Do you always wear a helmet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All gear..all the time. Can't believe I've made it to the age I am now...don't want to blow it because I was being more stupid than in the past.

Wear your gear....it only takes a few minutes more of your time verses having NO time. :erm:

Lessee. My motorcycle once made a sudden stop and I didn't. Result, I went head (face) first into a steel post at 30-35 mph wearing a full face helmet. I had a minor concussion. The EMT said that my eyes were open, but I was babbling. I told her that my behavior was not a symptom of injury. They tell me that at work all the time. Guess what the result would have been without helmet.

Another: highside at about 30 mph. I flapped my arms as hard as I could, but to no avail. I hit the asphalt and gravel side-of-face first and slid some distance. Helmet was torn to crap, but I was still beautilful. :rolleyes: :D

Both times I had all my gear on.

Yup! I wear all gear all the time.

Ron

No. I remember I once moved the bike from the street, up the driveway and into the garage. IIRC, I didn't wear gloves, either. Other than that....I will ride to church or the store, 1/2 mile away, 1 signal and 1 stop sign, without riding pants.

Otherwise: all the gear, all the time.

Can't imagine riding without a full face helmet. Even with our brutal heat and humidity in Texas, I would feel naked without it.

Wearing a helmet is a beautiful thing

Smart people wear condoms and smart people wear helmets to protect against those unforseen ciiircumstances........ Ask some one with a preventable head injury that a helmet could have prevented. he(she) may not be able to answer

With the exception of pulling the bike into the garage after a bath...all gear all the time. Dirt or street. No exceptions...

Thanks to kaitsdad for resurrecting that site. It was on another thread somewhere, and I once looked for it to cite examples to some skullcap wearing hog friends of mine. It amazes me that I have to explain to people why they need to wear gear.

I've never tried riding without my helmet but I have thought about it a couple of times when I was riding out in the middle of the desert. I'd like a choice but that doesn't mean my choice would be any different than I make right now...bugs in the teeth don't really appeal to me.

Ever think that the guvment reasoning to require helmets is not really to reduce the burden on society or protect us, but is designed to keep us alive and PAYING TAXES! Them politician types are just protectin' themselves and their wallet.

Don't shoot! Just stirrin' the pot-being a smart-ass.

I actually always wear one when riding.

Couldn't help it, Skoot. This one got deep a few pages back. (worse than the oil one)

Please, do go on....
Lounging%20Kangaroo.jpg

I see plenty of cruisers (mostly American) and rice rockets with out lids. Never seen a FJR or BMW with a lidless rider. (Say something about motorcylist intelligence?) And not to bad mouth canucks but at Laconia a few years ago I noticed that 2/3 of the canucks were wearing no helmets and a few had sandles on. WTF?

To answer the question : I always do. ATGATT- a good policy I learned here.

Jerome