Does This Fuel Cell Make My Ass Look Big?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another instance of a design theme gone awry. Can't even get to his fuel cell....

SAM_0223-1.jpg

Wow, 21.6 gallons of gas, getting about 38mpg = 820 potential range, 750 miles to be safe!! If you average 65mph that's 11.5 hours of riding between fill-ups. Daymn!!
Time to refigure both averages young Jedi! I'll go out on a limb and predict mid 20's at FJR nominal...

Good luck Matt, may the force be with you.

--G

Waiting to see what the range (and fuel economy) works out to for an entire tank running at nominal. Keep us posted!
When the tanks full he will get 10 MPG, by the time it's empty it will be 25 MPG
smile.png
I think a fellow rider could draft behind that behemoth arse and hit about 60 mpg.

Talked to Rick and Scott from Oregon at Hallelujah Junction mid afternoon today. They were gassing up on their to Alamo. Fun to visit with them but they also had a look of determination.

Best to all the riders.

"Matt, tripper mike, and I are in Alamo along with Carl Stark and his wife Jonnie, who are our emergency road crew."

Shout out to Carl - I doubt he remembers, but we met up roadside on an off ramp during my 48 plus ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talked to Rick and Scott from Oregon at Hallelujah Junction mid afternoon today. They were gassing up on their to Alamo. Fun to visit with them but they also had a look of determination.Best to all the riders.
You meet the strangest people on the road, don't you ;)

BTW- I *think* I remember where we met initially, Sheridan Wyoming at Carl Stark's rally a few years back. Does that sound right?

FYI: I am out of contention for that elusive number.... popped an error code 40 miles into the run this morning and it made me not want to be in the dark of Nevada second guessing what the "engine trouble" light meant. Sooooo a mere 1,054 or half of what I planned <sigh> Next year....

It makes your ass look huge ... And square ..

That is a nice setup ... Not for me but it definitely celebrates functionality ... Gets the fracking job done I would guess ... And that what it is supposed to do ..

I love it ...

Talked to Rick and Scott from Oregon at Hallelujah Junction mid afternoon today. They were gassing up on their to Alamo. Fun to visit with them but they also had a look of determination.Best to all the riders.
You meet the strangest people on the road, don't you
wink.png

BTW- I *think* I remember where we met initially, Sheridan Wyoming at Carl Stark's rally a few years back. Does that sound right?

FYI: I am out of contention for that elusive number.... popped an error code 40 miles into the run this morning and it made me not want to be in the dark of Nevada second guessing what the "engine trouble" light meant. Sooooo a mere 1,054 or half of what I planned <sigh> Next year....
Yes! It was at the Wyoming rally. I knew I wasn't that far off when I said I had met you.

Bummer about the code but smart call as it does get a bit lonely in Nevada during the middle of the night.
omg2.gif