DFW area group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link, tripleT. I am really interested in the course for women riders only that Ducati has. You have to go to Italy to take it. Think that might be the course for me!

;)

Thanks for the link, tripleT. I am really interested in the course for women riders only that Ducati has. You have to go to Italy to take it. Think that might be the course for me! ;)
Italy in the Spring. Perfect!

Hey Richard,
Rick in OKC here, Hows the leg? Leasa and I might shoot down one weekend and ride around with you longhorns. We can only do Saturdays or weekend deals, Sunday only gets us back too late.

Have you got any long trips planned? I haven't heard anything about the SWFOG this year. We should take a spin to Mena this spring (or sooner)!
Hi Rick! Well no problem with the leg. Yes good idea on the rides. We are kinda firming stuff up down here about where to go. Mena sounds good as does the interior of AR.

If you want to go further the hill country is bonzer.

Further still BBend.

March 3 I am off down to Orange Beach with the DFW Honda (owner is friend hates the FJR!) group to Orange Beach.

There was supposed to be a SWFOG put on by the guys from Phoenix that are pros at it. Haven't heard a dam thing. Going to Reno and Boone for the west and east meetings. Reno is going to be a real production looks like and Boone has some great roads around it in NC and TN.

Keep checking the thread for updates.

R

Since we're all throwing in 2 cents I thought why not. I fly out every Sunday afternoon so I could do coffee before you guys head out but likely wouldn't be able to join you in many rides.

Since we're all throwing in 2 cents I thought why not. I fly out every Sunday afternoon so I could do coffee before you guys head out but likely wouldn't be able to join you in many rides.
Tejas, y'all want to ride a little this Saturday?

Since we're all throwing in 2 cents I thought why not.  I fly out every Sunday afternoon so I could do coffee before you guys head out but likely wouldn't be able to join you in many rides.
Hey FJRA I am ready. Where to this time?

Well Richard, that depends. I made an offer to Tejas about something closer in and a little more relaxed to accomodate a newer rider and that is first on the list. If that isn't in the cards though, maybe North to St. Jo and Muenster and back over to Ray Roberts or something like that.

Tejas, if you all can get away Saturday, I'm still in. OR any combination. I just want to ride.

Muenster to Ray Roberst sounds good to me or anything else for that matter.

It looks like I may be able to ride tomorrow.

If you guys work something out, post up, I'd like to join if OK.

Mark

Who's up to meet tomorrow at [SIZE=14pt]4:30pm[/SIZE] at the Grapevine Mills to see "The World's Fastest Indian"?

I was out voted for other locations and times. See y'all there if you can make it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the late reply. I caught a nasty flu bug earlier this week that completely kicked my butt most of the week. Regardless, think I'll have to pass on the ride tomorrow. I promised the girls I'd take them to River Legacy Park Satuday. But if you guys are going to maybe having an early cup of coffee somewhere before heading out, I sure wouldn't mind coming out to at least drink a cup and seeing you guys off. Don't know what you guys might have had in mind so certainly don't work around my schedule but I figure I have until about 10 am or so to get my coffee and get home. Just let me know.

Since we're all throwing in 2 cents I thought why not.  I fly out every Sunday afternoon so I could do coffee before you guys head out but likely wouldn't be able to join you in many rides.
Really appreciate the offer Jim, but baby-sitting didn't work out like we had planned for Saturday and decided to take my girls to the park instead. Can't commit that far in advance really, but I'll see if we can't get something lined up on our end for Feb 18th.

Really appreciate the offer Jim, but baby-sitting didn't work out like we had planned for Saturday and decided to take my girls to the park instead. Can't commit that far in advance really, but I'll see if we can't get something lined up on our end for Feb 18th.
No problem Tejas, the offer stands.

So does anyone want to ride in a northerly direction tomorrow? Maybe loop through St Jo and Muenster?

or we could do it Sunday.

I know it's kinda late right now.

sent you an email with my phone numbers Jim. If you guys do plan something, give me a holler tomorrow morning and maybe I'll catch up with you guys. (I'm usually up making pancakes by about 7:30 on Saturday mornings)

Well I've been lurking around here and no one has posted about a ride today. I guess it is too cold this morning for Texas riders. In about 30~40 minutes I am gonna saddleup and head north. Decatur, and points north. See if the strange art is still out there.

Edit: Looks like no takers. I'll likely stop at the Exxon at the intersction of 287 and 51 for some coffee if someone is looking.

C'ya later

Hope you had a good ride Jim. I'm going to go make a quick loop of Eagle Mountain Lake first thing tomorrow to see if I should put it on Sarah's list.

I had a good ride. Got a couple of new pics of the phone pole art, followed the intersecting road to a very scenic valley where I decided to turn back when the pavement ended. If I get to where I can afford a second bike it will definatly be a DS. From there I rode up to Bonita, and on up to Spanish Fort. There is and never was a fort there, just a historical marker. The ride there is very nice though. Well maintained roads and one sweeper after another and a view of the Devils Backbone. From there, back to Muenster for lunch at The Center. Good German food at very reasonable prices. Then back south for some exploring. Home by 5. Just 250 miles, but a nice afternoon ride.

Tejas, did you find a route around Eagle Mt.? I know that area only too well. Hope every one had a safe weekend. Next weekends weather is looking a bit cooler and hopefully the Wilburs will come in soon. May be a few weeks before I get out on a long ride again. ON the other hand, the Metz's have one more good ride left in them. Hmmmmm.

I tell ya what. Cager traffic on a Sunday morning around 7:45 is about perfect! I only clocked a bit over a hundred miles but it was nice to be home having a late breakfast with the girls and not feel like I had cut out a big chunk of time.

It was a nice morning ride and I only had to turn around twice. I think I need to print out a little more detailed map of the area on the North half of the lake.

Dang with an invitation like that, who can refuse??? Unfortunately I may have to pass. Doing Valentine's related stuff this weekend. I might stop by and join you guys for a cup of coffee with the whole family though if you guys do get together.