DOGPILE ALERT!! Brand new 08

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manwhoride

Reaction score
Had bikes all my life, just sold a Harley owning it for ten years. I got a new 08 FJR and two weeks later in the mountains in San Diego I stowed the kickstand (I thought) I started to get off this brand new machine and the only thing beating my new beautiful bike to the ground was a tear falling from my check.

Alas, I got into the problem and came up with a solution. This won't ever, and I caution using the word ever happen again.... But, I ground down the stay to give me more of an lean angle and took some 12 gauge flat stock, about 1/2 inch bigger in circumfrence than sits on the ground and welded it to the footprint. I Then affixed a piece of rubber mat the kind used in truck beds to the new footprint and whalla, I'm in fat city, it works very well Take that you non self-respecting piece of poorly designed iron...! I feel much better now!

This is a hell of a way to introduce myself telling the world that I dropped a brand new bike. But, it is what it is and I've done the re-wind countless times with no way to change the end results. I'm a newbee to the forum....

Last edited by a moderator:
Checking...checking...checking.......

IT'S FRIDAY!!! PILE THE NEWB FOR NOT DEPLOYING HIS SIDESTAND CORRECTLY!!!!!

Dogpile begins in 3......2......1........................................................................... :lol2:

The story is just too sad to dog pile! The dip shit feels bad enough, just kidding. :assassin: I always make sure she is sitting pretty before I let go of her, he will too from now on!

The question now....is before I move it to NEPRT...is whether to have the newbie and future lookie-lous and band-wagon-jumpers go find the old thread from hell themself or to spend the time myself to find and link it.

....um.....let's let Friday brew a bit more first and try a bit of sarcasm.....

Hey, manwhoride....that sucks....really! Rumor has it that they're fixing this obvious defect in 2010 under pressure from NHTSA. ....snerk.... :rolleyes:

The question now....is before I move it to NEPRT...is whether to have the newbie and future lookie-lous and band-wagon-jumpers go find the old thread from hell themself or to spend the time myself to find and link it.....um.....let's let Friday brew a bit more first and try a bit of sarcasm.....

Hey, manwhoride....that sucks....really! Rumor has it that they're fixing this obvious defect in 2010 under pressure from NHTSA. ....snerk.... :rolleyes:
Actually there's a recall on 08 sidestands. And they'll replace any scratched plastic they might have been damaged.

But if the bike bike's been tampered with, you're SOL.... :dribble:

I almost had the same problem once, then I remembered the stand had to be down to be useful, problem solved. ;) So did you have TOGS installed?

Funny, I never had that problem before....

[SIZE=14pt]NOT![/SIZE]

I even knew about the dreaded kickstand issue and almost lost 'er.... ALMOST. I now kick my kickstand out so many times, to make sure it's past center, I'm afriad or damaging the stand. :eek:

It's automatic with me know, the bike doesn't rest on the side stand unless my foot is against it and pushing it forward. ;)

BTW - Welcome from SoCal.

Bust and odot! Calling all cars, calling all cars, Bust and odot needed for newb assistance...

6a00d8341c96be53ef0115701d32db970c-.jpg

Welcome to the forum. And not to worry; it's like an honor for a noob to be the subject of Dogpile Fridays!!! :D

NBC_smith-larry_dogpile.jpg

crylarfing.gif
crylarfing.gif
crylarfing.gif
crylarfing.gif
crylarfing.gif
crylarfing.gif
crylarfing.gif

Been there, done that, got the pic to prove it:

DSC01449.jpg

Is it a defect if you don't even try to put it down before the dismount? BTDT, got the pulled hamstring to prove it....

The question now....is before I move it to NEPRT...is whether to have the newbie and future lookie-lous and band-wagon-jumpers go find the old thread from hell themself or to spend the time myself to find and link it.....um.....let's let Friday brew a bit more first and try a bit of sarcasm.....

Actually there's a recall on 08 sidestands. And they'll replace any scratched plastic they might have been damaged.

But if the bike bike's been tampered with, you're SOL.... :dribble:
That's cool, I know where I can get a brand new one to opt into this too good to be true offer....

Actually, I've never dropped a bike before in my life. But this forum is full of sad stories and the feejer sidestand.