December BBQ in the Central Coast

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
]
Orangevale is a little far for me to attend a ride on a Wednesday in this, the "season to be jolly", sooo....

I'm going to re-introduce this topic as a ride/BBQ to remember Andrew.

There may be a T-Shirt in the making or at the very least a photo available.
I'm still working on getting the Sunday off work, but since I wasn't able to get to the Memorial Service, I may just have to take the day off to be at this special event. Count us in as 99% certain to be there.

Andy's keen - he bought the camping gear last weekend.

Jill

I hope to be able to make it up for the gathering but I may not know for sure until the last minute. How late may I RSVP?

I hope to be able to make it up for the gathering but I may not know for sure until the last minute. How late may I RSVP?
Hey, It's (Isamacorp) err ahh....MCML

It said "this" on the first post;

"So, if you want to attend the ride in and BBQ you can send payment to RSVP by 12/7 in the amount of $20 to paypal account ([email protected])."

It's my plan, and I'm sticking to it! :cowboy:

My goof. I picked up reading the thread further down the line. So, if I can make it there, but don't know by Pearl Harbor Day, I'll either stay home or show up with a sack lunch and my own porta-potty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jolly good! The more the merrier. This is going to be fun.
Jill
OK, just to add another enticement? Here's some pictures of the err(?) campgound? It's in an olive orchard!

The Crop

DSCF3005.jpg

Pickin' the Crop

DSCF3003.jpg

Product

DSCF3006.jpg

"Frankentracktor"

DSCF3008.jpg

Note: "Frankentractor" was originally a Kubota B6000E which currently "features" a Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000 motorcycle) radiator. :cowboy:

I am supposed to be in Los Feliz on Friday afternoon so I am probably going to leave from there. Anyone else planning on being up there Friday night. Also anyone going up from the LA/OC/IE/SD area on friday and want to make the trip together.

I am supposed to be in Los Feliz on Friday afternoon so I am probably going to leave from there. Anyone else planning on being up there Friday night. Also anyone going up from the LA/OC/IE/SD area on friday and want to make the trip together.
Hey Steve -

If you need to crash on Friday, you can do so at my place.

For anybody else, it's time to anny up so I can plan to recieve you guys! The PayPal addy is in the 1st post of this thread. If you are just coming for lunch, then $10/person is OK. Camping overnight is $20/person (I gotta know who is doing what (?), so I can order the Porta Potti).

There has been some interest on this thread and in PM'S but the PayPal thing is lagging! Thanks for your attention!

Anyone putting together a route for Saturday morning and afternoon and Sunday morning. I was thinking, Up to the Big Sur area and back on PCH. It shows 200 miles and less than four hours. Great scenery. Khunajawdge any recommendations.

What is the timing of the BBQ.

If we need some light utensils, refridgerator and serving dish (bowl) to prepair our side dish will that be an issue.

Anyone putting together a route for Saturday morning and afternoon and Sunday morning. I was thinking, Up to the Big Sur area and back on PCH. It shows 200 miles and less than four hours. Great scenery. Khunajawdge any recommendations.
What is the timing of the BBQ.

If we need some light utensils, refridgerator and serving dish (bowl) to prepair our side dish will that be an issue.
Andy, Barry and I will be leaving early (but not TOO early) on Saturday morning, from Huntington Beach and probably taking PCH. What sort of time is everyone else arriving? Pitching our tent has to be done after the first few beers but before the last few. :) This is how we have practiced the skill!

As for the ride home, it would be nice to be home before dark but not have to get up real early after a hearty night of partying. So, any route that fits those parameters will be considered.

Jill