DOGPILE ALERT!! Brand new 08

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But this forum is full of sad stories and the feejer sidestand.
This is very true...but this forum is also full of experts, assholes, jelloheads, goat-touchers, engineers, ham-fisted jackoffs, full-on racers, weekend riders, lifetime riders, month-old newbies, French-speaking Canukians and Kalifornicaters who have NEVER had their Feejs kiss pavement from a poor sidestand deployment.

Welcome to Friday!!

:assassin:

BTW, I can't help it...computers are my living...but I can't help but seeing your Forum name as some kind of harddrive that's also a man-whore.

:rofl:

You need to PM Ignacio. He's an Admin who'll let you edit your Forum name. ManWhore is MUCH better than manwhoride. :lol2:

Last edited by a moderator:
The question now....is before I move it to NEPRT...is whether to have the newbie and future lookie-lous and band-wagon-jumpers go find the old thread from hell themself or to spend the time myself to find and link it.....um.....let's let Friday brew a bit more first and try a bit of sarcasm.....

Hey, manwhoride....that sucks....really! Rumor has it that they're fixing this obvious defect in 2010 under pressure from NHTSA. ....snerk.... :rolleyes:
Actually there's a recall on 08 sidestands. And they'll replace any scratched plastic they might have been damaged.

But if the bike bike's been tampered with, you're SOL.... :dribble:
That's cool, I know where I can get a brand new one to opt into this too good to be true offer....

Actually, I've never dropped a bike before in my life. But this forum is full of sad stories and the feejer sidestand.
You're right, this forum is full of incompetent old people. B)

As a not too removed noob myself, I must admit this almost happened to someone very close to me. The victim put the stand down, but it didn't go all the way over center (victim didn't realize this). Began to lean the bike over, victim was concentrating on getting a tight fitting (new) helmet off (he was multitasking you know). But the bike didn't stop going over. Looked like a redwood falling...slow motion followed by a quick and chilling realization from the victim. What happened next, we're told, was a show that should have been captured for that mindless reality show: Amazing Videos of Brilliant Stupidity. A struggle commenced between the bike assisted by what must have been about 4 x the force of gravity and one goofy-looking rider with a helmet half off his head. Blind, surprised and in a position with no reasonable leverage, the rider struggled for about 10 seconds in what looked like a one sided fight until the helmet flew into the yard and a solid purchase was made against the beast. The match was won by our hero, but only after great exertion. Now the identity of our hero shall remain wrapped in secrecy because no one would really want to run the gauntlet of shame that this crowd can dish out. Suffice it to say that our hero now does a double check on the stand position after deployment.

In complete confidence...

W2

moran-sign.jpg

As a not too removed noob myself, I must admit this almost happened to someone very close to me. The victim put the stand down, but it didn't go all the way over center (victim didn't realize this). Began to lean the bike over, victim was concentrating on getting a tight fitting (new) helmet off (he was multitasking you know). But the bike didn't stop going over. Looked like a redwood falling...slow motion followed by a quick and chilling realization from the victim. What happened next, we're told, was a show that should have been captured for that mindless reality show: Amazing Videos of Brilliant Stupidity. A struggle commenced between the bike assisted by what must have been about 4 x the force of gravity and one goofy-looking rider with a helmet half off his head. Blind, surprised and in a position with no reasonable leverage, the rider struggled for about 10 seconds in what looked like a one sided fight until the helmet flew into the yard and a solid purchase was made against the beast. The match was won by our hero, but only after great exertion. Now the identity of our hero shall remain wrapped in secrecy because no one would really want to run the gauntlet of shame that this crowd can dish out. Suffice it to say that our hero now does a double check on the stand position after deployment.
In complete confidence...

W2
You just described what a lot of folks here also ascribe to Warchild riding his Hayabusa.

The phrase is "monkey fukin a football".

Thanks for the laff!

Seriously, I was parking my Feejer at SFO under the overhang in front of my neighbors room right outside the big window. One day didn't ride in the rain and joined a group to cage over to CycleGadgets (that was a mistake in itself; picked out $300 of stuff I had to have). When I got back and was near my room, fellow peeps ran out to me with big concern on their faces. They found my parked bike right outside that window with stand facing in, just barely standing with the kickstand like perpendicular (straight for you blue collar workers) with no angle forward. They were convinced just someone brushing the bike as they walked past would make the bike fall into and through the window. Yikes.

I'm now a bit more careful with the sidestand.

Seriously, I was parking my Feejer at SFO under the overhang in front of my neighbors room right outside the big window. One day didn't ride in the rain and joined a group to cage over to CycleGadgets (that was a mistake in itself; picked out $300 of stuff I had to have). When I got back and was near my room, fellow peeps ran out to me with big concern on their faces. They found my parked bike right outside that window with stand facing in, just barely standing with the kickstand like perpendicular (straight for you blue collar workers) with no angle forward. They were convinced just someone brushing the bike as they walked past would make the bike fall into and through the window. Yikes.
That's okay Mike...we'd NEVER dogpile YOU for your sidestand.

