Does This Fuel Cell Make My Ass Look Big?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Japanese Valdez.
So inquiring minds would like to know how many miles per tank fill up to riding 1800 miles!
Two ways to look at it. Either that I rode from my home in Washington State to the event in southern Nevada without filling up. Or, that I made it 346 miles between fillups at FJR nominal speeds during the event with plenty to spare....but only 26 mpg.

Japanese Valdez.
So inquiring minds would like to know how many miles per tank fill up to riding 1800 miles!
Two ways to look at it. Either that I rode from my home in Washington State to the event in southern Nevada without filling up. Or, that I made it 346 miles between fillups at FJR nominal speeds during the event with plenty to spare....but only 26 mpg.
26mpg? I don't get that low unless I'm in triple-digits!

Japanese Valdez.
The ET Highway is hard on FJRs. Flying Saucers sucks petroleum products from your rig by an osmosis beam without your permission.

Japanese Valdez.
Think your starting to get the

depositphotos_5389711-Funny-young-man-with-light-bulb-over-his-head.jpg

Japanese Valdez.
Gear and RPM for that 26 MPG around 6000-7000 in 5th? Seems nominal to me...

1175.jpg