salsa? Perhaps a few adult-beverages? This is sounding more tempting by the hour. I've been able to get the Saturday off work. The Sunday is on our next schedule and is a probably-maybe that I can get that day off too.

Not quite ready to commit yet, but getting closer. Andy is delighted with the idea that I may be persuaded to camp. He is a camper. So far, I'm not.

Jill

Carnitas? Home-made salsa? Perhaps a few adult-beverages? This is sounding more tempting by the hour. I've been able to get the Saturday off work. The Sunday is on our next schedule and is a probably-maybe that I can get that day off too.

Not quite ready to commit yet, but getting closer. Andy is delighted with the idea that I may be persuaded to camp. He is a camper. So far, I'm not.

Jill
Wait till Jill sees my idea of camping.. :rolleyes:

Jill

Ahwwwww the wife and I need room service....lol Anyhoot 2 hour ride home for me make for a nice long day though

Jdog

Is it anything like DH's idea of camping? Sleeping bag and tarp required. Everything else, including tent optional? If you eat dinner on the road, you don't need to worry about food until the next dinner?

I'm holding out for a basic tent, some kind of sleeping pad, a sleeping bag and a porta-jon. That's about as low as my standards will allow. And I will NOT ride my own FJR off the paved road. :)

Jill

Is it anything like DH's idea of camping? Sleeping bag and tarp required. Everything else, including tent optional? If you eat dinner on the road, you don't need to worry about food until the next dinner?

I'm holding out for a basic tent, some kind of sleeping pad, a sleeping bag and a porta-jon. That's about as low as my standards will allow. And I will NOT ride my own FJR off the paved road. :)

Jill
Yep. Basic camping 101..... :rolleyes:

HarleyInCamper.jpg

As per Toecutter's suggestion in his new topic Ride to remember Andrew

Orangevale is a little far for me to attend a ride on a Wednesday in this, the "season to be jolly", sooo....

I'm going to re-introduce this topic as a ride/BBQ to remember Andrew.

There may be a T-Shirt in the making or at the very least a photo available.

Ironically, the first riders to who had annied up to attend this BBQ were Sherri and Andrew.