Does This Fuel Cell Make My Ass Look Big?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All you need to do is paint the fuel cell the same yellow as all the other bits......
punk.gif

Waiting to see what the range (and fuel economy) works out to for an entire tank running at nominal. Keep us posted!

- Colin

You really ought to put some decals or stickers on that thing! The bare metal looks, well, bare.
Done, but not in the picture above. This is 1 of about 8 stickers I created and attached last night for amusement of my fellow riders.

01+obewan.jpg

This is not the fuel cell you're looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
All you need to do is paint the fuel cell the same yellow as all the other bits......
punk.gif
I couldn't fit it in my oven to powder coat it with the 2 pounds of spare "Caterpillar Safety Yellow" I own.....which is probably good as full of fuel it would have probably exploded anyway. I'm sticking with stickers on this single-purpose fuel cell.

Yes your ass looks bigger. There's enough area on that cell for aliens to land a drone, be careful on those pee stops.

Good luck on the ride and kick some LD butt!

From your initial post, it sounds like you are going with a gravity feed?

Wish the best riding for you. You do know the side cases could have carried fuel also. I heard someone did that before. LOL

...I'm sticking with stickers on this single-purpose fuel cell.
[Assist]

0414_fluxsign_300.jpg

[/Assist]
That exact one is one of the other eight!

Another one that will require bifocals:

WARNING: If Fuel Cell begins to smell, smoke, leak, ooze, or undergo spontaneous fission--stop breathing, seek shelter, cover your head, and count to 10. Do not point, look at, or refer to Fuel Cell directly. Discontinue use of Fuel Cell if any of the following occurs: itching, vertigo, dizziness, tingling in the nether regions, slurred speech, profuse seating, growth of more than two nipples, heart palpitations, or loss of balance or coordination. Fuel Cell may reflect sun irritatingly into the eyes. Fuel Cell contains a nougat center, which, if exposed due to rupture, should not be touched, inhaled, or looked at. Fuel Cell may stick to certain types of skin. Do not taunt Fuel Cell.

WARNING: If Fuel Cell begins to smell, smoke, leak, ooze, or undergo spontaneous fission--stop breathing, seek shelter, cover your head, and count to 10. Do not point, look at, or refer to Fuel Cell directly. Discontinue use of Fuel Cell if any of the following occurs: itching, vertigo, dizziness, tingling in the nether regions, slurred speech, profuse seating, growth of more than two nipples, heart palpitations, or loss of balance or coordination. Fuel Cell may reflect sun irritatingly into the eyes. Fuel Cell contains a nougat center, which, if exposed due to rupture, should not be touched, inhaled, or looked at. Fuel Cell may stick to certain types of skin. Do not taunt Fuel Cell.
I think that right there answers the initial question for you!
tongue.png

I think that right there answers the initial question for you!
tongue.png
My QC efforts need work at the same time I made a pun! I will probably leave that. :)

WARNING:...growth of more than two nipples....
Are you saying if someone only grows two additional nipples its ok? Cuz the two we have are already there. That can't be good.

Oh, and someone needs to do something about that poor bike's paint job.

Good luck, stay safe and have fun. Don't stress out that I'm calling two of my Nevada Highway Patrol buddies as I type this.

Hope a catheter came with that sucker. Good luck, report back on how it feels to ride a fuel tanker in a small boat regata and provide pictures (preferably video) of all reportable incidents.

Having participated in my first rally (Big Money Rally) this year, I have new appreciation for the fortitude, conviction, mindset, and madness that one needs for the types of rallies like you're doing, Matt, as well as the IBR. The BMR rally spans almost five months and I have weeks to play routes, bonus points, etc. I can't even imagine doing it all on the fly under pressure... hell, I left my phone on the backseat on Saturday to check the GPS, then took off causing the phone to land in the road and get run over... that was an expensive mistake. :( And I did that with plenty of rest and not a lot of pressure!

Like I said... I find it all fascinating and while you guys/gals are completely mad, you have my complete respect... B)

Wow, 21.6 gallons of gas, getting about 38mpg = 820 potential range, 750 miles to be safe!! If you average 65mph that's 11.5 hours of riding between fill-ups. Daymn!

Good luck with your ride!