DFW area group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bran--bran--I don't need no stinking bran! Actually, I don't have any problem carrying my bran with me on the bike. But I have been trying to figure out how I can carry my walking cane on the bike without it getting caught in the spokes.

No no, not there, much to uncomfortable on a long trip. :haha:

Just remember, kids....they do serve coffee here at the oasis on joe pool lake. You may have to bring your own bran....everyone else does.....to feed the fish.

Looks as though it will be pretty cold in the mornings this weekend. I believe I will take the cage tomorrow and see my grandbabies in Denison.

0dot, does the oasis have coffee on Sundays too? I think my gear will handle subfreezing temps. The Wilburs shipped this afternoon, so will probably have the bike down next weekend for upgrades :D

Weekend after that will be time for our monthly meeting. :cownoy:

Fresh coffee everyday.....might bug the employees here if you want refills all the time.....like me.

Well, last weekend came and went and only fjrchik noticed.
Anyone want to get together for coffee and visit Saturday morning?

Hello? Is this thing on?
I am running races at Rush Creek Yacht Club. FJRA i created 7.5 by mixing 10 and 5. All Wilbers stuff installed bike rides and handles like it should.

3t, just curious, what brand variation fork oil did you use?

I finally did the ride on the West side of PK last weekend. so so ride but found some nice less touristy places on the lake.

Looking at making the big circle around Stephenville for my next trick. If anyone is interested, maybe a dry weekend this month. Flexable.

Enjoy the races. :thumbup:

I gotta work. This should be the last Saturday as this assignment is ending next week. Catalog is about to go to press! Wahoo!

Maybe I'll have a bike to show up on soon?!?! I'm really hopin to hear something next week. If not, I have a feeling it won't be here til the end of the month.

Jim---I am loose Saturday [actually I am loose everyday since I was let out to pasture], and I finally got the RT back. I can meet you anywhere. You name it. Will ride if it's not raining.

John

John, sorry for not posting sooner.

The son of some close friends was found by the Ft Worth PD on the side of a major street there about 1am friday unconcious and 50ft from his scoot.

We've been kinda up in the air today, but he finally woke up and looks like he will be ok.

Probably not up for saturday am right now. I will check here for possible Sunday.

3t, just curious, what brand variation fork oil did you use? I finally did the ride on the West side of PK last weekend. so so ride but found some nice less touristy places on the lake.

Looking at making the big circle around Stephenville for my next trick. If anyone is interested, maybe a dry weekend this month. Flexable.

Enjoy the races. :thumbup:
Silkolene 5 and 10w 50/50. Front end stiffer as springs are stronger. Much less dive. Same oil quantity in each fork as came out. Same suspension settings at front. Wilbers rear almost eliminates squat.

Bike much more balanced.

Ride compliant but firmer.

I will be back around 10th of April.

John, sorry for not posting sooner. The son of some close friends was found by the Ft Worth PD on the side of a major street there about 1am friday unconcious and 50ft from his scoot.

We've been kinda up in the air today, but he finally woke up and looks like he will be ok.

Probably not up for saturday am right now. I will check here for possible Sunday.
That is not good. Hope he is still with us.

I saw someone on an 05 this morning while I was coming to work. He (I'm assuming here) was headed south on 35W in Fort Worth and was prolly around the racetrack or Cabela's when I passed him. It was about 9:30 am. Sure made me jealous. I'm currently on my 22nd hour of overtime right now and would much rather be out ridin. But at least I'm getting paid hourly and this OT is gonna pay for my farkles!! The first of which was on my doorstep last night - priority plus stoplight thingy. Now I just need a bike to put it on!

Man, sorry about being so negligent of the forums lately. I've been busy trying to get the thundercat ready for next weekend. Old friend from Michigan is flying in to DFW next Thurs so we can do a 3 day weekend ride to the hill country. He's renting an FZ6 from a place in Keller. Anyway, I'll be better about checking in to see what's going on.

Don't let it happen again. We'll make this your first warning and I am putting a letter in your file. Shame on you to disrespect us like that.

Just got back from a week in Denver. Nice and about mid-60's in the day, but 30's and 20's some days. Just missed all the bad weather, so it could have been worse.

hey, I was in denver a couple of days ago. We were moving the memphis grizzlies there from L.A. Then the next day we moved them to seattle. The weather was nice. And tejasfjr....I am glad we had this conversation. I hope you have learned something from it.