We've got your Nautilus install for that! :rofl:

And just WHERE the HELL is Brundog???

This is very true...but this forum is also full of assholes, jelloheads, goat-touchers, engineers, ham-fisted jackoffs, weekend riders, man-whore's and fornicaters who have NEVER had their Feejs kiss pavement from a poor sidestand deployment.
Amazing Howie! Ya covered just about every name/description you've been referred to.. :p

Shit! Me bike just fell over :eek:

:jester:

That's okay Mike...we'd NEVER dogpile YOU for your sidestand.

We've got your Nautilus install for that! :rofl:
I got my Nautilus install rat cheer, Howie <_<

so, how are your valves doin' these days... :rolleyes:

<I feel the love, Steve>

:clapping:

Had bikes all my life, just sold a Harley owning it for ten years. I got a new 08 FJR and two weeks later in the mountains in San Diego I [SIZE=18pt]stowed[/SIZE] the kickstand (I thought) I started to get off this brand new machine and the only thing beating my new beautiful bike to the ground was a tear falling from my check.
Next Time DEPLOY the damm thing.. **snicker

Welcome..

This is very true...but this forum is also full of experts, assholes, jelloheads, goat-touchers, engineers, ham-fisted jackoffs, full-on racers, weekend riders, lifetime riders, month-old newbies, French-speaking Canukians and Kalifornicaters who have NEVER had their Feejs kiss pavement from a poor sidestand deployment.

Welcome to Friday!!

BTW, I can't help it...computers are my living...but I can't help but seeing your Forum name as some kind of harddrive that's also a man-whore.

You need to PM Ignacio. He's an Admin who'll let you edit your Forum name. ManWhore is MUCH better than manwhoride. :lol2:
Welcome to the forum ManWhore!

Welcome to Friday!!

Welcome to the forum ManWhore!
+1 First thing I thought of too :lol:

400th post!

I stopped using the side stand for this reason. Instead I use the center stand as follows:

1. Dismount bike and keep left hand on left grip.

2. Face the bike.

3. With right hand, reach down and grab the lift handle on the rear frame

4. Lift rear tire off the ground using your right hand

5. While standing on your left foot, use your right foot to flick down the center stand.

6. lower the rear of the bike so it sits firmly on the center stand

7. Proceed toward the lunar lander (this technique only works in reduced gravity)

I stopped using the side stand for this reason. Instead I use the center stand as follows:
1. Dismount bike and keep left hand on left grip.

2. Face the bike.

3. With right hand, reach down and grab the lift handle on the rear frame

4. Lift rear tire off the ground using your right hand

5. While standing on your left foot, use your right foot to flick down the center stand.

6. lower the rear of the bike so it sits firmly on the center stand

7. Proceed toward the lunar lander (this technique only works in reduced gravity)
Dude, He can't even get the sidestand out. You want him to get off and try to hold it up and all this crap. Well it aught to be good for another Friday dogpile.

Can someone please direct me to the thread that shows how to deploy the sidestand? I'm really tired of having to lean my FJR against something when I park it...

...pay not attention to my avatar photo...I photochopped in the side stand, the bike is actually leaning against a highway marker...

Can someone please direct me to the thread that shows how to deploy the sidestand? I'm really tired of having to lean my FJR against something when I park it...
...pay not attention to my avatar photo...I photochopped in the side stand, the bike is actually leaning against a highway marker...
PEOPLE... READ for hell sakes..

Manwhore was honest.. He said he STOWED the damm thing and got off the bike... It is not about forgetting to **** with it.. It is about having it in the correct position for use.. Guy is confused..

Wonder if he figgured out how to have kids yet with that kind of confusion in his life

40Y/O Manwhore virgin?

Just askin

Eyeballs. That's what they're for.

(No not to remove and use as pucks.....)

You look the sidestand down, just like you look the bike through turns. Never do anything on a bike you're not looking at. Stop the bike, kick the stand down, look at it, look to be sure your foot is out of the way, lean the bike over, watch the stand touch the ground, watch that it takes the weight without moving in the folding-up direction. Now you can get back to all your other unimportant functions like chatting with the guys and taking off your gloves.

Personally, I've never dropped the bike on the sidestand. I came pretty damn close once, and another 3 degrees and it would have been down. At the dealer a couple of weeks after I bought it. Right there in front of all the Star cruiser guys. Wouldn't they have had a laugh?

My drop was after crashing into my brother's bike when I though he'd ridden away. (Remember that "Never do anything on a bike you're not looking at" thing? That's partly how I learned it!)